“High Class Surprise in Porvoo”
Review of Wanha Laamanni

Wanha Laamanni
Ranked #12 of 71 Restaurants in Porvoo
Price range: US$25 - US$74
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

A pleasant surprise in Porvoo. A bit pricey, but well worth the money. After the sticker shock, place your order and prepare for a feast. We sat under an awning on an unassuming deck while it rained lightly. I started with a mozzarella and tomato salad, followed by an entrée of pork checks, potatoes and vegetables. My travel partners had entrée size cream soups (Salmon and vegetable). The presentation was beautiful and the cream sauce was added to the soup bowl tableside. Can’t get more fresh than that. My pork checks were marinated for 12 hours and melted in my mouth. Everyone at our table agreed it was the best meal of the entire vacation. It was worth the 45 minute drive from Helsinki to Porvoo.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I visited Wanha Laamanni with my friend. It was lunch time on a weekday so there was only few people eating there at the time. That was actually quite nice to have a lunch without too much of a hassle around. Three course meal was 25€. For appetizer there was salad buffet and carrot soup. For main course you could choose either fish or chicken. And for dessert there was coffee and chocolate. Every single course was delicious! I'll definitely come back again!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Fantastic meals with mozzarella, tomato and basil for starter and fish for main course. Absolutely one of the best restaurants in Porvoo, maybe the best.
Great and friendly service, nice atmosphere in the Porvoo Old Town.
Going back there, definitely!

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Porvoo not open yet. Fine dining. Decent prices. Children are welcome and can have half price on the a la carte deals.
My veal was excellent. But was it veal?

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We visited this restaurant three together. We had lamb, fish and a duck and snack of fish and cheese. Hot drink of alcohol was delightful! Everything is very tasty! The bread to a duck simply melted in the mouth! The service rather fast, but we were there nearly alone.