“A serene retreat in Katmandu.”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
A beautifully renovated Newari House
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Japanese first
Any
Arthur H
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“A serene retreat in Katmandu.”
Reviewed 28 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

My family stayed here two nights. The owner's loving renovation is evident throughout. A welcome retreat from what can be a very noisy, dusty harried city. But the real selling point is the owner. In our two weeks in Nepal, we did not come across a more welcoming host, going so far as to invite the rest of my family to join his for dinner while I was laid low by a bug (that I certainly did not contract there!). Recommend w/o reservation.

riejpn
Tokyo, Japan
“The amazing home!”
Reviewed 5 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018
people found this review helpful

Yamba is the amazing home which i would return!
I have never stayed such a nice hotel with great hospitality.
The hotel facility is also great. The room and toilet are very clean and modern. Hot water available. I have stayed at a hotel with the same price in Thamel before, but Yamba is absolutely better! Great price for a value.
The owner, Pradeep , and his family are so caring and warm-hearted. It felt like as if I am in my home and with family. You will never feel alone here even if you are lone traveler. It was New Years and I was lone traveler- but I enjoyed chatting and spending time with them very much. I felt safe and peaceful here. Pradeep kindly gave me the information of sightseeing. On returning, i got lost and came back to the hotel late. Even worse, i was feeling so bad. The mother said(though she doesn’t speak English , i understood what she wanted to say) she was caring about me and waiting for me for long time... I bursted into tears!
After this they heartily took care of me and thanks to the care, I could safely get back all the way to Japan.
Thank you very much for your kindness and nicest memories!

emilyklsi...
Hong Kong, China
“Amazingly cozy Newari house / 充滿人情味的尼泊爾小屋”
Reviewed 9 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

you will never find a guesthouse owner as thoughtful and caring as Pradeep. Not only did he welcome us in the warmest way possible, he always went out of his way to help and make sure your every need is met. the yamba house is a traditional newari house with charming and clean rooms decorated nicely with the coziest vybes. it is also located right next to the patan durbar square, so very central. strongly recommend this property for those who want a glimpse into the local hospitality that nepal is famous for.

larissaba...
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great apartment, highly recommended!”
Reviewed 3 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Beautiful, big and stylish room in a characteristic authentic Newari-style building (we booked the apartment), clean and comfortable, with a heavenly soft bed, a nice warm shower with soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, very friendly owners, lovely breakfast including fruit, porridge and the best omelet. Location in the centre of Patan!

Jasyanand...
“Excellent!!!! ”
Reviewed 17 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

My husband and I have had many good stay around Nepal in the last 13 days but when we arrived here, we have found a very beautiful flat that is comfy welcoming and spacious! We relaxed here as if we were at home. Here you can chose room or flat. Flat is a very nice bed room, large bathroom, living room, kitchen.
Breakfast is very good!
Owner and staff very friendly welcoming and kind
If we have to go back to Patan, I would chose Yamba once again for sure!

Lydia P
Paris, France
“Amazing! ”
Reviewed 2 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We can only join in to all the reviews singing praise of Yamba traditional homes. Located in a superbly renovated family home, the rooms are a beautiful, large and well appointed. The owner is welcoming and attentive to guests' needs. The guesthouse is situated on a quiet street just minutes from Durbar sq. Highly recommend!

Alta S
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Authentic Newari Home”
Reviewed 24 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Yamba Traditional Home is a great place to stay if you do slow travel and want a cultural experience. It is a great base from where the Katmandu valley can be explored. Durbar Square is a few hundred metes from Yamba, and the surrounding area is great for exploration and photo opportunities.
Pradeep and his charming wife are the perfect hosts, attentive and helpful. Their newly opened guesthouse is built and decorated in the traditional Newari style, but with high ceilings. I stayed in a studio on the third floor and although I did not really use the kitchen, the space was great for a longer stay. The fridge was welcome in the warm weather. There are more than enough electrical sockets to charge all your electronics ( no power outages while I visited ) and fast wifi.
I followed Pradeep's suggested itinerary, which was more on point than the guidebooks. He organized the taxis and arranged the route with the taxi driver, great when little English is spoken. Pradeep also shared a delicious dinner - freshly prepared and the best Dal Bhat that I had in Patan! Breakfast was served on the roof terrace, with freshly brewed Himalayan Java and sweet treats.
The usual water, toiletries etc. was provided. I travelled solo, and felt secure and safe.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing