Hotel Sporting
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Parma(Pas de la Casa)
US$54
  • Restaurant
Petit Hotel(Pas de la Casa)
US$79
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Les Truites(Pas de la Casa)
US$92
US$83
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Cal Ruiz(Pas de la Casa)
US$49
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Hotel Catalunya(Pas de la Casa)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Guineu(Pas de la Casa)
  • Restaurant
Caribou Hotel(Pas de la Casa)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Panda(Pas de la Casa)
  • Restaurant
All reviewswalk in wardrobespa arealarge hot tubhuge bonusgreat hotelski lockerslarge varietyski vacationski hotelspent a weeklate at nightthe location is perfectsteam roomrooms are spaciousthe ground floorgood sizeevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Great location and friendly staff. Out of the 3 hotels I have been in Pas, this one has been the best. Buffet breakfast and dinner were very good with plenty of choices. Loved the spa and the spacious room. The only negative comment I have is that I had specifically asked for connecting rooms and when I arrived I was told they only had 1 and that was taken, but it wasn't a problem for us. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com
2  Thank jenny00
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Advantages:
---------------
1. GREAT location for ski lifts. Just about 30-40 metres
2. Very friendly and warm stuff, which speak english and russian.
3. VERY tasty meals
4. Pas de la Casa is nice town with social life and shopping
5. Handy lockers.
6. Any little things as Bathrobe and slippers, safe...

Disadvantages
-------------------
1. INTERNET- NOT free (1hour=1euro) and VERY SLOW. You can just open regular pages (youtube- forget). They tell that Internet is available in the rooms but it is not true (in our case at least) - we could connect only in the lobbby (our room was on the 1st floor)
2. No refrigeter in the rooms
3. Whoever it is relevant to him - this is impossible to Keeping kosher in this hotel (or partially to keep)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shapiro A
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay at Sporting hotel:

The location is perfect, literally 5 minutes from the slopes and close to just about anything you might need in the city. The hotel offers free lockers with enough room for 2 boards, 2 sets of boots and helmets and gloves. The lockers are heated so it's nice to find the boots dry in the morning! I was surprised to read that there were incidents of theft, as the lockers are magnetically locked with the room key. It's not a big lock anyways so I guess someone could force it open. Still - we had no issues at all.

Rooms are big and clean. I stayed in room 408 which was equipped with a tub which was very welcoming! However, when everybody rushes back at the end of the day, say from 17:00-21:00, the water is lukewarm at best. So you either take a shower early in the morning or finish a bit earlier just to shower... when we walked into the room it was freezing cold, so it took a while for the heating we upp'd to heat the room.
The hotel offers a large Jacuzzi - but the temperature again was not adequate so we only dipped our toes in and decided to take a hot bath instead. Both wet and dry saunas are offered. Didn't try the wet one, but the dry sauna was ok (again, not too hot but it did the work!)
You also get two robes so it's a nice bonus.

Buffet breakfast and dinner - good food, nice selection but nothing to get too excited about. However, the staff is very friendly and service is quick when needed. There are plenty of restaurants you can go to if you so choose.

One huge bonus point for the hotel - they offer a big storage room for your luggage, and attached to it is a shower. So we checked out at 0900, and returned to the hotel at 1600, showered, picked up our bags and headed back. There were no other suitcases in the room so I don't know they make sure that if there's more then one individual using the room, that their luggage is safe.

Parking at the hotel is very expensive - close to 18 euro / day if I remember correctly. We parked at the street and it was much cheaper - you just have to remember to pay on time.

Wifi is not free, and costs 4 euro for a day and 1 euro for an hour. Plenty of places offer free wifi if you're there for coffee, and we just bought one hour and it was enough. If you make sure to log out when you finish you session you can log back in and use the remaining time bought.

All in all - if I come back to this ski resort I'll stay at Sporting hotel!

Room Tip: It's nice to have a room overlooking the slopes, but to my understanding they are smaller, so go for a big room. You're on the slopes all day anyway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Liat G
Reviewed 23 December 2012

This was a snowboard trip and my board was stolen from the ski lockers inside the hotel. The staff and manager were unpleasant to the point of almost accusing me of lying. I lost almost 700 euros (board and bindings) and no one in the hotel looked at least a little bit worried, never tried to help or offered any help.

It's a shame because It wasn't the first time that went to that hotel, the location is nice, the food is so so but good enough. But I will never return to a place where they don't feel responsible for the well-being of their guests.

Room Tip: Take your equipment to your room even if they say that it's forbidden.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Hotel Sporting really surprised me and my 3 friends as we had managed to get a very cheap deal on half board for February half term. The restaurant was usually busy at breakfast and moreso at dinner (probably because it was half term) but the buffet food was never in short supply. Our rooms were very clean and modern, warm, large bathroom with bath, shower, toilet, large sink and giant mirror. The hotel is situated literally around the corner from the ski class meeting area and the bottom of the ski slopes which made life very easy! The hotel has it's own boot room with lockers which do the job, they can get busy straight after the chair lifts have closed when a lot of people return to the hotel. The jacuzzi, steam room and sauna were really lovely and very welcome after a hard day on the slopes! I would definitely recommend this hotel as it is good value, clean, comfortable and the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends