“old and worn motel”

Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Conway
Tulsa
“old and worn motel”
Reviewed 7 September 2011

this hotel has seen its better days. had lots of noise at night from "guests" and visitors. would beware of location with children. room was clean and shower new but not a great value. will not be back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2011

After our previous nights experience with another hotel, we had pretty low expectations when we rented this one that was $20 cheaper than the last one. To our suprise, the desk clerk was very nice, the rooms were small but CLEAN and quiet. Everything worked and we had no problems what so ever. Had to pay for internet, but it was a nominal fee.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank LostOnLandAgain
Russellville, Arkansas
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Desk clerk was nice. Room was remarkably small. Carpet was worn out and a bit dirty, so we decided to keep our shoes on at all times, even to go to the bathroom. Otherwise, the room was just fine. There were very limited options for food getting delivered to the motel room. No wireless internet access was available for some reason. The motel may be better now, but when I stayed here, there’s wasn’t much to compliment. There are several restaurants in the area. Walmart is viewable from the motel room. Very good access from the interstate.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GreekGoddess392
Tennessee
Reviewed 4 August 2010

This motel was more than satisfactory for a place to sleep while passing through Conway on I-40. It is an older Motel 6, with small rooms (our room had 2 beds, each with one side against the wall), but it was clean and conveniently located near the interstate. Plenty of towels were furnished. For budget travelers looking for a clean room with comfortable beds at low rates, it's perfect.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I do alot of traveling and stay at alot of motels. I usually stay at Motel 6 because I always travel with my dogs. I recently stayed at
Motel 6 in Conway, AR and highly recommend it to everyone. The hotel manager there is Jerry Waddel and he is awesome. He made sure we had everythig we needed. He was very personable, very friendly and just made the whole
motel stay wonderful. All motel managers should take lessons from Jerry Waddel.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank Lady_Jae
El Reno, Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 June 2010

When we stopped here I had very low expectations. Unfortunately, the motel failed to live up to even those expectations. When we checked in the lady behind the desk seemed less than disinterested in our business. I've had better service from teenagers at a fast food restaurant. And when I opened the door to our room I could tell I made a major mistake choosing this place. Two full size beds were stuffed into a room that wasn't big enough for one. It was the smallest place I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in some dumps with just one bed. We could barely get our stuff in the room but somehow we did. We had to bring everything in since the other people staying there looked more than a little unsavory. We flopped down on the beds to watch some TV and relax and found we had a little more than 15 channels to choose from. When it was time to sleep we could hear the people above us jumping around until well after midnight. Then the police were nice enough to pay a visit to some of the people staying around there 2 AM. After waking up forget about about taking a shower, the flies were too numerous to even want to try. At promptly 6 AM we were packed and out the door and I will NEVER stay in Conway or a Motel 6 ever again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank okcowboysfan

Travellers are raving about these Conway hotels

Conway ark
Reviewed 17 February 2010

I've stayed at this motel before and thought (mistakenly,) that I was a valued customer.
I drove several hundred miles to reach the hotel, rent a room for a week and attend to my business at hand. Upon arrival at the front desk, the clerk was finishing with a male customer; I stepped to the side to wait. He left and the phone rang. The clerk answered the phone, talked leisurely to the caller who was asking numerous questions but not at all interested in making a reservation (the clerk asked several times). She continued to answer the same questions repeatedly ignoring me as I stood by with my credit card out, waiting to book a room. Had I not been so very tired I would have gone elsewhere. When she finally hung up I noted that, 'When I telephone in, I'm usually told to either wait because there is a customer here or 'may I call you back?'...The clerk in very arrogant manner replied that ,"The phone rang before you even got here so it's our policy to attend to the caller first," (actually the phone rang as I stood by, waiting for the man to leave); I was shocked at the rudeness and could hardly speak....didn't want to be equally rude back. I just rented my weekly room, and emphasized that I wanted 'no housekeeping' because I had my cat with me, therefore did not want my door opened when I might be out of the room. Two days later, at the front desk I was told that housekeeping had gone in, seen my cat (fortunately hadn't run away). I was appalled that had happened and mentioned that I'd clarified it to the clerk when I first arrived, then told of her initial rudeness, The manager was equally obnoxious in repeating, "Co policy requires that we accommodate the telephone customer first..." I asked, "have you never heard of 'bird in hand better than 2 in bush?' Summary....this paid for week is my last with Motel 6. They went out of their way to let me know that they don't value a paying customer. I'll just telephone them in future when I need a leisurely chat, rather than spend money there. I'll pay more to be treated fairly, respectfully and professionally.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business