“It is the best resort”
Review of His Place Resort

His Place Resort
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I have been an annual guest at Julie's and Steve's resort for each of the past 15 years. The overall quality of their resort has no equal along the White River tailwater system. The rooms are always immaculate, the service is always friendly and respectful, and the fishing cannot be beaten. If you are a wade fisherman, their location offers several miles of excellent wadable water. I have had many 100 fish days (my last trip in November of 2012) yielded over 150 fish (on drys, nymphs, and streamers). I have also floated with Steve, who is a very knowledgeable fly fisherman. You can't go wrong if you stay at His Place Resort.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank you, Larry! It's always a pleasure having you!

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Great place to stay! Been going for 4 years at least 3 times a year. Found the owners to be outgoing and helpful. Would highly recommend His Place. Steve and Julie have exceeded all expectations. They keep is informed of weather and river conditions via email.

• Stayed: September 2012
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2012

Hi, T!
Thank you so much for the kind words... We truly appreciate the time you took to share your good experiences with us, and we will work hard to continue to deliver on and exceed your expectations! Thanks again, and we'll see you soon...

Reviewed 2 October 2012

His Place Resort has been our trout fishing home away from home on the White River for the last 10 years. When we book a stay with Steve and Julie we are counting the days until we get there and always not wanting to leave. We fly fish, spinner fish and drift fish so we normally catch our share of trout because His Place is located on a great stretch of the river, up and down from the resort. They have a well maintained and safe dock and their rental equipment is well maintained also. I use my motor 90% of the time with one of their boats and occasionaly use their motor and have never had any problems with the equipment. They also have excellent guides that know the river and where to catch the trout. While the fishing is really good here the main reason we stay at His Place 4-6 times per year is because Steve and Julie have done such a great job with their resort. The lodging is always clean, comfortable and fully equiped with everything we need so all we have to do is bring food and gear. The surroundings are quiet and relaxing and there is nothing like pulling up a chair and watching the sunset on the river. Something else that makes our time at His Place special is the hospitality we receive from Steve, Julie and their staff. Over the years they have become friends and they always take the time to "catch up" whenever we are there, whether it is on the deck at sunset or around a campfire at night. If you are planning a fishing trip to the White River.....take it from someone that has fished out of several places on the White River....book some time with Steve and Julie at His Place, you'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: Units 5 and 6 are great for 2-3 people.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

hey, C.!
Thank you so much for the kind words... We're glad to be able to provide a place where folks feel so at home. We always look forward to your visits, whether it's just you and M., or having the family... You give us good memories, too, and we appreciate you. See you soon!

Reviewed 14 September 2012

As I write this I am wishing I was on my way there!
Steve and Julie has spent many years making His Place a warm and welcoming place to escape to. Before they bought it, we used to tent camp, (even in the winter) but now we always stay in the cabins because we know they are very clean and comfortable. The cabins are fully stocked with household items, but if there is anything you need they go above and beyond to provide it if possible. All you have to do is throw your poles and clothes in the car and head their way! If the water is low we wade and in the past if the water was high we would rent a boat. We average 4-5 trips a year and if we had the time it would be more. His Place Resort should be on the top of everyone's "I want to go there" list!

Room Tip: I've stayed in all but 2 rooms and #12 is my favorite, for a large family or lots of kids #11 wo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

Thank you for the kind words... we appreciate your friendship over the years, and really look forward to your visits! I feel like I'm on my own personal vacation when y'all are here... and your cooking! We love you... see you soon...

Reviewed 14 September 2012

My recent stay at His Place Resort with my 10 year old grandson for some trout (drift) fishing was the occasion to look back on the wonderful times we and our family have enjoyed there over these past 7 years. Zack caught his first trout there 3 years ago, trying to match his brother's prowess as my son and 2 grandsons and I floated one of the Resort's 20' boats through Hurst's Hole. That memory triggered another for Zack.... a Bald Eagle's nest, complete with mother chicks, that he spotted just after that catch. It seemed to him and I that each trip for us to this marvelous spot on the White from our home in eastern Nebraska has had a memorable event we can go back to and enjoy..... I know that his father and brother always bring up our stays at His Place to there friends. His Uncle always brings up that 24" Brown to his friends in Las Vegas.
The Resort has always been our type of place: a quiet setting, right on the River, very clean units, well maintained and up to date rental boats and motors at the dock, Tackle shop, excellent website with live river webcam (!). The service is genuinely great, from fishing and River flow information from Steve, to the warm and friendly words from Julie....and when's the last time you had home baked chocolate cookies waiting for you as you opened you cottage door? The rates are astoundingly modest...excellent value here. Ten minutes from restaurants and shops.
Seven years, at least as many trips..... as you can tell, our family's totally into the His Place experience!

Room Tip: Riverview rooms 1-4 (2 people), or 4 and 5 are great
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2012

Hey, P.
Thank you so much for the kind words... it means so much to us that what we do helps our guests make great memories! Guests like you are the reason we're here... See you soon...

Reviewed 13 September 2012

If you are looking for the ultimate vacation experience,then look no further! We have stayed with Julie and Steve at His Place Resort several times over the past few years and have enjoyed every minute of it ! From the exceptionally clean rooms to the best fishing guides and equipment, you are sure to have a vacation to remember. They have a full tackle shop with fishing licenses and some very nice boats to help get you to the honey holes. The staff will go above and beyond to make your trip a memorable one.....(They are Simply The Best)

Jeff M

Room Tip: Highly reccomend room 12.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much! It's so great to have you here... we look forward to serving you and your family for many years...

Reviewed 13 September 2012

My Mom and I have been going to 'His Place' for several years. The accommodations and fishing are always great, but it's the family, friendly atmosphere that means the most. My Mother is 94 years old and has limited mobility. Steve and Julie (owners) and Dale (the best guide ever) go out of their way to take care of my Mother and ensure that she has a great time. It is the one activity that my Mom says "keeps her going"!
Thank you guys - you're the best!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

thank you so much... having you come stay with us is a highlight in our lives, too. We hope to one day be able to fish and get around like your mother does at 94 years old! we love you guys...

Been to His Place Resort? Share your experiences!