“"A must visit spot on the White River below Bull Shoals...."”
Review of His Place Resort

His Place Resort
Omaha, Nebraska
“"A must visit spot on the White River below Bull Shoals...."”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My recent stay at His Place Resort with my 10 year old grandson for some trout (drift) fishing was the occasion to look back on the wonderful times we and our family have enjoyed there over these past 7 years. Zack caught his first trout there 3 years ago, trying to match his brother's prowess as my son and 2 grandsons and I floated one of the Resort's 20' boats through Hurst's Hole. That memory triggered another for Zack.... a Bald Eagle's nest, complete with mother chicks, that he spotted just after that catch. It seemed to him and I that each trip for us to this marvelous spot on the White from our home in eastern Nebraska has had a memorable event we can go back to and enjoy..... I know that his father and brother always bring up our stays at His Place to there friends. His Uncle always brings up that 24" Brown to his friends in Las Vegas.
The Resort has always been our type of place: a quiet setting, right on the River, very clean units, well maintained and up to date rental boats and motors at the dock, Tackle shop, excellent website with live river webcam (!). The service is genuinely great, from fishing and River flow information from Steve, to the warm and friendly words from Julie....and when's the last time you had home baked chocolate cookies waiting for you as you opened you cottage door? The rates are astoundingly modest...excellent value here. Ten minutes from restaurants and shops.
Seven years, at least as many trips..... as you can tell, our family's totally into the His Place experience!

Room Tip: Riverview rooms 1-4 (2 people), or 4 and 5 are great
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 22 September 2012
Hey, P.
Thank you so much for the kind words... it means so much to us that what we do helps our guests make great memories! Guests like you are the reason we're here... See you soon...

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 13 September 2012

If you are looking for the ultimate vacation experience,then look no further! We have stayed with Julie and Steve at His Place Resort several times over the past few years and have enjoyed every minute of it ! From the exceptionally clean rooms to the best fishing guides and equipment, you are sure to have a vacation to remember. They have a full tackle shop with fishing licenses and some very nice boats to help get you to the honey holes. The staff will go above and beyond to make your trip a memorable one.....(They are Simply The Best)

Jeff M

Room Tip: Highly reccomend room 12.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 15 September 2012
Thank you so much! It's so great to have you here... we look forward to serving you and your family for many years...
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My Mom and I have been going to 'His Place' for several years. The accommodations and fishing are always great, but it's the family, friendly atmosphere that means the most. My Mother is 94 years old and has limited mobility. Steve and Julie (owners) and Dale (the best guide ever) go out of their way to take care of my Mother and ensure that she has a great time. It is the one activity that my Mom says "keeps her going"!
Thank you guys - you're the best!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 15 September 2012
thank you so much... having you come stay with us is a highlight in our lives, too. We hope to one day be able to fish and get around like your mother does at 94 years old! we love you guys...
Villisca
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My family and I have been staying at His Place Resort at least twice sometimes three times every year for many years now. It's the only place we will stay. We have rented many of their cabins and they are always clean, comfortable and fully stocked. Just bring the food and clothing! The staff are exceptional and are always available with anything we need. We have also camped in a tent and the same superb services apply! This year we had bought a fifth wheel camper and where unsure if we would be able to pull it in there, but Julie and Steve made every effort to accomadate us! What a relief and joy for me as I couldn't see staying anywhere else! I no longer consider Julie and Steve as owners of this great place, but they are now considered close friends which is very easy to do. They are always very interested in our day and I love to visit with them about our lives outside of fishing. This resort sits in the best area for fishing, both wading and boating, in which we do both. Never a day goes by without a great day of fishing!. We own our own boat now, so honestly cannot comment on the boats and equipment other than I have always noted how clean and well maintained everything seems to be. We did rent boats in the early years and NEVER, EVER had any problems with them! The White river and it's unpredictable rising and lowering does take very experienced and Responsible people to be able to use a boat on your own. They have great guides available to help when you need. This resort is my home away from home! I can't imagine anyone not being happy here! Julie and Steve, we love you! And will see you soon! I recommend this place to everyone looking for some trout fishing and have brought friends with us who I'm sure will say the same!

Room Tip: Cabin 11 is the best to bring your whole family! Lots of room and covered deck over the river! My fa...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mchristiana
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words... we enjoy you, too! That's one of the best things about having a resort... the people you meet, and the experiences you get to share with folks like you!
Ste Genevieve
Reviewed 11 September 2012

oldhippi57
My friends and I have been staying with Julie and Steve @ His Place Resort for many years.. We were able to vacation there on an average of two times a year. Unfortunately life has become a bit to complicated to keep up with the old pace. Fishing has always been excellent along with the great weather of the ozarks has made the resort ,our choice for future destinations. The owners have always kept the accomodations at a very high standard. They always seem to have time to stop in for a visit and "catch-up session" , on all of our families and lives. Julie and Steve have become part of our extended family. We are wade fishermen and fisherwomen by choice. River levels don't always cooperate, but the demand for energy can't be dictated and visitors should be aware of this. The White flows thru Bull Shoals Dam, a hydro electric, dam. Boats and motors are available thru the resort, and are late model equipment, serviced to perform at optimum levels. Resort grounds are always groomed and spotless. Cabins are clean and comfortable and feature all the comforts of home. All you need to bring is food and drink. Groceries and supplies are close at hand in Gassville and Cotter. Out of state fishing license are available at the resort office.Staff is ,and has always been, hard working and friendly. They strive to make your visit comfortable and enjoyable. Military,Church Groups and Law enforcement discounts give an indication of what the owners credentials and beliefs are based on. In closing, my opinion of the resort is "home away from home".

Room Tip: view the resort photos
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Thank you so much... we've become very close friends over the years, and are always excited to have you arrive! You are the reason we're here... thanks again!
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed 15 December 2011

This is where we put family and friends while we stay next door at the RV park. Great accomodations and attentive staff. I also stay there during inclement weather (Jan-Feb) when I'm insane enough to go fishing at that time of the year. Centally located for fishing the White and Norfolk Rivers, with good fishing at your door. Restaurants and shops close by and a fly shop on the property... what more do you want!!!???

Room Tip: Sweet talk Julie about rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank czkid
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words... we'll see you and the kids in October! We look forward to serving you again...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cotter
The River Rock Hotel
#4 of 16 in Mountain Home
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 16 in Mountain Home

Been to His Place Resort? Share your experiences!