“Nice for the price”

Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Conway
Summit Station, Pennsylvania
“Nice for the price”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Counter staff was friendly and helpful in finding a good dinner location. The room was clean and as comfortable as a Motel 6 can be. Better mattresses would be welcome improvement. There was quite a bit of noise outside the room. I really question whether in fact I was provided a non- smoking....or maybe it was a non-smoking only when I was in it.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank don w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sheridan, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The desk staff of this motel are very, very nice. Everyone helped me with anything I needed with no fuss, and I'm sorry they have to work at this particular location.

I was here for a week at the end of June. My room was clean but smelled like stale cigarettes. It was difficult to sleep as there were loud car stereos going at late hours all up and down the motel parking lot. For four nights, everything was fine. The last night I woke at 3:30 in the morning to find cockroaches on my walls and in bed with me. I turned my room key in at 3:45.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Angie L

Travellers are raving about these Conway hotels

Reviewed 18 April 2013

The only thing right about this $&?! Hole was the price, and still we paid too much. Our non-smoking room smelled like stale cigarettes from bygone days mixed with some other mystery odors that, when combined , reminded me of the cat box overdue for a cleaning. So bad it kept me awake. Bed VERY UNCOMFORTABLE.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank GTFOD
Laguna Hills, CA
Reviewed 15 April 2013

On a driving trip whose primary goal was to bring two 100-lb dogs from California to Maryland, I chose Motel 6 as the most cost-efficient, pet friendly choice for our nightly stops. On this, the third night of our trip, we checked in to discover that we had been "pre-assigned" to a purportedly nonsmoking room in which many Marlboros and Camels had recently been enjoyed. When we requested re-assignment, the clerk reacted as if we had offered to boil him, and performed our reassignment with a great show of martyrdom. The room we got instead was at least smoke-free, but the front door was missing its outer layer (with the surviving inner layer painted over); the door plate escutcheon bent away from the door, requiring us to use a credit card to close the door. The beds were glorified army cots. The room was just large enough for a man and a dog to pass each other between the beds. The 2-foot diameter cylindrical shower, which another guest has rightly compared to Woody Allen's Orgasmatron in "Sleeper", worked for us, but wouldn't have suited anyone who needed a tub bath. No lid on the toilet, a nuisance when trying to keep large dogs from slurping from it. Only saving graces: cleanliness and quiet.

Room Tip: You will probably not have your choice of room, but if you do, stay on the side not facing WalMart.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Roskolnikov
North Bend, Washington
Reviewed 16 October 2012 via mobile

We are on a road trip around the country with our two dogs. We are camping a lot but needed a place to stay for a night because it was raining really hard. I was a bit concerned because of the bad reviews, but didn't needed a pet friendly place. The motel was just fine. The room was clean and it was quiet. The bed was comfortable. It was fine for the night. I don't know what people are complaining about.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank leslierw
California
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Checked in late at night, but early enough to walk in to the lobby rather than deal through the bullet proof glass. After hours you have to check in with a clerk behind the glass as if in a gas station on the graveyard shift. But, it was quick and efficient, no worries. My room was on the second floor, no view of Wal-Mart but of a convenience store and another equally cheap hotel. No major complaints about the room--carpet was threadbare but free from debris, and the sheets, while not crisp, seemed clean enough to sleep on, so I did. The fan/heater was extremely strong. Couldn't quite find the sweet spot between blowing cold air and blowing winds from the bottomless pit of hell so gave up after a few tries, but at least if it was deep winter you could make it warm if not cozy. The other advantage is if the neighbors are noisy, turn on the fan--you won't be able to hear them over the din. Shower and bath were clean and I took both the provided bars of soap which had a very cool Motel 6 logo on them. The remote worked on the TV. I paid the few bucks for the wireless internet but it was a bit spotty in the room--from the middle of the bed it didn't work much, but move over a couple feet, sit on the edge of the bed, and it worked fine though not speedy. I give four stars as above average because of the cleanliness of the sheets and bath/shower, which really is all I needed for a one night stay, and the good value (it was cheap!). Didn't drink the free coffee in the morning so no comment.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank ukaspar
Tulsa
Reviewed 7 September 2011

this hotel has seen its better days. had lots of noise at night from "guests" and visitors. would beware of location with children. room was clean and shower new but not a great value. will not be back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family