“Great Day Drifting on White River Beautiful Scenery & LOTS o FISH”

Cotter Trout Dock Guided Trout Fishing Tours
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Cotter
More attraction details
Owner description: Arkansas Trout Fishing Outfitter Guide Service Guided Arkansas (one day) trout fishing trips on the White River and overnight (two day or more) fishing camp trips on our private 15 Acre island in the White River. Buffalo River wilderness area bass fishing trips and fishing camp trips. All trips are fully outfitted by us. Guides, fishing gear, camping gear (wall tents, cots, etc.), food and cooks are all included.On our one day (or half day) trips you don't just fish in the vicinity of our dock (called "fishing local"). On our usual "full day" trip, you fish 14 miles and on our usual "half day" you fish 10 miles of the White River. We then "pick you up" (along with your guides and Jon boats) and bring you back to our dock location in Cotter in our Suburbans and/or vans.Covering this larger portion of the river gives your guide the opportunity to get you to more "holes" (deeper areas) of the river where the guide knows the trout are likely to be. Catching 30 - 40 trout per day per person is not unusual. You can only keep five.If you prefer not to fish, we also do site-seeing trips the same way. Try our Shore Lunch of bacon and tomato sandwiches, black-eyed peas, hush-puppies, french fries and strawberry shortcake or banana pudding along with your freshly caught trout! This is all cooked by your guide along the riverbank over a charcoal fire.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was the first time I had ever chartered or paid for a guide to do any type fishing. I was hesitant but a lot of reviews of the area in general and the Trout Dock

We arrived in Cotter..very small curve in the river..I think it quaint, mid afternoon. After getting settled in at the Cotter Trout Lodge (see review) we strolled down the hill to the Park where the "swimming hole" boat launch, walk in river access and the Trout Dock are located.

The "swimming hole" was clear and cool with water fed from the river. There were folks lounging and kids swinging non stop from the rope swing out over the water.

We wandered into the Trout Dock Store and Offices ( very small cabin type building) and were met by the wife of the husband and wife owner team. She was so so nice and friendly. I made sure my arrangements were made for the next morning and all was in lace. We went ahead and got our licenses and she said she would just add them on to the next days charges. She lent me a rod and reel so I could go fish for a while that afternoon. I bought some bait and a lure and walked into the river and had a great couple of hours. Peaceful cool water.
She told us our guide would be Wayne the next day.
We arrived the next morning at 7 A.M. and were met by her and Wayne. We wasted no time getting to the boat and getting underway all the while she was taking tons of pictures of us everystep of the way.

We met Wayne and off we went. withing 20 minutes we had settled on a a spot and had our first small trout within minutes.

Wayne is very cordial and funny sort of reminded me of a cross between Bruce Durn and Henry Fonda and kept the conversation lively. He will not let a woman bait the hook nor cast the open face reels. He casts it perfectly and hands it to them to feel the tug, set the hook and reel them in.

For the next three hours we fished and caught fish up and down the river. We landed at a peaceful little inlet and had the box lunch they supply. Wayne set up a portable table and the oat chairs and sliced some fresh tomatoes and onions and we had two sandwiches stuffed with sliced turkey and then two smaller sub rolls with bologna and salami, package of chips, package of cookies and drinks.

After about 45 minutes we were back on the boat and moving down river once again catching fish.

In the end we caught 102 trout mostly rainbow and a few cutthroat. Wayne skillfully collected the largest as we caught them and we ended up with the limit of 5 trout each for a total of 10 trout to take home. We fished right up to the last second where we were met downstream about 10 miles. Dylan the owners son met us and loaded the boat and we rode back to the dock which took about 25 minutes.

Once at the dock we were given a very nice calendar with the photos she had take earlier on it. She had spent the time and photoshopped them into a nice memory thing. The bagged our fish and kept them in their freezer uintil we left the next morning.
All in all it was a really good day, the price wasn't bad. I have done less for a whole lot more before.
So for catching fish and just cruising the White River this is the place to go. The folks at the Trout Dock were extremely nice and I will be going back again.

Just go and listen to the quietness of the river countryside with the river flowing around you, cliffs and woods around you and crystal clear water.

Go to the Trout Docks/ They also rent boats and motors if you dont want a guide.

3  Thank Rory C

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Fishing was fantastic for my boat. The other 2 boats that went with us didn't do so well. You can catch rainbow all day by the 100's. Browns are tougher. We had Dug (that is how he spelled it) as a guide and he was awesome. We caught 7 Brown trout since he had the right bait and knew what he was doing. The other boats, not so much. We did the camping, wish we would of stayed somewhere else. We didn't have young kids with us, but we had a teenager and two 20 year olds. The cooks and guides we very "authentic", Food was amazing, but they did not really care about their language or inappropriate jokes. Maybe they turn it down a notch if the crowd is younger. They also slept in the tents with us, thought that was kind of weird.

Recommend for older, white, men on a business trip. No church groups. If you have kids, or any other ethnic person with you other than white, probably skip this one.

2  Thank John S
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Our group has been fishing with CTD for over 10 years. Their service is top notch and their guides are the best on the river. We have always had a great experience and plan to keep coming back every year. We have fished with others and I can attest that you cannot do better than Cotter Trout Docks.

2  Thank tigerwoods1954
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have been using Cotter Trout Dock almost every year since about 1995. Debbie and Ron bought it about seven or eight years ago I think.

Their level of service is without peer. They will bend over backwards for you to make sure that you get a good guide and you have a great experience with your family or friends.

They make it fun and easy.

The various resorts and cabins around the area will pressure you to book through them, but I would advise to stay where you want to stay, but book your own fishing guide through Ron and Debbie. We always have and will continue to do so no matter where we stay.

1  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The trip was everything we hoped for and more. We caught lots of fish. Our guide Greg was very helpful and very knowlegable about the river and fishing techniques. Food was fabulous. Lonnie is an excellent cook. My grandson and I did the trip for his high school graduation. We would recommend highly and would do it again in a minute.

1  Thank reino66