Summerhill House
US$55
Hotel Clarion(Patan (Lalitpur))
US$65
US$55
Godavari Village Resort(Patan (Lalitpur))
US$190
US$78
Travelocity
US$280
US$156
Hotel Greenwich Village(Patan (Lalitpur))
TripAdvisor
Green Tara Heritage Home(Patan (Lalitpur))
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrestaurant rowpleasure of stayinglovely hostsrooms are nicegot sickbeautiful gardenhome away from homehot watergatepowerinternetkathmandu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The town of Patan and Patan's Darbur Square is was fascinating to explore. You can walk to the center of town from the bed and breakfast. The food at the B & B was fabulous The staff looked after everything that we needed. A nice calming retreat at the end of a busy day sightseeing. Would highly recommend the B&B to others that want somewhere peaceful in Napal.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Kathmandu is an interesting city full of history and religious relics, but it's also full of dust, crowd and traffic (not unexpected of a capital of 2 million pops). But knowing that this wonderful garden oasis is there waiting for us to come home to each day sure makes it all easier to handle. Everything about Summerhill House is of high quality---not lavish. (And perfection is never lavish.) Atmosphere is warm and tranquil, and service is friendly and pleasing. Case in point, when we first arrived, our taxi had a hard time finding the place, which was frustrating since we had a long flight and a midnight arrival, but Prem the proprietor came down to the main road, flagged down our taxi, and guided us up to his guesthouse. Location is ~20 mins from airport, and the city's trendy "restaurant row" (Jhamsikhel Rd) is just 10 mins walk away. As well, people usually go to Nepal for hiking, but the nearest, cozy hike is actually right across the Ring Rd. from the guesthouse, and the proprietors is always glad to show you the way on a map. Like your breakfasts in the garden, the dinner will be on the slow side, but the food is good and healthy, and the lovely grounds, serene and relaxing ambience will conspire to make you wish the food would take even longer to come.

Room Tip: Rooms are not air conditioned (but ceiling fans should help keep you cool); Kitchen has a small staff (all very friendly and cheerful) so you must order in advance to have dinner -- We usually order an hour early. The owners also have a resort in Pokhara (Begnas Lake Resort: we found out too late to pay a visit) and operate tours specializing in the whole Indian subcontinent.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken N
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I cannot recommend this guesthouse highly enough - it is excellent on all levels. The thing that impressed me the most was the kindness of the owners, Prem & Purnima, as well as the care and concern demonstrated by all of the staff. While I was traveling in Nepal, I unfortunately got sick, and the staff went way above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable, and even helped arrange transport to a local hospital when that was needed. The staff went so far above and beyond the call of duty, I just can't say enough good things about them!

Beyond that, there are many other great things about this place. The meals are delicious and well-prepared. I especially loved their mo-mos and soups (especially the tomato)! They have a chef right there on the premises that prepare the meals fresh as they are ordered.

The guesthouse itself is absolutely lovely; it's an amazing oasis in the midst of chaotic Kathmandu. The place is filled with the most beautiful gardens, and the facility takes full advantage of the lovely grounds by having tables for dining right out in the gardens.

The room we stayed in in was absolutely delightful. I was especially impressed by the bathroom in the room - it was spacious and had a western-style toilet and excellent shower facility. They even managed to have hot water almost all the time despite Kathmandu's notorious power outages. I believe they had solar heated water that helped to facilitate that.

All in all, I cannot recommend this place more highly!!

Room Tip: I recommend asking for the rooms in the separate house - there are rooms in the main house but they are a little more basic. The ones in the separate house are more spacious and deluxe.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Renee W
Reviewed 13 October 2012

It was nice knowing that we could come back to the Summerhill House after a day of roaming around dusty Kathmandu. The gardens just put us back at ease and we could really relax. The rooms are extremely comfortable and it just comes so natural for Prem and Purnima to take excellent care of all their guests. A half-day tour of Bhaktapur was immediately arranged for us right after checking in which was a very pleasant surprise for us as we didn't think we had the opportunity to go there with the limited time we had. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I love this place. I was traveling solo and spent 5 nights at this Bed and Breakfast. The hostess and staff were very friendly and accommodating. The town of Patan is also nice. I much prefer it to Kathmandu city and Patan's Darbur Square is my favorite. You can walk to the center of town from the bed and breakfast. I paid extra and got picked up at the airport by a very nice man who greeted me with a flower necklace and a namaste. Welcome to Nepal! The food at the Bed and Breakfast is excellent (they also serve dinner). Everything is homemade and fresh. There is great bread, omelets, eggs, honey, yaks cheese and the portions are more than generous for breakfast. The coffee is just okay, but the fresh mint tea picked from the garden is really nice. The staff is really friendly and helpful and sweet. They did have wifi that worked so that is also really nice. The dinner was also excellent. Quality, taste, portion size, and cleanliness were all perfect. As soon as i left this bed and breakfast, I was sick for 2 weeks so I didn't appreciate it fully until i left! The beds are a bit hard, but i slept more than great. I definitely recommend this place and would go back again. Summerhill House is a little oasis. I stayed for 5 nights, ate dinner there most nights and usually with a beer, had a tea in the afternoon and total cost for the entire time was $200.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo