“A 10 out of 10”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cotter
The White River Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Cotter B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We just spent 4 days at the B & B White River Inn. It was absolutely top notch. Moose and Tina are wonderful hosts and don't miss a thing. The Inn in luxurious and spotless. The food was fantastic, not your typical B & B stuff. My husband and I travel all around staying at B&B's along the way and this by far is the best and favorite. We will definitely be back, and hopefully soon. Don't even hesitate to stay at this Inn. You will NOT regret it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barbara S

Reviewed 7 April 2013

A beautiful Inn in beautiful country and hosted by Tina and Moose. The Inn is a most spectacular structure and looks like a warm and cozy museum inside. We went there for a very private get-away. We had a day of fishing with arrangements made by Moose. We had lovely meals with the other guests and yet we were allowed our privacy. It was wonderful. I would recommend it for families, friends or lovers.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ViolaM422
Reviewed 11 December 2012

My administrative assistant found this location for me when I was wanting to take some clients fishing. I was a little uncertain, but I trusted her anyway. The title of my review says it all: Outstanding. I am usually somewhat hard to please...not that I am a complainer, but more of a perfectionist, where I notice the little things that I would do different. Not here. Moose and Tina had an amazing way to make us feel at home and like we were just enjoying a close friend's home. The food was terrific - definitely bring your appetite. The views and fishing were amazing. We had a great time catching trout till we were exhausted! The resort worked very well for 4 men fishing together, even though I could tell it caters to more of the traditional B&B "couples" market. If you are the type of person who enjoys the outdoors but you don't necessarily want to completely "rough it", The White River Inn is for you.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jon R
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Reading the reviews before our visit to White River Inn, I was apprehensive of just how discriminating outdoors-men would be about their accommodations, but having recently vacationed there, I was not disappointed. Even the most avid 'indoors woman' would be very pleased with the perfect balance of casual elegance in an extraordinary setting overlooking the White River. Moose and Tina were warm and engaging, and eager to ensure that every need was met. We look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy Wade R
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Just spent two days at an incredible Inn. Located on a wooded bluff hundreds of feet over the White River, this property is the ultimate hunting and fishing lodge. Reminiscent of a national park lodge in the Tetons (only much, much nicer), it is spacious, incredibly furnished, and beautifully equipped with large screen TVs for diversion after excellent trout fishing on the White River. Moose (the owner) is as good a host as you can find and obviously quite a sportsman as evidenced by his mounts that fill the inn ranging from world class fish to mountain lions and grizzly bears (not to mention a plethora of African game I could not identify). Other assets include a great view over the river and wonderful food cooked to order.

Room Tip: All the rooms are spacious and beautifully furnished.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank David H
Reviewed 27 September 2012

My husband and I are new to trout fishing. We found this place on Trip Advisor and figured the reviews sounded good. Little did we know we picked a FIRST CLASS operation. On arriving at the White River Inn we were greeted by Moose, the host. The Inn is an impressive native wood lodge surrounded by trees. We settled into our room and ventured out onto the back deck. We were blown away by the view. The Inn sits on a bluff overlooking the White River and you can see for miles. We saw some bald eagles fly by, an osprey, an owl, and other various birds while staying there. It was magical sitting on the back deck. I could feel all the tension of our two day drive melt away.
We had Guest Suite #3. It has a king sized bed, a large window that overlooks a small field where deer often came wandering through. Another large window looked out the back to the million dollar view I mentioned earlier. The room had plenty of space and the bathroom had a two person deep soak jetted tub plus a separate glassed-in shower. The towels were extra thick and thirsty. Very luxurious. The mattress was very comfortable (just the right firmness) and the 600 count sheets were silky smooth. There was plenty of room in the closet for our things. There was a vanity area for our things plus plenty of storage in drawers. There is a big screen TV but we didn't use that.

The Inn has two large living areas with huge TVs and lots of large overstuffed leather couches for guests to lounge and relax. There is a hot tub on the back deck so bring your swimsuits.

The ambience was just perfect for any visitors. The guests had their own mini kitchen with full size refrigerator, sink and counter space. We could have brought snacks, and drinks but soft drinks and water are in the refrigerator provided for the guests. Meals are served in the dining room that looks out the back to the incredible views. Moose and Tina (our hosts and proprietors) cooked gourmet meals during our stay. We had huge rib eye steaks on two of the nights. Every meal was carefully planned and presented in a pleasing way. Wine and beer are provided with meals. We even had cloth napkins. Now I know we were in a first class place. <grin>

We booked the fishing package for 4 days/5 nights. Our first day of fly fishing was with Mark, a guide selected for us by Moose. He was very patient and helped us refresh our rusty skills while showing us the best places to catch trout. We mostly caught small rainbow trout our first day. Mark spent most of his time with me as I am really new at this. Meanwhile my husband quietly caught trout after trout. The second day we were guided by Chad. Chad's goal was to help us master hooking and landing as many trout as we could. We did just that. We caught so many rainbows and a few browns that we lost count early on. By 3pm we were actually tired of catching fish and asked to go back to the Inn. The third day was with Chad again and he showed us both wade fishing and float fishing techniques. We continued catching lots of trout and were very happy with our improved fly fishing skills. On the fourth day we decided to try something different and Moose hooked us up with Pete, a spin fishing guide. Pete has lived in the area for most of his life and has been a guide for 30+ years. He KNOWS the river. We wanted to catch the really big brown trouts we had heard about. So we used bait that we caught and proceeded to catch 20 brown trout ranging from 16"-22" plus 3 good sized rainbows. We had 3 excellent guides that Moose selected for us.

We were so impressed with our experience at the White River Inn. I highly recommend the package deals that are offered. The guides were all excellent and very patient and very helpful. I know we wouldn't have had the success we had by ourselves. btw, we did the catch and release because we didn't want it any other way.

Moose and Tina made us feel like family and we were sorry to see our trip come to an end. The accommodations, meals, and views made our trip worth every penny.

The only cons I can manage to think of are: not enough hangers in the closet, need some hooks in the bathroom to hang our wet towels, and the pillows were too soft. You can see I am really scraping to come up with any negatives.

I highly recommend the White River Inn to anyone who wants to get away from it all. Whether you want to do some hiking in the woods, bird watching, or fishing, this is the perfect place.

Room Tip: Contact the owner, Moose, and tell him what you want so he can suggest which room would be best. Tel...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mary H
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I fish for trout in arkansas often but don't live there. So I have been to all kinds of places. This place is spectacular. First of all, it is on top of a mountain overlooking the river. That should be enough. But the inn itself is wonderful and a sight to see. I took a lot of pictures. The food and accommodations were superb. We went as part of a guy's fishing trip, but will definitely go back with my significant other. And the lodge where we have stayed the last 4 times in the fall - well we won't be going back.

Room Tip: use their fishing guides
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank mike h

Been to The White River Inn? Share your experiences!