The place is simply gorgeous. The gardens are meticulously taken care of. And the views of the lake underneath are sublime. Its owner, Lucio Mamberto, will do everything he can to make you feel at home. You feel being treated like a personal guest.
This is a place for people who enjoy staying at a place with a personal touch, away from the anonymity and sterility of so many luxury hotels that I have seen all over the World.
We stayed in room number 3, which is a magnificent suite, with a living room and a kitchen, and with gorgeous terraces overlooking the lake.
The hotel has an infinity swimming pool with sweeping views of Lake Atitlan and the 3 volcanoes that surround it, and next to the pool is a jacuzzi which also overlooks the lake.
Since the hotel is high above a hill, the views of the lake underneath are simply sublime. They get particularly spectacular during the early morning hours and during the sunset.
A delicious breakfast is served in a beautiful terrace overlooking the lake, with flowers and hummingbirds all around. Dinner is served on request with an additional (reasonable) fee, and it is really good !!
Being high on a hill overlooking the lake means that the driveway is quite steep and not all cars can make it all the way to the top. But there is a parking spot near the entrance where you can park your car, and the hotel staff will pick you (and your luggage) up in a pick up truck and take you to the hotel. Otherwise, it is a pleasant walk uphill to reach paradise !!!
I have been to Lake Atitlan more than 50 times, and Tzam Poc is by far the best place to stay to appreciate the beauty of the lake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering an outdoor pool, Tzampoc Resort is located in Santa Catarina Palopo, right on Atitlan Lake. It features free daily breakfast, plus free Wi-Fi and parking. Each room here boasts bright traditional decor and has a small seating area and a private bathroom. All rooms include stunning views of the lake. At Tzampoc Resort you will find a sauna, jacuzzi and a garden. Restaurants and shops can be found in the neighbouring town of Panajachal, situated 6.5 Km away and accessible by boat. The property can also arrange for a private chef. Guatemala City Centre, where you will find La Aurora International Airport, can be reached in 3 by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Tzam Poc Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tzam Poc Hotel Santa Catarina Palopo
- Tzam Poc Resort Guatemala/Lake Atitlan