“Great Boutique Winery”
Review of Keels Creek Winery

Keels Creek Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: Keels Creek is a boutique winery focused on producing sophisticated wines with grapes sourced from vineyards in the Ozark Mountains. Come in and taste our locally made, award winning wines.
Reviewed 25 August 2014

While my husband and I were staying in Branson we decided to go on a road trip to Keels Creek Winery in Eureka Springs. We did a wine tasting with Debra who was so knowledgable about wines. We told her the kind of wines we preferred and some of the information we had learned in previous wine tasting experiences and in our wine club. She was able to break it down into words and explanations that made sense to us. She was alot of fun and we really did enjoy the time we spent with Debra. Then we met Dr. Doug Hausler (the brains behind the winemaking) and again we spent alot of time in conversation about wine and his experiences in other countries. We purchased six bottles of wine, took pictures and felt very good about our road trip experience. If you enjoy wine and the uniqueness of boutique wines, you will love visiting Keels Creek Winery.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My wife and I like wine but have never done a "wine tasting." Keels Creek allowed us to try multiple wines catered to our tastes, explained each in depth, and we even left with a bottle of our favorite and 2 glasses. If you're in Eureka Springs, you should definitely go here!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My guy and I spent a wonderful week in April tasting the wines of the foothills of California so I was very interested to see how Arkansas wines would compare. In California, you pay for every wine tasting you go to so I was also interested to see the difference in how the wineries are ran. Keels Creek also cost to have a tasting, but here you get to keep an etched glass as a souvenir.
As I thought, the variety of grapes were not known to me. The server was very knowledgeable and many times explained a comparison when I inquired. I have to say, their wines, even those described as “sweet” were definitely not to my liking, but my guy loves red wines and found many of their reds to be delicious. I did find one of the light ports to be very nice but then convinced myself that I would like the “richer” tawny port; the “Big C”.
I was not happy with my choice but that was my decision and not the fault of the winery.

1  Thank Kathie C
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I went to Eureka Springs for a girls weekend with my mom and sister. We did a wine tasting at Keels Creek Winery on a Sunday afternoon. This was my sister's first wine tasting, so we had a lot of fun. The gentleman who did our tasting was very knowledgeable and very interesting to talk to. the wines were very good. We chose to do the $5 small glass tasting, and tasted 6 wines. They showcase local artists artwork, which was interesting to look at. I saw several pieces I liked. Very enjoyable!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Enjoyed looking at all the local artwork - from pottery to paintings, etc. (Many other shops had "Made in China" items.) We were greeted as we entered and the gentleman was very knowledgeable on the artists and artwork.
The service for a tasting lacked as, even though they had 3 tasting bars, only one person was serving. (It didn't help that the 4 people already at the tasting bar seemed to be requesting enough "tastes" to actually be drinking instead of just tasting.)
The gentleman that greeted us finally set up a second tasting for us after about 15 minutes.
All wines are made from local grapes and most were drier wines. If you prefer sweeter wine, what they considered sweet....really wasn't.

1  Thank BearLovers