My husband and I honeymooned at Casa Palopo in July 2013. Casa Palopo was simply amazing! The staff was incredible and the food was top notch. Must have gained 10 pounds that week!! Pleanty of places to eat around the lake, but with the food at Casa Palopo who would want to?! We stayed in room #7 but were able to look in each of the rooms during our stay (they left the doors open when no other guests were using the rooms). Room 7 had breathtaking views of the three volcanoes. While it is smaller than the other rooms, it was still very comfortable and had one of the best views, in our opinion. I also really loved the layout and views in room # 1. There is plenty to do around the area. You do have to pay handsomly for a boat/ guide, kyak rental, or car service around the villages, but we found that if you walk to the bottom of the hill you can easily catch a ride into town for less than $1.00 US per person on the back of a truck. It was really alot of fun and SO beautiful to see the lake from the back of a truck filled with locals heading into town to sell their goods. Highly recomend this mode of transportation around the lake- much less expensive and a very authentic expieriance.
There is tons of amazing local art in each of the rooms and you can really tell that there is amazing attention to detail in every room. We loved poking around each of the rooms to see what they looked like! Be sure not to miss seeing the library- it is so charming and full of color. The hotel was just so whimsical and romantic. Each evening, the bartenders brought me a cocktail while we listened to Enya in front of the fire. It was magical!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Casa Palopó. Perched above spectacular Lake Atitlan with a view of three volcanoes and located in the Guatemalan Highlands, Casa Palopó offers two distinct brands of romantic relaxation for the sophisticated traveler. Choose from the charming and colorful accommodations in the main building, which feature seven spacious rooms decorated with contemporary and indigenous artwork or a more modern outtake in the private villa located above the main building with a private pool, jacuzzi, living room and kitchen. In the main building relax in front of the fireplace in our hotel living room or enjoy a gourmet meal in 6.8 Palopo restaurant, with elegantly set tables in an intimate cluster. On the glassed terrace, additional tables spread along the wide veranda, 6.8 Palopó is the place to catch an uninterrupted view of spectacular sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Casa Palopo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Palopo Hotel Santa Catarina Palopo
- Casa Palopo Santa Catarina
- Casa Palopo Guatemala/Lake Atitlan