“Zen in the Ozarks”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Retreat at Sky Ridge
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I traveled from Oklahoma City to get away from it all. This peaceful property is truly a place of natural beauty and tranquility. I stayed in cabin #2, which is just up from the ponds. There's nothing more relaxing than starting your morning sitting on the porch with a cup of coffee listening to the frogs and birds sing their songs. THE BEST spot to unwind from the busy grind of life back home. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Lynn T

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have always wanted to stay in a cabin for Christmas. This was the perfect place. My boyfried and my dog and I set off for Retreat at Sky Ridge. The cabin is what I would like for a home!! Beautifully decorated and so warm and welcoming. The views were fantastic. My little dog was welcomed with gifts already placed in the cabin. So many little touches like that which made my stay so fantastic. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful including the man who delivered a new load of wood to my doorstep each day for the fireplace. I got a tour of the town, directions to anywhere I wanted to go, and even the personal attention to help me cross an item off my bucket list! I intend to be back this summer and was looking to check reservations just now.

Room Tip: The "fitness center" is walking the land, meeting the resident horse Yonkie, checking out...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Yestagoodkin
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The location was awesome, but roads were very rough for our vehicle. Pot holes everywhere. The staff is very loud and outgoing, the pans, silverware, and rugs will need an update soon. The cabin had so much stuff in it, it was kind of overwhelming. It was an OK place to stay

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank babyblueAR
innnaturehosp, Owner at Retreat at Sky Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2015

We apologize for your unsatisfactory experience. We do our best to make every guest happy and be outgoing and friendly in welcoming guests - we see that as a positive. Our decor is somewhat different from a hotel "look" and each cabin is unique. Everyone has different taste. We do have gravel roads and following heavy rains and storms our 2 miles of road sometimes requires maintenance - which we take care of as soon as weather conditions allow - we are a cabin resort away from the traffic and noise on the paved roads. We update cabin amenities as needed, we would have taken care of any issues given the opportunity to do so during your stay.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I just returned from a weekend getaway from Sky Ridge. We couldn't have asked for a more peaceful place to go. The cabin was wonderful and they even accepted our 2 poodles and had a gift bag waiting for them. The cabin had everything we needed. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that it was the same place we got married at on the porch at cabin #6 at sunset 23 years ago (it had been run by different owners then). We plan to go back in the fall and in two years renew our vows at the same cabin for our 25th wedding anniversary!!!
By far this was the best trip we have had since our wedding and they were great to us.
We highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to have a quiet and pleasant place for a vacation.
Thanks Sky Ridge we will see you Very Soon!!!
Beverly and Steve

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Beverly C
Reviewed 26 May 2014

What a wonderful place to stay! Completely peaceful surrounded in nature, close to great hiking, and just a short drive away from the historic district. My husband and I stayed in cabin 10 and it was part of our perfect vacation! We were able to see all sorts of hawks from our cabin and ended up seeing a herd of dear from our window as well! The huge spa tub was perfect after a day of amazing hiking on the numerous trails close by. We had so much fun! We even got snowed in one day of our stay which made the fireplace come in handy. This cabin was the perfect get away from the busy fast-pace lifestyle. This is a perfect place for couples or families. The full kitchen is awesome as well and can cut down food expense. If you don't feel like cooking Anglers is the perfect place to go for the best burger of your life! The staff here is amazing and helpful as well without being intrusive at all. We had a blast and will definitely be back to do some more adventuring! Wonderful place to stay and a wonderful trip overall.

Room Tip: cabin 10 is the perfect "couples" cabin with a view that can't be beat. overall cabin...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LauraSurp
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

The cabin itself was nice inside and it was in a secluded area about 10-15 mins drive from town. We were only there to sleep. The pictures on the website don't accurately show what you get. The pond is down by the office and not a "view" from the cabins. You definitely need flea and tick protection for pets. Ours is on k9advantik and she still had a few ticks on her even though the medicine killed them. The cabin is nice inside although I would suggest your own towels they smelled of smoke and bring some extra blankets, theres only a sheet and thin cover on the bed. We had problems with bumble bees guarding the path to the door of our cabin also. The bad part is we aren't smokers and our cabin wreaked of smoke. When you get there they have all the lights on and a candle burning, you don't smell it that much but by the next day all your stuff has a tainted smoke smell. The staff was nice there's two women who run it. The weird thing was our cabin had one of them in it while we were gone and it was obvious by stronger smoke smell and a few things moved. They didn't clean a single thing though and didn't make the bed...so housekeeping is not to suspect. I didn't appreciate that! It felt like they wanted to look through our things or something?! I would go back but I think there are other options and still close to town. If everything is booked we will return. They left dog treats for our pup and do have a decent property. There's so many dead leaves off the roads it is not desirable to walk through you will get ticks within seconds!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Surfermeg777

We NEVER enter cabins while occupied - NEVER. We do not clean our cabins while they are occupied except by special request - this is standard for cabin rentals. We do have an occasional guest who does not adhere to our non-smoking policy plus every cabin has a wood burning fireplace. We try to be specific in our descriptions and clearly state the views at each cabin. We apologize that you had an unsatisfactory experience - we are in the office daily and would have responded to any issues during your stay if you had given us the opportunity to make it right.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

If you are looking for a great pet friendly get away, this is it. From the quiet and beautiful valley location to the comfortable and well appointed cabins there is nothing my wife and two dogs didn't love about this place.

The cabins are a good size for 2-4 people with a kitchenette (including pots, pans, dishes. etc.), a nice bath, and a TV for videos only (they have a fantastic free video library including many new releases). Our cabin #8 had a heat pump for heat and air but some have window air conditioners.

The location is great for visiting the local dam and parks as well as downtown Eureka Springs. One consideration if you are driving a sports car or the like is that the resort is on a dirt road.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family