US$88
Hotel Sparre(Porvoo)
US$140
US$128
  • Breakfast included
Ida-Maria Old Town B&B(Porvoo)(Great Value!)
US$99
Porvoo Hostel(Porvoo)(Great Value!)
US$72
Guest House Stranda(Porvoo)(Great Value!)
US$90
Bed and Breakfast Tiinas(Porvoo)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$232
US$286
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscongress buildinghotel groundstiny poolrelaxing weekendmain buildingsteam roomold daysaverage roombreakfast and dinnerone night stayimperial roomwarm water poolsalmonnormal poolthe room was nicebreakfast roomsuperior room
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Haikko manor in Porvoo is a great place for meetings. However, it is also suitable for relaxing spa days. The breakfast buffet is nice. Well equiped gym. I had an opportunity to stay overnight in the old manor building. The room was very charming and nice.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2018

I recently completed a 4 night stay at the Hotel Haikko. This was my first time at the Haikko as I normally stay in downtown Porvoo. But we were with a big group and needed more space. For location, the hotel is located about 10 minute drive from downtown Porvoo. It is in a residential / wooded area, and the grounds of the hotel are very nice. There are some great hiking/walking trails outside of the property and plenty of places to walk on the hotel grounds themselves. there are no restaurants or shops within walking distance of the hotel, so you'll need a car. but I did see some hotel cars/shuttles available to guests, but I didn't use them.
There is plenty of free parking on the hotel grounds. We tried to check in around 1pm our first day, but the rooms weren't ready yet. There was a locker room to store our luggage which was nice. The lobby is small and has some seating areas. Off the lobby is a small gift shop along with some of the hotel spa rooms and services.
My room was on the 4th floor, which is a little strange because you're taking the stairs or elevator down. the lobby is actually the 6th floor. The elevator in the hotel is STRANGE. It is old school where there is no inner door. Its super dangerous but really cool too. My room is really where my problems began. First, the beds are SUPER Small. I was basically given a room with two twin beds and they are both tiny. They can't really be pushed together to create a larger bed. The room itself was small and dark and very HOT. there is no A/C in the rooms, and even with the windows open, there wasn't enough air flow to cool the room off. What makes it worse, is I felt nervous leaving the windows open since the 4th floor is ground level in the back of the hotel. Plus at night you have to close the shades in the summer to keep the light out (which weren't dark enough) and the room became VERY warm. The bathroom in the hotel was very small as well and the shower was tiny. The rooms are not very updated, and while the bed was comfy, the pillows were too soft. It's unfortunate, but I just did not like my room and spent very little time there. The good news is that the wifi worked very good, so at least I could catch up on Netflix shows while trying to sleep.
In the morning the breakfast room was a short walk from the main hotel in the "Manor". I have to say it was packed every morning because the hotel was full. In fact, the long tables they have set up are not very good for such a busy room. The breakfast choices were basic but good. Basically breads, cheeses, cereals, fruits, and some local Finnish breakfast specialties. Nothing outstanding, but overall good.
I did not use any of the spa services at the hotel so I can't comment on them. One other small thing is I purchased two pepsi's from the cooler at the lobby desk and they were 4.50 euro each!!! EXPENSIVE!
Overall, I think my next trip to Porvoo I will stay downtown. this hotel just didn't do enough to make me want to come back!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Haikko Manor provides great atmosphere for a relaxing weekend. Great dinner menus, nice spa and big park to walk and have nice time. Bartender Saku made the best Aperol Spritz drinks seen for a long time.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

To my mind this is a very expensive hotel!
Even tapwater is 4€/litre !
Food is good but pricey also.
Those with good balace I recommend but those folks with limited wealth I do not recommend!
Regular Room in the mansion quite small

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very popular for company retreat, team building events or just for overall conference. It’s located a fair distance (not too far) from the Porvoo town and yet secluded enough to experience nature.

Stayed in this hotel a few times since our company likes to have our corporate events here.

First things first: if you can, stay at the front part of the hotel. This is truly a classic masterpiece with old paintings and a wonderful hotel architecture. The back part of the hotel is just very generically corporate.

The bed is amazingly small if you happen to get the twin room (as its a corporate booking usually the bosses get the best rooms, and we get whatever is left) so if you move a lot when you sleep it might be an issue.

The gym is well equipped and its one of the better gyms I have seen in a hotel. The free weights and machine collection were very good. The spa are sometimes closed on certain times - better check before you come.

I recommend this hotel for team activities, there are a lot to do on the hotel grounds and apparently (I am not too sure as I didnt arrange the activities) you can ask the hotel for help if you are interested in having some activities.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business