“Overall good stay”

El Pinoy Dive & Leisure Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Anilao B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Great rooms and staff. Great dm (phil). Good food. Just like everyone else, hated the stairs which im still sore from. Also, which i find a bit suspicious, they email your official receipt, which i havent recieved yet. Will wait til i submit my receipts to the BIR before reporting this. So unless u enjoy being audited i would email asap=)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank A C

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recently renovated so the rooms and common areas were pleasant enough. The staff were very friendly. The wi-fi in the dining area was sometimes very slow. Would have been nice to have it in the rooms too. We had a room on the top most terrace and it was an awful climb to make several times a day. The food was also well prepared and plentiful. We had chosen the full board option. The resort is a bit overpriced however we booked with only a week's notice so we expected to pay a premium.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014

El Pinoy Dive and Leisure is a great place especially for divers. It is also a nice and relaxing place because of the amazing view of the ocean.

Food was great and the staff were nice and very accommodating. I will definitely go back, this time with my family :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My friends and I had a wonderful stay at El Pinoy Resort in Batangas. Though at first I was kind of hesitant to join when I learned that it doesn't have beachfront since I am really fond of resorts with a nice beachfront. I know this resort is perfect for divers since the friends that I am with are divers and I will be just tagging along with them to relax for the weekend.

The 200 plus steps from the parking area down to the resort was very worth it since the El Pinoy staff were very friendly and accommodating they gave us welcome drinks right away.

Our room was very clean and spacious enough. What I really love is the breathtaking view of the ocean from our balcony. We stayed there for 2 days and I am just thankful that I joined my friends for this weekend vacation

We also enjoyed the delicious food. I just want to commend the Manager and the staff for being so courteous and accommodating. I wish we could go back again but for now, I'd definitely recommend El Pinoy to all my friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joy Anne O
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The 400 step walk up and walk down to the resort is a breath of fresh air compared to dealing with the staff of El Pinoy who gave us a problem in getting us a boat which was 3 hours delayed, in providing us with a (supposedly) dive master who doesn't have a DM license yet, in not being prepared with enough tanks for us to dive twice without returning to the resort to collect a second charge and in billing us inaccurately which actually took them more than 2 hours to process.

I won't deny the owners of this resort the praise it deserves in terms of the aesthetics and the relaxed ambiance of the place. It would have been a dream weekend without the stress of having to deal with their rude and loud staff who we felt didn't want our business in the end.

The dive trip preparations were very disorganized. Staff were a bit incompetent and we didn't feel that our comfort nor our safety were a priority to them. The dive operation did not appear to have any overall management.

Kudos to the kitchen staff, though, the food was good. However all the hassle and the trouble that we had to put up with wasn't enough to even make us think twice of spending our next dive trip in this beautiful resort.

Till we see see you again on our next dive trip but.. from a boat far far away from El Pinoy.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank owladvisor8
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This place caters to the lowest denominator -- people who are loud and have no respect for the environment.
I come to this stretch of coast every year since 2009 -- all was peace and beauty until these people opened this hideous resort.
In front there is the most beautiful house reef you could wish for, but as Pinoy caters to divers and take them on boats somewhere else, they provide their guests with a jet ski and allow them to go off on top of this pristine, gorgeous coral full of life, that some countries' best coral can't even compete with. The guests proceed to slam the jet ski up and down on the coral, not bothering to go into the deep water beyond the buoy -- they also don't respect the snorkelers that are quietly enjoying their swim, and almost opened my head and that of another person by not looking and going so fast within the perimeter for swimmers.

The jet ski is used again and again by different guests in the same way, maximum speed, noise a d destruction. No one in Pinoy bothers to impose rules on these testosterone-driven fools.

This is an amazing amount of arrogance and considering how long it takes coral to recover after being destroyed, and the rate at which it is disappearing in the whole world, this hotel is actually CRIMINAL.

As a journalist I shall be interviewing the mayor here to ask if this is the environmental policy of the city and why places like this are allowed to destroy something that is so gorgeous and delicate.

If you are thoughtless and want to encourage this kind of thing by all means go to El Pinoy -- if not there are many other options of better and more environmentally conscious hotels in the same stretch like Dive Solana and Casita Ysabel

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Carina F
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We had a trip to el pinoy in a group of 10 people. Weather is fine. One important thing want to mention is the shore dive! There is no facilities like pier for shore dive. The staffs said we can only pass through the shore on foot. It was so painful! Finally we gave up otherwise we would have destoryed lots of the coral.

Hate the food..... El pinoy provides Buffett for every meal but quality is pretty bad with very little choices. Moreover, no tuck shop or food market near el pinoy not to mention supermarket.

Many Mosquitos and flies I have seen in the resort. Could not focus on meal because we needed to fight with the insect while we were having our meal.

Rooms are clean but small.

Room Tip: I think in batangas you can get a better and more convenient resort.