“Extremely Surprised!”

Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Conway
Sherwood, Arkansas
“Extremely Surprised!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Lady at the front desk was very helpful, professional and very friendly. In fact the entire staff was awesome. The room was spacious, clean, quiet, up to date and best of all, no cigarette smell. Good location, plus fairly quiet. I was pleasantly surprised after reading some of the bad reviews. There was a refrigerator with a small freezer box and a microwave. TV had a choice of around 20 channels with good reception, plus there was a channel guide in the room. It made it easier to find my favorite shows. There was enough plug sockets for computers, chargers, etc. Like I said before the staff was great and I plan to stay there again. All in all it was a very good value!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank telisa6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This place is SERIOYSLY infested with roaches and I'm not talking about water bugs, I'm talking about house roaches!!! There were 3 in bathroom as soon as we got here! Wasnt long before they started crawling on ceilings and walls! Pulled the sheets back on bed and there were 2 IN THE BED!!! My son and I both ended up with a roach on us during the night! The entire room is sooo not clean, very old and raggedy, needs to be remodeled or torn down! We will NEVER be back and PRAYING we don't take any roaches back home!!!! Worst place I've EVER stayed in! Weekends waste of money I tell ya!

• Stayed December 2013

Travellers are raving about these Conway hotels

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I wanted to see what the rooms looked like so the front desk gave me a key to look at a room near the office...I opened the door to the room and immediately heard a screech...the room was OCCUPIED...!! The front disk clerk did not seem overly concerned that she had given me a key to an occupied room.
It was late at night and we were utterly exhaused, so we went ahead and rented a different (and UNoccupied) room...
If we had not been so tired and if I had thought that my dad would want to get back out to the car with his walker, we would have left within minutes to go in search of a clean place.
The door was stuck...very hard to open and close...
Only one drape on the track designed for 2 drapes...allowed light into the room that should not have been there...
The sheets were ancient, holey, yellowed....the pillows were nearly nonexistent....
NO DOOR on the the Bathroom....just an old folding thing that, in theory, pulled accross the whole cracked sink/bathroom area.....
The air coming out of the AC smelled strongly of (believe it or not) urine....I am wondering if a previous crazed occupant had perhaps urinated in the AC.
No coffee pot....Ice in some distant place...no closet....not enough towels, shampoo or soap...
Neither of us could handle the idea of a shower in that place so we just got a few hours of sleep and fled as early as possible the next morning...

Room Tip: My best tip...avoid this place...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GEO D
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I may never use Priceline again after this experience. This hotel should be be given a 1 star rating. The manager at the front desk was very kind and the room was large but everything else was terrible. The hotel was old, run down, shabby furniture, holes in bedding, spiders in room, dead bolt did not work, big hole in shower wall, towels/wash clothes thin and rough, old television, no ice bucket, toilet was rickety, ice machine located in room at back of hotel and was accessible to anyone off the street. The only reason we did not leave was because we could not get a refund if we left. We did not feel safe and would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed 21 January 2013

My wife & I got a 2-star hotel thru Priceline, when I had bid $42. Shame on you, Priceline, you may have lost a 15-year customer on this one. The hotel should be probably 1 out of 4 stars. Clean enough and the front desk folks were nice enough at check-in & check out (although it was mildly irritating having to give make of car, license plate info, etc.). On top of that, Priceline's regular price for the hotel for the night was $45.99, so they gave me less than a 9% discount on a hotel that Expedia doesn't even put in their listings.

The hotel is a former Ramada Inn, I was told. Room smelled a bit odd although not dirty. A bit difficult to regulate the heat, the television is an old one from 7 or 8 years ago, I'd say, plus the "stopper" part of the tub didn't work so a nice bath wasn't an option--only a shower. The beds are pretty hard and not the most conducive to a good night's sleep.

My wife pointed out the smoke alarm was missing, you could see where it'd been removed, so I was pretty surprised by that. The hotel is of the old-fashioned setup, where you approach all rooms from the outside rather than thru a lobby & down a hallway, so that looked/felt a little sketchy. Definitely kept the door locked & dead-bolted the entire visit although the area didn't seem to be dangerous.

The hotel is ranked #16 out of 18 on Trip Advisor and it's certainly seen it's better days. I'd never specifically choose this hotel and I definitely felt a little "jipped" paying close to $60/night after taxes for this place. Extremely unlikely to return.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Smith
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I chose to stay here after getting a great deal on Priceline for a 2 Star Hotel. Obviously, Priceline doesn't know what they are talking about.
Check-in was fairly smooth though they didn't have the room I had reserved and was guaranteed (King Bed non-smoking, got 2 Double Beds non-smoking).
I had troubles getting into the room because the door was stuck. I had to throw my weight behind it to get it to open. Then I had to throw my weight against it to make sure the door was closed.
The room was clean, but worn looking. There was heavy air freshener in the room of artificial vanilla which prompted me to take an allergy pill right away. The room was chilly, so I turned on the heat which was really slow in heating the room. Even at the highest temp and highest fan setting, it took half the night for the room to finally warm up.
The bed was short sheeted and lumpy. The sheets also had holes in them. The pillows were almost perfectly flat. So flat, that no amount of trying to fluff them up worked.
The clock radio was bolted next to the TV. Didn't matter: none of the radio stations came through, just static.
There was plenty of hot water in the shower, but the tub was stained. The non-skid surface on the floor of the tub was non-existent and I almost fell (no safety bar, either). The towels, were very lightweight, small and felt like sandpaper. The bathroom walls has broken tiles and the seat on the commode was very loose to the point I almost fell off.
Breakfast was so-so: three kinds of cereal (only one not pre-sweetened), donuts (no bread or muffins), regular coffee (no decaf) and 2 kinds of juice that tasted half rancid. That lasted me maybe an hour before I had to stop for something more substantial to eat.
Next time, I'll spend a little more and go someplace else.

Room Tip: Go someplace else
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Merriam, Kansas
Reviewed 29 September 2012

The front desk clerk was very friendly & was able to find me an extra pillow quickly. Our room was very clean & pleasantly updated with the decorations & no cigarette smell. It was quite large w/ 2 queen beds, a fridge & microwave. There was a partician for the entire bathroom that you pulled shut which is a good idea for older motels w/ exposed bathrooms.Yes, it's older but well maintained inside & out. The only recommendation we have is that it could eventually use some new bedding however we had no problems sleeping.The breakfast is just a starter meal w/ delicious donuts, coffee & cereal. A perfect motel for the money!!

Room Tip: The rooms in the front were very quiet if you run the AC.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple