“Breathtaking”

Ranked #1 of 2 Cotter B&B and Inns
Dolly070
“Breathtaking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2009

You will love staying at this bed and breakfast. Everything is top of the line. The food, the view, the accomodations and the warmth and friendliness of Moose and Tina are without compare. If you love fly fishing, this is the place for you. If your wife is not interested in fishing she will enjoy staying at the lodge and just relaxing. I would recommend this White River Lodge without reservation.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2009

Beautiful facility, warm welcome and excellent service. Moose and Tina really open their hearts and knowledge of the area to make sure your stay is top notch. Would go back in a heartbeat. Take a look yourself - http://thewhiteriverinn.com/

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2009

While looking at The White River Inn on the web it was obvious that it was beautiful place, however after seeing The White River Inn in person I could not believe it. Breathtaking is truly an understatement. I was greeted upon my arrival Moose and Tina Watson and immediately felt like I was a friend they haven’t seen in some time. The views are the best I have ever seen on the White River. The mornings started out with puffed pancakes with a orange glaze, special blended country sausage, wonderful maple flavored Arkansas smoked bacon. Also sausage gravy that took me back home to early weekend mornings spent on my grandparent’s farm. I was awaken plenty early to enjoy breakfast and did not feel rushed to meet my fly fishing guide for the days fishing. The White River Inn uses only the best guides on the river, which doesn’t surprise me one bit. Whether you are a spin fisherman or a fly fisherman Moose Watson has the knowledge to arrange for the proper guide that suites your experience level and this only assures you of the day’s success. I could go on and on….however I know you will not be disappointed with your stay. If heaven is on earth…this is the place and you will leave with memories not soon forgotten. You will leave wanting nothing other than to return as soon as possible. I know I can’t wait to get back to heaven on the bluff of the White River.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2009

I know that sounds a little over the top, but The White River Inn was truly a wonder for my husband and me. We had been through a severe ice storm that knocked us out of power for almost a month. We really needed to rest and relax. The White River Inn was everything we needed and more. From the moment we entered we felt at home but only better. The innkeepers, Moose and Tina Watson, made us feel like family right from the start. The inn itself was rustic and luxurious at the same time. Our room was so comfortable and the bathroom (with a Jacuzzi) was wonderful. The view of the White River from our balcony was breathtaking! There was also a cozy sitting room for the guests with a large screen TV. There was also the main room of the inn with comfortable furniture, large screen TV, and a huge fireplace. We spent a lot of time there with our hosts. The inn itself was perfect but what set it apart was Moose and Tina, our hosts. They made you feel like family but with the perks of being a paying guest. I can't say enough good things about them. My husband and I have been to several bed and breakfast establilshments but were always disappointed. This time we picked a winner. Needless to say, we won't be staying any other place but The White River Inn in Cotter, AR.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cotter
Hampton Inn Mountain Home
Days Inn Mountain Home
Days Inn Mountain Home
#4 of 16 in Mountain Home
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Mountain Home

Been to The White River Inn? Share your experiences!