Monte Azul was more than we could have ever dreamed. The owners, Carlos and Randy, live on-site and make the visit very personal. The staff was extremely friendly and we wanted to take everyone with us or actually set up shop and just move there. It's one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. There is something truly spiritual about this place! Monkeys and lots of other animals to see right there on site if you get out and explore. Meeting the locals was fun too and really getting to know the people there. Monte Azul is set in a remote location, but with so much to do for the adventursome type and with all of the luxuries anyone could ask for. We had 4 course meals every night that were to die for. Everything is locally grown and a lot of it on site. If I could have brought back more coffee in my suitcase, I would have. The desserts were exquisite!!! The local dairy farm where they make cheese and we were able to do the same was one of the most beautiful places I have seen...it's a must. David was our guide and we took him everywhere with us. The soap making with Randy was lots of fun and I wish I had time to do more art classes while there...The art itself was awesome to see and we actually ended up meeting one of the artist in residence there who was as beautiful a person as his art was. I cannot say enough good things about this place. WE stayed a week...wish we had longer
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Azul Boutique Hotel is located on a private reserve in the Talamanca region of Costa Rica near the country’s highest point, Chirripó National Park. Equipped with four luxury riverside "casitas" and amenities and activities tailored to any type of traveler, Monte Azul provides an authentic experience for those looking to explore the nature and culture that Costa Rica is renowned for. In its short time, Monte Azul has achieved recognition from organizations like Condé Nast and TripAdvisor for elevating the standard for sustainability and style. About Monte Azul Center for Art and Design: The Monte Azul Center for Art and Design was established in 2005 with the vision of creating a haven where artists could come and express their creative nature while being inspired by the extraordinary beauty and peace of the Costa Rica highlands. The facility hosts select pieces from early and mid-career artists who produce some of the best work in Costa Rica and abroad. In addition to being a unique destination for art lovers and collectors, Monte Azul also offers travelers the opportunity to learn artistic skills like etching, monotyping and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Monte Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Azul Hotel San Isidro De El General
- Monte Azul Costa Rica/San Isidro De El General