“TYPICAL SOUTHERN ROADSIDE DINER”
Review of Roadhouse Restaurant - CLOSED

Roadhouse Restaurant
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Description: Located in the middle of the most popular ride spots in the Ozarks. The Roadhouse in Eureka Springs, Arkansas has become The place hang your helmet. Stop by, relax and let our friendly staff make you feel right at home. Serving breakfast until 2pm (for you late sleepers)lunch and dinner .We have a large menu including, Omlets, Eggs Benedict, The best burgers voted by the guy across the street, sandwiches, steaks,seafood and BBQ. Just one mile east of Passion Play Road.
Arkansas
“TYPICAL SOUTHERN ROADSIDE DINER”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I ate lunch and breakfast with my fiancé at this restaurant on a recent trip to ES. This restaurant provides typical roadside dining found in many small rural Arkansas towns. We began our lunch with an order of fried mushrooms (knuckleheads) and even though they were the standard frozen, purchase anywhere variety, they were an excellent choice with my cold beer in a frosty mug. For our entrées my fiancé ordered the daily special of meat loaf and I ordered the grilled chicken salad. Both dishes were very tasty. We decided to re-visit this restaurant for breakfast on our way out of town, and ordered the breakfast special of eggs/bacon/toast. The meal also came with grits and the toast could be substituted for gravy and biscuit. The food was a little greasy, but this is typical of breakfast food in the South. We will probably visit this restaurant again because it provides fast, friendly service, and if you need directions to local attractions, the staff is very knowledgeable.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank traveljunkieArkansas

Eureka Springs, Arkansas
“Pathetic”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We were a group of four locals who eat here about 1 or 2 times a month. Not because it is any good mind you, it is just that this place is open on Sunday afternoon when the GOOD restaurants are closed.

A person named Dana seated us, took our drink orders then spent the rest of the evening talking to two of her friends across the dining room. A few ice teas took well over fifteen minutes to arrive. Three of the meals we ordered came with salads. Two salads arrived fifteen minutes later, one without dressing. "Dana" told us that the chef was to blame and that he was out of salad or dressing or something. Just be sure, nothing is her responsibility.

When the missing salad and dressings finally arrived, the meals all came piling out too. So now we get to eat cold food that will sit and congeal as as we eat our salads. Not me. I sent my meal back so I can eat my salad correctly. The "waitress" called me an [--] right to my face and told me "don't eat any of it, I don't care." When I asked her name, she replied "The other server is Sarah." When pressed for her name, she said it was Dana. She made a great show of telling a new group of diners that our table were all [--], as well. She also said she was the owner. Later she told one of our group that she lied when she said she owned this dump. So, a liar AND incompetent to carry a plate across the room. Worst of all is the food here is weak, weak, weak. All frozen Ben E. Keith burger joint greasy spoon.

These four locals will never, never, never visit this dump ever again.

1 Thank Buddy B
GLCK, Manager at Roadhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
We are very sorry you had a bad experience at Roadhouse when you were here. We are the Old owners who sold in 2012 and have taken the restaurant back over on January 1st 2014. We have gone back to the quality and service we were known for in the past. PLease ive us another try.. Again I'm sorry and thank you.
Dallas, Texas
“Slow Service”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I showed up about 3:00 PM on a Sunday. There was one other couple in the restaurant. I was greeted by a very young girl (<14) who was playing with younger girl. She said that she would seat me and brought me a menu.

After about 10 minutes, she was playing and came running by my table. Once she saw me, she stopped in her tracks, turned around, and yelled to someone in the back that she had seated a customer.

A couple of minutes later the waitress arrived. I thought it was strange that no adults knew I was in the restaurant for at least 10 minutes. Service from this point on was good.

The waitress recommended the BBQ. The BBQ was dry and tough. After finishing my meal I went to the register to pay. I had to flag someone down to get the cashier.

I'm sure that if I had arrived during a busy period I would not have gone unnoticed for so long.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank RickDParker
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
“Worst service ever”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Sunday evening, not busy, but still took ten minutes to serve drinks. The salads didn't appear until the main dishes arrived, and when we asked about this, were told by the waitress, "Well, you don't have to eat it!" When informed that we were going to complain on Trip Adviser dot com, she added, "Go to [--] dot com; your pictures will be there.

Worst service I've ever had in my life. Would not recommend this joint!

Rogers, Arkansas, United States
“Service”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Worst service by far of my entire life. Was seated. Dana took our drink order then proceeded to
attend the cash register for several minutes...we reminded her of our drinks. Finally got them (3 ice teas and a beer). Ordered four entrees...3 came with a salad. After 10 minutes, reminded her about the salads. Brought two (with the wrong dressings) and said we would have to wait on the 3rd one. In the meantime, our meals came. Now out friend did get upset that his meal arrive the same time as the salad and ask that it be taken back to which Dana told him " fine.. don't eat any of it." Then, the 3rd salad showed up---with NO dressing. Was just to worried about attending the cash resister. Now mind you there were only 4 other people in the entire place. Finally, got the salad dressing. Told us that she was 48 years old and that she knew exactly what she was doing and was so much wise. Told us she was going to write about us on the a##hole customer.com site. Well, at this point we all just had to laugh. Of course, blamed every mishap on the kitchen staff. Ask Dana if she owned the place to which she replies "no I don't own this dam$ place". Sorry for the folks that do and have such a rude employee. As I went to pay the bill she advised me not to leave her a dam$ tip to which I replied that I wasn't. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER darken their door again. A wait staff that is rude and cusses at you...no Thanks. To many other good places in town to eat at.

4 Thank Mary W