“Enjoyable stay!”

Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Smithville, Missouri
“Enjoyable stay!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Personally I'm not fond of outside entrance lodging but if you're staying in Eureka Springs there aren't a lot of choices. We based our decision to stay at The Lodge on previous Trip Advisor reveiws and we were not disappointed. The property is clean and kept up nicely! The owners were very friendly and helpful. The room was great. Very clean! There were some good sized gaps to the outside around the AC unit as well as the door but we found not a single insect in the room the entire weekend. The bed was VERY comfortable! The bathroom was a bit dated but also very clean and the shower was PERFECT! I've been to many hotels where the water sprays all around you but not down the middle and that was not the case here. The water pressure was great! I hope they don't change those shower heads! My only complaint is since we only stayed for two nights and kept our room neat (I can make my own bed and we hung our towels), I placed the "privacy" sign on our door as we left for the day Saturday as I preferred no one go into our room. We came back later that day to find the sign placed back on the inside and all new towels. While I appreciated the clean towels.. what's the point of the privacy sign if it's just going to be ignored? Other than that it was a wonderful stay and we would definitely choose The Lodge for future visits!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kim D, Owner at The Lodge, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
We so appreciate all of our guests reviews and recommendations.
I was not aware that we did your housekeeping when not requested. I have an excellent staff here at the Lodge but of course a mistake could have been made and we do apologize.
The door tag has privacy please on one side and housekeeping requested on the reverse side.
It has happened before that a Privacy please was out and the guest came to me and asked why her housekeeping was not done. I pointed out she hung out the wrong side. My housekeepers hand their paperwork to me at the end of the day which also tells me who had privacy up ,and housekeeping was not done.
We all respect our guests requests and I thank you for bringing this to our attention and will reiterate to my staff again.

We hope you will revisit the The Lodge in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

The Lodge is a great place to stay. The rooms were clean, quiet and beds were comfortable. With a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot in the room it made our 6 day stay very comfortable. The owners were very courteous, friendly and accommodating. They helped in making event reservations and offering great advice on locale restaurants and sightseeing trips. The price of the rooms were very reasonable and there was ample parking.

• Stayed May 2014
Carbondale, Illinois
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I found The Lodge through Tripadvisor, and I was a little apprehensive booking a place not listed on outineureka.com. Their prices were excellent, and the high reviews won me over, so I booked. Had a two day stay early in the week, and I was really happy with my visit.

Kim, one of the owners, welcomed me with lots of information, recommendations, and maps. Her suggestions were spot on, by the way. The room was nice and comfortable. I really liked having a fridge in the room, and a mircowave was there if needed. I came with a bag of electronics, and I was delighted to have an easily accessible outlet block with 2 usb ports and 3 outlets mounted to the top of the bedside stand. Sweet!

The Lodge has a trolly stop directly in front, so if you're there on a weekend needing the trolley, it's accessible. If you're there earlier in the week like I was, you'll find you're on one of the main drags around Eureka Springs, and you can easily get wherever you want to go by car. Bonus- you're also pretty close to Kells Creek Winery. I checked out the pool, though didn't plan time for a relaxing dip. If you're looking for coffee in the morning, you can make it in your room, or step into the office for some hot Starbucks.

Clean, safe rooms with ample parking and a friendly host met all my needs. On a future visit to Eureka Springs, I think I'll ask for a room in the back, just for the view of the woods, though I didn't really notice much noise being at ground level on the front side.

I saw some other motels advertising lower prices, but they didn't look near as well kept as The Lodge. I found lots of places online advertising much higher prices. I think The Lodge is in a sweet spot balancing amenities and price, and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LHinkle
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Great value. Very quaint and friendly. Locally owned "mom and pop" establishment. Very clean rooms and comfortable beds. Kim is extremely friendly and gave wonderful directions and recommendations as to where to eat and what to see in town. The hotel is very convenient to downtown but far enough it's quiet and peaceful. There is a trolley that can take you downtown if you don't want to fight traffic. You can tell the owners take pride in their establishment as everything was well taken care of! Thank you and this is one hotel we will be back to for sure!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Got a last minute room and was sort of prepared for the worst, considering the price. Was pleasantly surprised! Bed was comfy, room was clean, owners were very nice and you could tell they care, and the back deck overlooks a forested valley. It is a great place when you are going to be out in the town/area most of the day anyway.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back that overlooks a peaceful valley.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cwpmail1
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We loved our first experience at The Lodge! Paul & Kim are so kind and go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable & have a good time in Eureka Springs with lots of tips and advise! Our room was on the backside & I recommend it....so peaceful with squirrel & deer feeding in the wooded area behind the hotel. There is a coffee pot and a small fridge in the room which worked well for us and there are upgrades currently being made to make things even better. This will be out top choice for a hotel any time we return to the area! I highly recommend The Lodge!!

Room Tip: Room 323 on the back is a corner room with King bed. It is closest to the animal feeders if you enj...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Arkansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Good value for the price. Location good. No breakfast. Gave good suggestions as to where to have breakfast. Room was clean. Recommend asking for a room on the back so you won't be looking at the parking lot. Think there would also be less traffic noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the woods instead of the parking lot.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple