“Great spot on the river for your money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of His Place Resort

His Place Resort
oklahoma
“Great spot on the river for your money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

They have anything from a hotel type room up to a full size trailer/cabin with 3 or 4 bedrooms in it. If you have a large group then get one of the houses as it's a great value and it is stocked with all the cooking essentials as well. Just bring the basic groceries to cook your catch for the day. We have stayed in their cabins and in one of the houses. Although, they are not a 4 star hotel, they have always been clean basic rooms for a reasonable price in a great stretch of the white river. You can catch trout off of their boat dock or the bank easily.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank pharmd501
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hi! Just wanted to thank you for the nice review... we appreciate you taking the time to give us another good review on TripAdvisor! We're glad you had a great visit, and hope to serve you again in the future!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

My cousin and I have been trying to get to Northern Arkansas for several years. We are so glad that we found His Place Resort. Julie and Steve were the perfect hosts, and they love to share their passion for trout fishing. We will return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Julie R, Manager at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thank you, Brad! We enjoyed you and Scott... y'all are fun! Come back and see us! We look forward to serving you again!
Razorback Country
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

this resort is an awesome place to stay and trout fish!!!! we had an amazing time at a great price... we fished almost all day, grilled our trout outside, watched tv (which was dish and alot of channels) and slept on comfortable beds. the wifi was excellent, had no trouble with the speed of it. it was my husband and his dads birthdays so i got to bake a cake in the oven(which came out perfect) and we celebrated the occasions with cake and beer!!! lovin life and the people in it!!!!!!!!!! thank you His Place Resort

Room Tip: i stayed at number 8... quiet, no cars driving by private access to river!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thanks so much, Jen... I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves, and I'm glad the cake came out perfect! We look forward to serving you again in the future... Julie
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

His Place Resort is now my number one getaway location! The owners are friendly and very helpful and the location is amazing! The rooms were clean with a unique attention to detail.... not to mention the cookies!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Thank you so much! We look forward to serving you again!
Mountain View, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Last minute plans to hit the river on a sunny hot weekend and Julie was ready to "let's make a deal". We stayed in unit 10. It was secluded enough for our needs yet also directly on the river's edge. The unit was clean as can be and fully stocked with all cooking equipment - even matches and lighter for the grill. My travel partner nearly had a stroke when he saw one of the friendly staff cleaning out the grill in prep of our 2nd night. We had plans to drive to dinner or other nearby destinations yet never left the River or the resort. Steve had the boat washed out and ready for our departure each morn. These two know how to host!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words... :-) You two are an absolute blast, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!
bailey texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

His place is a great place the staff is wonderful and the cabins are clean comfortable> We have been there 2 times and each time we really don't want to go home. Each and every time that we have been there we have received chocolate chip cookies in our room waiting on us and they are delicious!! Julie and Steve are wonderful and they make you feel at home and are willing to help you with anything that you may need. Take it from a Texas girl this is the place to go. The fishing is great and the white river is wonderful. So clear that you can actually see the bottom and see the fish. The best guide is a man named Dale!!! On you next trip go there and you will see that what I am saying is right..

Room Tip: if you are looking a for a very reasonable room for two people try their sleeping bag room. You hav...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Hi Cathy!
Thank you so much for the lovely review... we sure enjoy having you all here, too. And yes, Dale IS absolutely awesome! Come back and see us soon... we always have plenty of cookies, too!
Chesterfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I've been fishing the White River for more than a decade. For the last several years, His Place Resort has been the only place I've stayed. There's nothing fancy about it. Some of the cabins haven't changed much for many years. But everything always works. Julie always tries to make things go as well as they can. It just feels.....comfortable.

In February, the men of my family decided to take a trip together. For the first time, I stayed in the unit designed to house 11. We couldn't have asked for better. As with the doubles, the cabin was clean, well-appointed and comfortable.

You won't find better fishing access. When the river's down, there's wade access right off your doorstep. When it's up, they have affordable boat and motor rental. When the dam is running all gates, the Norfork River is a beautiful, 20 minute drive. I've never entered the White River from His Place's property and NOT caught a fish.

If your'e going to fish the White, I highly recommend His Place. You won't be treated better elsewhere.

My one critique: they have a VERY strict cancellation policy. Do not misread. The policy is FAIR. One just needs to be aware of it before completing a reservation. I once had a last minute emergency that caused a cancellation. I was charged because the cancellation occurred within their window. I'll be honest. I was not happy. As a small business, I can understand why they feel the need for the policy, but it stung nonetheless. For my next trip, I considered booking elsewhere. But, in the end, I decided they had really given me the only thing that I could really demand: notice and fairness. I knew the policy when I made the reservation AND when I cancelled. It was the risk I took. Given the high quality of all my stays I decided I could get over the hurt feelings and keep my business with them.

Unless something changes at His Place, it will be my exclusive place to stay on the White. Thanks for great memories and great accommodations.

Room Tip: For groups of 4 or more, Cabin 11 (which houses up to 11) is worth the money. It gives you space an...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Julie R, Owner at His Place Resort, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, Nate. We appreciate your business, and your critique... We look forward to serving you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cotter
Hampton Inn Mountain Home
#3 of 16 in Mountain Home
Twin Lakes Inn and Resort
Twin Lakes Inn and Resort
#4 of 5 in Lakeview

Been to His Place Resort? Share your experiences!