“Another Great Stay At Lakeshore Cabins!”

Lake Shore Cabins on Beaver Lake
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband and I have been staying exclusively at Lakeshore Cabins ever since we discovered them a few years ago. We always go down in August and stay in the cabins on the waterfront. All year, we look forward to spending a week on the lake, on the dock, and enjoying the gorgeous view of Beaver Lake from out cabin deck.

This year my husband took us to the Lakeshore's mountain top cabins for a romantic Valentine's weekend. It was amazing! We stayed in cabin #8 which is the newest of the cabins. It was beautiful and the view from the jacuzzi was incredible. We spent Valentine's evening in the tub, drinking champange and looking out over the water. It was by far, the best Valentine's Day ever!
Every morning we went out on the deck and drank coffee and watched the deer walk by the clearing in front of the cabin. Every evening we cuddled by the fire.

I can not say enough nice things about the Lakeshore cabins, the staff, the view, the lake access, etc. In my opinion, there is no other place in the Eureka Springs/Beaver Lake area to stay. And we will certainly never stay anywhere else. After this experience, we will now have to come back every winter for a second stay at our cabin.

Room Tip: Waterfront cabins- Cabin #1 is more private but has the worst view. #2 and #3 have traffic down to t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Rhapsody8000, Owner at Lake Shore Cabins on Beaver Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Hi Kelly & Tim!
I write this response while you are here now at our cabins staying in our BRAND NEW Homestead House! It only took me two years to respond..ugh! David and I thank you and Tim for the many years of support and most of all your friendship! We look forward to your stays every season. Guests like you tend to become close friends and this IS the BEST part of our business...it's why we do what we do...it is so nice to meet such wonderful people who appreciate the beauty of our area! We love you guys and love having you here! Thank you so very much!
Donna & David : )

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We spent one night at Cabin 6 (top of hill) and wished we could stay longer. The view of the lake and surrounding countryside was beautiful. We actually set our alarm to get up for sunrise. Saw a deer with two young ones - got to watch them nursing. Enjoyed the very large jacuzzi tub and the fireplace. Used the outdoor grill and ate on the back deck facing the lake. It was November, but worth eating in jackets just to be outside and see the fall colors. The bed was very comfortable, we slept amazingly well. Enjoyed the rustic cabin decorations. Were glad we took dinner and breakfast with us because once we were there, we didn't want to leave. Highly recommend Cabin 6 since it is the center of the hilltop cabins and affords the best view. The path through the woods to the office and the lake is not well marked from the cabin backyards and we kind of missed it -of course, it would have been easier to see had there not been so many leaves down. It's a pretty walk if you don't mind coming back uphill! Of course, you can always take the road down.

Room Tip: Loved cabin 6 - center of the hill top cabins. Best view!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PeggyH58

Hi Peggy!
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our place! We appreciate it bunches! We hope that you will come back and enjoy the property during the "greener" seasons! It's a whole new experience! We look forward to seeing you again! Thanks much!

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent the weekend here in cabin 4, which has a mountain top view of the lake. Beautiful view! Very well kept and clean. Loved the HUGE Jacuzzi tub. We plan to visit here again next year.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Kathy!
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of our place! We appreciate it much and hope to see you again soon in the near future!

Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

Wow! This place is a must if you enjoy a mountain top cabin with stunning views of mountains & lakes. The Owner's David & Donna left no stone unturned, they thought of everything for our stay in Cabin 8. For those of you who travel here in the winter months and love soups & stews, yes they have a crock pot! They truly have everything you will need!. A 5 star in every way!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank hogfanfromarkansas

Dear Hogfan!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for the two awesome reviews of our place! We LOVE having you here and we appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful feedback! It helps us out more than you know! We look forward to seeing you again! Thanks much!

Reviewed 29 November 2012

This was our first visit to Beaver Lake and to the Lake Shore Cabins. We stayed in Cabin #8 which is a 2 story cabin about 450 feet from the lake. The first thing we noticed about the cabin was how clean and beautiful it was. The second was the Most Breathtaking view of the lake from the upstairs balcony that I have ever seen! The view is even more Beautiful than the website pictures show. Sitting on the balcony in the evenings, looking at the lake and watching the deer eating right in front of you is Spectacular!! We look forward to going back in the very near future.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anita W

Hi Anita!
It is true...it is impossible to capture the view in it's entirety in a photograph! It's just something you have to see with your own eyes! Thank you for your wonderful review and comments of our place! We truly love sharing it with guests like you! Thank you so very much! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 9 October 2012

First and foremost , I must extoll the honesty of the staff at Lake Shore Cabins. I left my Canon 70-200 lens in the cabin when we left. I did not even notice it was gone when we unpacked at home. Then Donna called to let me know they had found my len$ in our cabin. This is a $ 700 lens ! She was kind enough to UPS the lens for us and for that act of honesty and kindness,,,,, I thank you and your staff <3

We spend 4 nights at Lake Shore Cabins over the 4th of July week. Cabin # 2 which is directly off the stairs down to the boat house - beautiful view of the lake at these lower cabins. We were lucky enough to get this cabin due to a cancellation.

I did not know if the cabin was going to be large enough for my two children, 20 & 17 and my wife and I. Cabin #2 had plenty of room ! Donna provided us with a roll away twin so my teenage son had his own bed , which fit nicely in the kitchen / dining area.

We rented a pontoon from Beaver Lake Pontoon. Sharon, who works at Lake Shore Cabins, hooked us up with the pontoon rental. Boat was nice and was good for cruising around the very scenic Beaver Lake. We kept the pontoon for 7 hours on Wednesday and used every hour of our time exploring the lake, jumping off cliffs, swimming and picnicing. It is not a fast pontoon boat so if your looking for speed call Starkey Marina. We rented jet skis from Starkey on Thursday and had an afternoon of fun.

Did the Big Cat Refuge - good , Onyx Cave - good , Cresent Hotel Haunted tour,,, all good.

Ate at almost all the top rated restaurants,,, all were a good experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Mayday Mike O

Hi Mike!
So sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your most kind review! We have been very busy improving our place. We have paved all of our roads, added a new office, gift shop, art gallery, grocery convenience center, new coin laundry, and two NEW incredible units! I am still trying to catch up with important business like responding to our reviews! haha! Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your review. I remember you and your camera lens! Happy you received it back without any damage...even more happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you and your family again soon! : )

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Lake Shore Cabins on Beaver Lake are a collection of eight cabins located a fair drive (15 minutes?) from Eureka Springs over curvy and sometimes steep roads on a quiet peninsula on Beaver Lake. Five cabins are on top of a hill overlooking the lake, while three are at the bottom of the hill yards from the shorelline and near the office, laundry, video library, and wi-fi hotspot.

I can't speak with authority on the hilltop cabins, but our lakeside cabin was split-level, the top level being suitable for couples (as we had), the bottom level available with extra bedrooms for larger families. My first impression on walking into the cabin was "Smells good in here..." and I'm sensitive to strong odors, so I considered that a good sign. In our upper level accomodations, the queen bed, the living area, the kitchen, and the picnic-style dining table shared an L-shaped space that was well arranged and decorated in a fishing cabin theme, and was very comfortable for a couple. Large windows revealed a beautiful view of Beaver Lake only 40? yards away. A decent sized television, dish programming and DVR, a sleepable leather sofa, a cushy leather recliner, a comfy glider chair, and a gas fireplace finished out the living area.

The kitchen included an electric range, fridge/freezer with ice trays, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. I didn't miss having an ice-maker, but a dishwasher is a convenience that I've come to take for granted. An island or prep table could help with the lack of working surface. The refrigerator kept drinks cool but not cold, and its compressor was loud enough to interfere with hearing the television. In every other respect, I found the kitchen well appointed. There wasn't a kitchen tool we needed that we didn't find. For grilling, there is a park-style charcoal grill located near the drive. It's not ideal, but it works.

The bedding was warm and comfortable, which made for great sleeping, especially when combined with the gentle lapping of the lake, the chirping of the crickets, and the cool breeze from the open window. The large bathroom included a single vanity and toilet, a very large jacuzzi tub, and separate shower. Plenty of towels, poor quality toilet paper.

At the shoreline, there is a boathouse (spaces are available for rental) which includes a sun deck and where I'm told very good fishing can be had in the springtime. Wildlife abounds in the area, which requires careful driving, especially in early morning and dusk.

If it sounds like I'm being overly critical, I really don't want to give that impression. This is a very clean, nice, quiet, awesome place, but I tend to notice the things I would improve when a place is this close to perfect. I will be going back. In the springtime. To catch some fish. And sleep well.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank McLoaf

Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for the wonderful and detailed review! It helps us but most of all helps others to decide if we are the right place for them! I am so sorry it has taken me this long to respond but want you to know that we do appreciate you much! We have been very busy making improvements and new additions to our place. We want you to know that all of our cabins now have new refrigerators, new hd tv's, new carpet, .. along with lots of other wonderful updates! All of the cabins have new log cedar furniture, new sofas and recliners. We have paved all of our roads and have built a new office, gift shop, art gallery, small grocery center, coin op laundry and two new beautiful hot tub units! We have considered putting in dishwashers but being in the country you have to consider possible overloading of the septic and such. But...you should know...cabin #8, the lake house, and both of our new units have them! We hope that you will return sometime soon to see! Thank you so very much!
Donna & David : )