“Excellent Hotel”
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
A beautifully renovated Newari House
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Martina M
“Excellent Hotel ”
Reviewed 6 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

This has been by far, the best hotel we have stayed in during our 3 week visit in Nepal. Excellent service offered along with a spotless, beautiful room.

BHARATH S
“The perfect place to stay”
Reviewed 18 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

I stayed at Yamba traditional home for 3 nights and 3 days and it was absolutely perfect. The rooms were modelled on the traditional Newari style and it had all the amenities required. It was nice to see the effort the owner has put in to preserve the traditional style. The hosts- both the owner and his family were very warm and down-to-earth people. You cannot find more hospitable hosts. The owner, Mr. Pradeep is also very resourceful. For example, he booked us a cab to visit a popular tourist destination within 5 minutes of us telling him we want to go. He also made excellent suggestions of tourist destinations. He gave us a taste of the Newari cuisine by offering us sweets that are common in the Katmandu valley. We also got a nice discount on the price of the room because we are students. The home is also located at a central place in Patan. It is close to a world Heritage site. So, a walk around the area is pretty nice. I will definitely stay here when I visit Kathmandu again and I would highly recommend it for others too.

Markv_198...
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Incredible stay in Patan”
Reviewed 16 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

Pradeep and his family have created an amazing homestay in his family's traditional Newari house. The studio is breathtaking - timber ceilings, wonderful lighting, modern kitchen and such a comfortable bed. Pradeep is also a great host, and welcomed and farewelled me with tea and a snack. The location is also great, only a 2 minute walk from Patan Darbar Square, but the home is a quiet and peaceful place to stay. I also much prefered staying in Patan than Thamel or Kathmandu. I can't wait to come back and will definitely stay at Pradeep's place when I do. Don't hesitate to book this place!

dempsey46
Galway, Ireland
“Home from home”
Reviewed 24 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

Yamba Traditional Home encapsulates all the very best attributes of Kathmandu - the history, mystery, style, warmth and friendliness. It is set in a restored and renovated 100 year old plus traditional Newari multi-story home. The style, warmth and friendliness are supplied in abundance by the wonderful, host family who take you in and wrap you up in the sincere generosity of their welcome. The history comes from Yamba’s restoration and setting down a warren of mystical, magical, red-bricked and be-shrined streets where life exists in all its states and the mystery lies in where exactly will Yamba’s stairs end!!!?? The sky? The stairs snake up through the historic, interior of the building with a reward at the summit in the terrace breakfast (yummy, traditional, Newari food is proffered and I loved the cumin infused fried eggs ) room with profound views over Patan. Initially, we stayed in Yamba Traditional Home for two nights before heading off for three days to explore other parts of Nepal. After which, and on our return to Yamba the night before our flight, my friend commented that she was “home.” Yamba felt very much our “home" in Nepal. The facts are that the showers were powerful with constant hot water, the rooms, in traditional style were secure and comfy and the beds, sleep inducing. However, the attributes that set Yamba apart from other hotels such as homeliness are derived from the interaction with the host family: from Pradeep’s stories and how the Dad disappears every evening to feed a dog across the city, to beautiful, jocular Mamou and her warm, contagious laugh. I loved every minute of my stay there.

We must give special thanks and mention to Pradeep. He is quite simply “the host with the most.” From the moment, he collected us at the airport to our departure, he couldn’t do enough, he always went the extra mile, nothing was too difficult, and everything was there on demand. He provided every service, from securing taxi services, laundry, take-away food and a river of tea! Everything was done quietly and efficiently and was done from the heart. I loved our chats as he is so erudite and knowledgeable on a myriad of subjects, history, politics, economics and “the As to Zs” of Kathmandu life. His recommendations are to be heeded! The guy is a genius! It took me a few days to write this as I was and remain scared that my paltry words wouldn’t honor Pradeep and all at Yamba Traditional Home enough. My friend and I, left them and Kathmandu to return to our normalish lives, addicted to “namaste,” warm, sincere smiles and copious amounts of Nepali tea, refreshed, invigorated and imbued with the knowledge that we will never, ever stay in a “Chain Hotel” ever again. And when we return to Nepal, which we will inevitably do, we will stay at Yamba Traditional Home.

Thanks a lot.
Bbaum1
Broomfield, Colorado
“Extraordinary Guesthouse and Family”
Reviewed 6 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Wow! We had an absolutely amazing experience at Yamba Traditional Home. Pradeep and his family are incredibly hospitable and go out of their way to ensure your comfort and that all your needs are met. The Guesthouse is new, clean, and beautiful with modern touches (i.e. great mattress, hot shower, and the best WiFi in our 30 days in nepal by far) mixed with stunning traditional architecture. Breakfast was homemade, substantial in size, and absolutely delicious, plus they had real coffee! The location is within a short walk to the Patan Durbar Square but you feel like you're in a truly local area away from the tourist crowds. After staying here, we now understand why the reviews have been so extraordinary. If we could give 6 stars we would. Thank you Pradeep and your family for the great conversations and an absolutely memorable stay!

Thanks.
Hanh P
“Our best stay in Nepal, period”
Reviewed 31 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

The traditional home BnB was stunning and well-kept with pride. The owner Pradeep was just about the best host you can ask for. Breakfast on the rooftop was really nice. Stay here and take a break from the craziness of Thamel, or just stay here for your whole trip period. It is a great deal for the price as, have I mentioned? The place is stunning!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Thanks a lot
snaishida
“泊まってよかった!”
Reviewed 7 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

​ちょっと見つけにくい場所だけど宿泊してきたホテルの中で一番キレイで、居心地が良くて、日本語(再)勉強中の主人がとても優しかったです。奥さんの手料理も頂けました。日本人も是非。

A little bit difficult location to find, but the cleanest and the most comfortable hotel ever among I have visited in Nepal. The owner is full of kindness and I could even taste a plate of Nepali homemade dish cooked by his wife. He is (re-)studying Japanese and I recommend here for all visitors including Japanese.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Thank you.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing