“Great time at the Dinner Bell”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Dinner Bell Ranch and Resort
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My daughter and two granddaughters came to visit over spring break and we booked a ride at the Dinner Bell. It was a great experience for all of us, the owner, Geralyn, introduced us to the horses we would be riding and explained the proper way to handle each one of the horses. The ride was amazing going up through the mountain, the views were awesome and it was so peaceful and relaxing. We were lucky enough to have the last ride of the day so we stayed to watch the horses being unsaddled and released into the field.....watching them roll and play was so fun, almost as fun as the actual ride...lol...this is something on our list as a must do when in Eureka Springs

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Dinner Bell Ranch and Resort

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed her for the weekend. We stayed in one of the cabins. Cabins are clean and very spacious. The bed is HUGE and you could probably fit a full family in there. Same goes for the jacuzzi bath in the main bedroom. Sitting out on the deck in the evening and early morning was beautiful. So peaceful and felt like we were a million miles away from civilisation, even though we were just outside Eureka Springs. We included the hours horse ride on the saturday morning and this was beautiful. Such lovely people and the scenery is spectacular. This really is a great place for anyone, couples, friends or families. The breakfast we had half way through our ride was very yummy and quite unexpected and the setting is perfect. After our ride we went to The Kings River and dropped our loungers in the river and pretty much did nothing for 5 hours. The whole experience was perfect and I fully recommend not only the horse riding, but staying for the weekend. I know I didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank realtraceface
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We just returned from the Dinner Bell Ranch today and had a wonderful horse ride. We chose the lunch ride and first were saddled up by Rex with instructions before we started the ride up the mountain. This is a very scenic trip to the top of the mountain seeing deer and smelling the wonder mountain air. The ride was very relazing and the horses were very well-mannered and gentle. Once we reached the top of the mountain a nice prepared meal was awaiting for us. We had the opportunity to get to know the owners and were able to ask questions. After eating our meal and taking pictures we started the journey back down the mountain back to the stable.

The owners went out of their way to prepare a nice meal and take many nice photos. We thank them and had a wonderful experience we will never forget.

You may find a nicer stable but you will never find nicer people that took care of our every need and were very knowledgeable and caring for their horses and made it very enjoyable for us!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rose T
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I have ridden at the Dinner Bell. I think that they have been in the business for 17+ years.
The trail ride leaves historic Winona valley (Google “Wynona School, 72632) up a winding trail past bluffs and through a bald knob and back into the forest again. On top of the ridge great inspiring vistas are in many directions if you look for them. The scenery is always changing with the seasons that is why we go back year after year. Deer, Rabbit, Squirrel, Fox, Hawk, Eagle, turtle and Snakes are just some of the nature you might see if you just look and listen. After riding for a while on the ridge top wagon trail you’re led past camp then back to the valley below via some fun switch backs.
I recommend the Dinner Bell Ranch because of how safe they are. You dont feel like your at a Rodeo with a bunch of show offs.
I have watched several 5 year olds go from tears of anxiety to tears of joy and confidence do to the quality horses and skill and knowledge of the owner. They are wonderful people with wonderful horses.
We feel we are safe and well cared for at the Dinner Bell Ranch. I think you will be too.

I hope my review helps you to be informed properly.

Room Tip: The Europen cabin is my pick. Try a breakfast ride... a stop at camp for the best home made food a...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 2bFairN4real
Reviewed 13 November 2011

After a search online we found a website for this location and I emailed about the availability of rides the coming weekend. After 4 days without a response I ended up calling and was told by a friendly gentleman that they only have dial-up so if you have questions I wouldn't suggest email. I also wouldn't suggest gps to get you there as well. Ours was way off, but luckily there are signs along the way alerting you to how much farther you must travel and then a large sign over the entrance to the ranch. We made our reservation for 11am and arrived that day about 15mins early. We were greeted by some friendly dogs and then the owner. She told us it was $30/person despite the website saying $25 and when I asked she told me they just hadn't updated it yet. Since there isn't a lobby or structure to wait in we had to just sit stand around outside. This wouldn't have been a big deal if we had left for our ride at 11am but we didn't end up leaving until closer to noon. They basically decided to take the people in the noon ride and move us in with them. If they had called us (since I gave them my telephone number) we could have just arrived around noon like the other 4 individuals instead of having to wait for an hour outside when it was windy and cool. That would have been nice. Overall the owner really didn't seem to care too much about hospitality. One of the women in our group was in Eureka visiting her mom and basically the owner only talked to her the whole time. This guest also asked to use the restroom and the owner actually hesitated before finally saying sure you can use the one in my house. Overall the owner just didn't seem interested in having us out there and I felt like I was more intruding than being a paying customer.
Having never rode a horse before it would have also have been nice to receive some instructions first. Luckily my horse was well trained and I was just basically along for the ride. My poor wife who is 50lbs lighter than me and 7 inches shorter was given a horse just as big as mine though, which didn't make for a comfortable ride for her. The location was nice and the horses all had great dispositions but I just feel like the service was lacking. No one likes wasting time on their vacation, prices being raised on them last minute (regardless of the amount), or feeling like an inconvenience when they are actually a paying customer.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple