“Another Awesome Stay”

Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Midwest City
“Another Awesome Stay”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Once again Chris made us feel like old friends coming to visit. We stayed over the Memorial Day weekend which came a bit earlier this year, and Chris bent over backwards to make sure the pool was open on time so our kids could swim, even if the water was still freezing cold (kids don't care about cold water). Our rooms were clean and cozy and we very much enjoyed our stay.

For those folks giving negative feedback, realize that the Matterhorn Towers is not the Ritz Carlton. If you want first-class accommodations with full amenities, you will pay for them. The Matterhorn is for those travelers that want clean, cozy budget priced lodging with a family atmosphere and a welcoming staff !!!

The McCloud Family

Room Tip: There are several rooms in nooks and crannies that offer alot of privacy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank James M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 10 May 2014

When we showed up there was an envelope taped to the office door. After searching we finally found our room. There was a dead spider on the ceiling and mud on the carpet near the air conditioner. We had along trip ahead of us the next day and when we kept loading up our car I peered into the office and no lights. I don't know how we were supposed to get breakfast that they advertised. Also I went the day we got there and the next day and no ice in the ice machine so it was obviously broken. I left a message on the answering machine and left the key in the room. I have left a message on their machine to confirm reservations but they never did call me. I feel like this a run down place where the owner spends a few hours there maybe.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KansasKelli
John Christophe... M, Owner at Eureka Matterhorn Towers, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Good Morning,
The best way to respond to any review is to thank you for your response and do my best to correct our fallacies. I am very sorry that you had a negative experience with our establishment. Being an intimate property there are those rare occasions that our staff is taking care of a guest in need. Hence, the reason the key was placed at the door whilst tending to those needs. We do have a national contract for pests, our ice machines are brand new and working well and employees and management do reside on the property. (On duty 24/7) We do have an internal phone system but there is no record of a call from your room with any needs. I did get a call from your phone but no return number was offered.
I can see that we failed on a good personal greeting and that created further frustrations. Through thousands of guests per year and less than 1 negative response per year I can assure you that if ever given the chance at redemption my staff and myself can do it. Please accept our apologies and an invitation "gratis" to prove our hospitality.
Rogers
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Not only is the staff incredibly personable, but the vibe at the Matterhorn Towers Hotel is what keeps bringing us back. Quaint and well kept, I always sleep soundly here. With quality rooms and very affordable rates, I would recommend this hotel to the spontaneous overnighter, to the weekend warrior.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Chadithan
St. Thomas
Reviewed 16 April 2014

awesome little spot in the heart of the Ozarks. I didn't know if I was in Switzerland Glacier park or the Ozarks! The site on the top floor with its own private elevator equals any suite ive ever stayed in. The oceam room downstairs with its own jaquzzi reminded me of being in the islands. Nice southern hospitality definitely makes me want to go back!

Room Tip: the suite or the ocean room!
Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Claremore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Thank you Chris and staff for all that you did for us on this special weekend. I would highly recommend The Staff Excellent, quality excellent, and the list goes on, the staff at this hotel goes above and beyond all expectations you could ask for, we will definitely stay at this hotel every time we visit Eureka Springs. Thanks a million The Edens Eric and Deana

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed in the Penthouse here with friends. It is amazing. Comfortable, homey, clean. Great owner who provides anything one needs. Great location across from the Trolley Stop.
Pleanty of parking. . . . gorgeous setting. Extremely quiet even though it is right on Hwy 62. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Really, ask for the penthouse, even if traveling alone., It's soooooo nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This was such a nice place to stay. We stayed two nights with our dog and the room was great, the service was great and the location was perfect. I would just like to tell the owners how nice it is to find someplace so wonderful that is pet friendly. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to Eureka Springs.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple