“Just Average”

La Quinta Inn El Dorado
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in El Dorado
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Clean hotel with thin walls. I heard the people staying up stairs all night. They wasn't loud its just the walls were thin. The hot water for the shower was none existence. Breakfast was nice, staff was very friendly.
Beds were very confortable.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Stayed 2 nights in a double room. A nice place to stay. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Pool was clean. Rooms were clean. Minor cosmetic problems, but nothing in particular that's worth mentioning. Very convenient location. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through El Dorado that needs a place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Very good value. This is all I have to say
The receptionist at mid night was extremely helpful and treated me with a cookie as I coud not get anything to eat at that time at night

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I am a business traveler and stay at hotels over a three state area. This property is by far one of my favorites. Very clean, very comfortable, reasonably priced with all the amenities you can ask for. The staff is great and always makes me feel welcome.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed here recently when all of the other hotels were booked. When I checked in, I learned that there was no elevator. I am a business traveler so I had a bag, a computer bag loaded with stuff and some shirts on a hanger. I managed to drag the stuff up the stairs. My room seemed OK but the place smelled of Carpet Fresh. When I flushed the toilet, the whole handle fell off. I called the front desk and they agree to switch me to a new room but the lady wanted me to drag all of my stuff down there (no elevator) to switch keys. After I mentioned the lack of an elevator,she agreed to let me come down and get the key and then move my stuff and return the original key to her.

The new room was alright but is was missing the number on the door. It clearly had fallen off and never been replaced. Fortunately, you can look to the rooms on either side to see what room you are at. This room, just like the first room had mold in the shower stall and curtain. Not terribly uncommon in budget hotels but not what you want to see either. This rooms toilet seat lid was also cracked.

The next morning I went to run on their treadmill and found three mismatched pieces of equipment. It looked like someone had bought them at a yard sale. The TV remote control didn't work in the room but I was able to reach the TV to change the channel. The treadmill was filthy. A lot of treadmills have a pocket on the right and left of the screen. This one had what appeared to be a handful of crumbs caked into the right one. It clearly had not been cleaned in a long time. In addition, the treadmill belt was so loose that you could not safely run on it.

I had three dealings with front desk personnel and none of these ladies should be working in customer service. Two of them were on personnel calls while dealing with actual hotels guests. The last lady I spoke with asked me how my stay was when I was getting my bill to check out. When I politely told her of the problems, she didn't say a word and just gave me the bill. Se clearly didn't want to deal with it or apologize or simply didn't know how to.

I did call La Quinta's customer service number (which I never do) just to tell them that they need to fix some things here and they were very nice. They comped my stay which was the only service that I received.

Bottom line: This should be a last resort location if you have cannot find someplace else.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I'm really happy with the decision to try the La Quinta Inn El Dorado out. Normally I stay at one of the budget hotels and my sleep is disturbed by noises. Not once did I hear any noises in the middle of the night or early mornings during my stay here.

Breakfast was great. Bed was very comfortable. Parking spots are oversized.

The hallway did smell a little like cigarette smoke, but once I got in my room I didn't smell anything unusal. I had a ground floor room and didn't hear anybody above me during my stay. The wifi was excellent.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This hotel is located in a small town but the service was excellent and the rooms in great shape. The beds were very comfy and the bathroom was clean. Great bargain!

• Stayed: January 2012
Super 8 El Dorado
Super 8 El Dorado
#4 of 9 in El Dorado
Americas Best Value Inn - Smackover

Been to La Quinta Inn El Dorado? Share your experiences!