“Hit the Spot”

His Place Resort
Mountain View, Arkansas
“Hit the Spot”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Last minute plans to hit the river on a sunny hot weekend and Julie was ready to "let's make a deal". We stayed in unit 10. It was secluded enough for our needs yet also directly on the river's edge. The unit was clean as can be and fully stocked with all cooking equipment - even matches and lighter for the grill. My travel partner nearly had a stroke when he saw one of the friendly staff cleaning out the grill in prep of our 2nd night. We had plans to drive to dinner or other nearby destinations yet never left the River or the resort. Steve had the boat washed out and ready for our departure each morn. These two know how to host!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words... :-) You two are an absolute blast, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
bailey texas
Reviewed 5 June 2013

His place is a great place the staff is wonderful and the cabins are clean comfortable> We have been there 2 times and each time we really don't want to go home. Each and every time that we have been there we have received chocolate chip cookies in our room waiting on us and they are delicious!! Julie and Steve are wonderful and they make you feel at home and are willing to help you with anything that you may need. Take it from a Texas girl this is the place to go. The fishing is great and the white river is wonderful. So clear that you can actually see the bottom and see the fish. The best guide is a man named Dale!!! On you next trip go there and you will see that what I am saying is right..

Room Tip: if you are looking a for a very reasonable room for two people try their sleeping bag room. You hav...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Hi Cathy!
Thank you so much for the lovely review... we sure enjoy having you all here, too. And yes, Dale IS absolutely awesome! Come back and see us soon... we always have plenty of cookies, too!
Chesterfield, Missouri
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I've been fishing the White River for more than a decade. For the last several years, His Place Resort has been the only place I've stayed. There's nothing fancy about it. Some of the cabins haven't changed much for many years. But everything always works. Julie always tries to make things go as well as they can. It just feels.....comfortable.

In February, the men of my family decided to take a trip together. For the first time, I stayed in the unit designed to house 11. We couldn't have asked for better. As with the doubles, the cabin was clean, well-appointed and comfortable.

You won't find better fishing access. When the river's down, there's wade access right off your doorstep. When it's up, they have affordable boat and motor rental. When the dam is running all gates, the Norfork River is a beautiful, 20 minute drive. I've never entered the White River from His Place's property and NOT caught a fish.

If your'e going to fish the White, I highly recommend His Place. You won't be treated better elsewhere.

My one critique: they have a VERY strict cancellation policy. Do not misread. The policy is FAIR. One just needs to be aware of it before completing a reservation. I once had a last minute emergency that caused a cancellation. I was charged because the cancellation occurred within their window. I'll be honest. I was not happy. As a small business, I can understand why they feel the need for the policy, but it stung nonetheless. For my next trip, I considered booking elsewhere. But, in the end, I decided they had really given me the only thing that I could really demand: notice and fairness. I knew the policy when I made the reservation AND when I cancelled. It was the risk I took. Given the high quality of all my stays I decided I could get over the hurt feelings and keep my business with them.

Unless something changes at His Place, it will be my exclusive place to stay on the White. Thanks for great memories and great accommodations.

Room Tip: For groups of 4 or more, Cabin 11 (which houses up to 11) is worth the money. It gives you space an...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, Nate. We appreciate your business, and your critique... We look forward to serving you again!
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Clean rooms, friendly staff, peaceful enviroment, great location, very affordable, and personable owners. Annual trip 10 years and counting. Great location for day trips to canoe the beautiful Ozark streams Buffalo River, Crooked Creek, Spring River, and Kings River. Quick commute to North Fork River White River and Bryant Creek. Oh yeah, multple access points on the world famous White River for great trout fishing. Wade, boat, or get a guided trip right outside your door, A family of eagles have called it home at least 10 years...I think Julie and Steve give them a deal on the lodging. Truthfully I cannot imagine a year w/o His Place! For the oudoor enthusiast Value is the word!
Jeff St Louis Mo.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Thank you so much, Jeff! We appreciate your business and faith in us! See you soon...
Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed 6 April 2013

This has been my fourth time staying at the Friendly His Place Resort. Usually I am staying with my fishing buddies, however I decided to bring my entire family of eight on this trip to do some fishing, hiking and sight seeing. The experience was absolutely fantastic. the accommodations were excellent and spotless. The main office bent over backwards to help us enjoy our stay. They gave us great advise as to were to sight see and great places to eat.
If you want a great place to stay and relax in a family friendly get-a-way, you cannot do better than "HIS PLACE RESORT"

JIM

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Thank you Jim... we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I have been an annual guest at Julie's and Steve's resort for each of the past 15 years. The overall quality of their resort has no equal along the White River tailwater system. The rooms are always immaculate, the service is always friendly and respectful, and the fishing cannot be beaten. If you are a wade fisherman, their location offers several miles of excellent wadable water. I have had many 100 fish days (my last trip in November of 2012) yielded over 150 fish (on drys, nymphs, and streamers). I have also floated with Steve, who is a very knowledgeable fly fisherman. You can't go wrong if you stay at His Place Resort.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Thank you, Larry! It's always a pleasure having you!
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Great place to stay! Been going for 4 years at least 3 times a year. Found the owners to be outgoing and helpful. Would highly recommend His Place. Steve and Julie have exceeded all expectations. They keep is informed of weather and river conditions via email.

• Stayed September 2012
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 7 October 2012
Hi, T!
Thank you so much for the kind words... We truly appreciate the time you took to share your good experiences with us, and we will work hard to continue to deliver on and exceed your expectations! Thanks again, and we'll see you soon...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cotter
The River Rock Hotel
#3 of 16 in Mountain Home
Hampton Inn Mountain Home
Hampton Inn Mountain Home
#1 of 16 in Mountain Home

Been to His Place Resort? Share your experiences!