“There are better hotels in El Derado.”

La Quinta Inn El Dorado
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in El Dorado
“There are better hotels in El Derado.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

My father and I decided to stay here after reading that it was number 1 on tripadvisor. We ended up spending the evening looking out our window at the Hampton across the street which looked much nicer. The beds were not very comfortable and the hallways reaked of smoke. On the other hand, our room smelled as strong as the inside of a bottle of Lysol. In the end, the only thing we liked was the price.

• Stayed January 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

This was my second trip to Laquinta and both times it was nice and the price is very good. The room is average size but has everything that you need. Both times were very clean. The breakfast could have be better if they included hot foods like some of the other chains.

Front desk clerks were kind and pleasant both trips. In fact the first trip my 8 year old decided in the middle of the night to be sick. The front desk clerk both new sheets and gave him something to drink and crackers she had to help settle his stomach.

I will stay there the next time we come to visit family.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Deep South
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2009

The La Quinta in El Dorado is an older motel but it is quite comfortable. Our room was large and opened out to the pool. The room was clean. I was surprised to find a small fitness room with a treadmill. This was not on the website when I made the reservation. We had a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1luvmyhubby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2007

When I first was looking at hotels in the area that allowed pets I originally made a reservation with Kings Inn and was a little concerned with that based on the way it looked. I later found out that some bad things had happened at that hotel and decided I needed to find another one. When we got to the La quinta it was very quick service and we had all 4 dogs with us so quickness helps. Also the room was clean. They did not charge us any extra for our dogs. The room was at a very good price. The only drawback is that it doesnt look like it is in a great area but it looks that way all over El Dorado. If I go back with my dogs we will deff stay there again!!!
P.S. if you do not know the area stay away from the pine tree motel and the kings inn...they look sketchy!!

• Liked — the pet friendliness and the room cleanliness!
  • Disliked — the beds arent the most comfortable
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family