“Nice but a bit away from the city centre”
Review of Shaligram Hotel

Shaligram Hotel
Aalborg
“Nice but a bit away from the city centre”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I am normally wish to stay at the main square of the city but stayed here dues to work. This place is more for people with some sort transportation - or who doesn't mind taking a taxi all the time. That being said, Patan Durbar Square is within walking distance.

Friendly staff, nice and quiet location retracted a bit from a busy street, electricity during load shedding. Had a roof-top room with a nice fresh morning air outside.

Very quite in the nights - apart from barking dogs in the neighbourhood

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank PoulAlberg
sahsasia, Marketing & Reservations at Shaligram Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking some time to write this review of our hotel. We are also pleased that you chose the Patan side of the valley for your visit this time.

Namaste & Best regards,

Manisha K.C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Shaligram Hotel is a family run , centrally located residence. The staff are very friendly and looked after all our requests quickly and efficiently. A great value and a place to which we will return on our next trip to Nepal.

Room Tip: A wonderful experience and the staff were very helpful with all our requests. All the rooms were cle...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank chris c
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your excellent review. We appreciate your thoughts very much.

Namaste & Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The apartment I got (Garden Suite) was basic but large and clean - it had a bedroom with en suite bathroom and living room. There were other rooms available for more money which I had a look at (a friend was staying in one of them) which were very modern with overhead walk-in shower etc. but I found the basic room was good enough.
Service was fantastic and the staff really went out of their way to look after you.
The food in the restaurant is good and the selection is varied.

Room Tip: Go for a basic room unless you want a very modern room, then opt for one of the 'corporate'...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank AD247
sahsasia, Marketing & Reservations at Shaligram Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear SIr,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad that you had a pleasant stay at the Shaligram. It was our privilege to have you stay with us.

Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My one month stay in this service apartment hotel was perfect from all sides. I stayed with my family from 19th Dec 2013 till Jan 2014 in the new block which was very cosy and clean. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful with a smiling face all the time. Away from the crowded city, it also gives a nice feeling to be in a relatively quiet and a serene environment. I strongly recommend all who would like a relatively long stay in Kathmandu to be in this hotel.

Room Tip: Strongly recommend the new block.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank rajensharma
sahsasia, Marketing & Reservations at Shaligram Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your review and approval of our Hotel. We very much appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Manisha K.C.,
Marketing & Reservations
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed for close to 1 month and the quality of the service was impeccable. As we had two puppies (a dog and a cat) we needed a pet friendly location. The staff were all very courteous and friendly. The establishment very nice and well kept. The restaurant very nice, with their Thai food definitely worth a special mention. We were also lucky to be in town during Jazzmandu and the hotel kindly invited us for the night when live performance was taking place at the hotel. We were very well looked after and highly recommend Shaligram as a great place with excellent value for money.Max & Lella

2 Thank MassimoDiana
sahsasia, Marketing & Reservations at Shaligram Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Madame,

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We appreciate it very much. We are glad that we were able to make your experience worthwhile.

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My first visit to Kathmandu couldn't have gone better and the Shaligram Hotel was a big reason why. The room, restaurant and other areas on the grounds are excellent and the staff make you feel as though you are part of the family throughout the property. As an amateur photographer I also enjoyed the close proximity to the Bhaktapur district and tibetan camp. I never stay at the same place when I travel but this is one hotel I will definitely be sure to use again and again. Thank you.

Room Tip: I stayed on the new side.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank C J S
sahsasia, Marketing & Reservations at Shaligram Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your excellent review. We were honored to take care of your first visit to Nepal. We are fortunate to have such wonderful natural beauty and the ancient kingdoms of Basantapur (Kathmandu), Bhaktapur & Patan within easy reach.

We look forward to more of your visits in the future!

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 25 December 2013

As a frequent traveler, I favor small hotels and inns as these are conducive for work. The Shaligram offers the serene ambience I hanker for in my working trips. I was given a very spacious room at the ground floor of the new building. My room was always immaculately clean. The staff are very polite and always eager to be of help whenever needed. They go the proverbial "extra mile" - as example, the restaurant was closed on election day (November 19) and understandably so since they too were given the opportunity to exercise a right in their respective places. When I went to the restaurant and found it closed, I was approached by one who volunteered to prepare me dinner.

The premises are very clean and well kept. I never was tempted to throw a cigarette butt on the grounds since I really felt I was at home but more so because I did not see litters around. Besides, whenever I lit a cigarette, a staff in due time would bring me an ash tray.

The location was very ideal. Apart from its proximity to tourists areas, it is situated near a supermarket for your needs (my beer and cigarette) as well as a market should you wish to cook. I wish I did but my schedules did not allow. I found the restaurant very convenient with its limited choices. A 'kilometric' menu of several choices does not appeal to me. Its much easier to make a decision given limited choices which restaurant Manny has.

I look forward to going back in my next trip to Kathmandu!

I strongly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Get a room at the new building.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank damaso m
sahsasia, Marketing & Reservations at Shaligram Hotel, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear SIr,

Thank you for taking some time from your busy schedule to write this review. We highly appreciate this. We were honored to have you stay with us through a critical period in Nepal's politics. I will always remember this time as it was a very historical moment for us all.

Namaste & have an excellent New Year!

Manisha K.C.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patan (Lalitpur)
Summit Hotel
Summit Hotel
#1 of 8 in Patan (Lalitpur)
Hotel Himalaya
Hotel Himalaya
#2 of 8 in Patan (Lalitpur)
Summerhill House
Summerhill House
#6 of 8 in Patan (Lalitpur)
Hotel Clarion
Hotel Clarion
#4 of 8 in Patan (Lalitpur)
Hotel Goodwill
Hotel Goodwill
#8 of 8 in Patan (Lalitpur)
Dwarika's Hotel
Dwarika's Hotel
#10 of 198 in Kathmandu
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,063 reviews

Been to Shaligram Hotel? Share your experiences!