“Wondeful stay”

Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Wondeful stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

Kisum the front desk person was warm,welcoming, and treated us like long lost, loved family members. She was kind enough to show us the room prior to me purchasing it. The room was SUPER clean. I think maybe the cleanest I've stayed in. The view out of room 200 was just wonderful. The pool was sparkling clean, albeit COLD! We were offered pool towels. You will need to ask for shampoo.The breakfast is not much. But you won't go hungry. We will be back!

Room Tip: Try to get the back of the hotel for the view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ihavethepower

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Caulksville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

I would rank this establishment very high on a scale of 1-10 compared to many many motels I've stayed in Eureka Springs. Best maintained place I've seen. No shoddy repair jobs. Very impressive!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank ozark56hillbilly
Lawrence, KS.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed at the Eureka Springs Travel Lodge over the weekend in early May in one of their rooms with a hot tub to celebrate my birthday and me and my girls anniversary. The hot tube had a leaking drain. The room was located on the back side of the Hotel near the swimming pool which was so dirty we only joked about getting in. We wouldn't have dared nor did we see anybody else in the two days we were there. The decks were in disrepair and I actually saw tiny red chiggers crawling on the railings which got me off the decks and inside immediately. I wouldn't have dared to sit down on them or stayed on them any length of time.The rooms were plastered with notes, one about rough towel use? It felt very low class but I wasn't there for the room, I came to enjoy Eureka Springs for the 1st time. Parking was never a problem as the place was never very busy. I always got the same parking space. I guess there were reasons why this was the case. I never asked for anything special and barely ever saw anybody. Checking out took some time as it took a while to get the manager to the office. Someone was there paying cash which it turns out I wish I would have done. i had booked and paid with a credit card. Nothing was ever said about it but the rooms had no smoking signs on the door. I never thought much about it as all hotels do. About a week after returning home I checked my account to make sure all the charges from the weekend in Eureka Springs were correct and found the Hotel had placed an additional 50.00 extra charge on my account 3 days after I had returned home. I called them up and talked to the Manager, the same Mexican woman who I had seen there when I checked in and out and she insisted I had smoked in the room and that was what the charge was for. I denied it and she referred to some conversation we were supposed to have had that we never had and refused to credit my card back the 50.00. i figured they must make a lot of extra money doing this. I called and filed a complaint with Travel lodge who said I had to give the manager 3 days and try and resolve the matter with her first and that disputing the charge with my bank would just delay any refund. So I called her and again tried to reason with her but she called me a number one liar and white trash.
I suggest you all read the reviews closely in the future as i will from now on and avoid the Travel Lodge in Eureka Springs with a vengeance. Do not use your credit card to book or be ready for this 50.00 charge and the rudest of service. Upon hearing how the manager of the Travel Lodge was handling the complaint customer service agreed to waive the 3 day period and said someone would be contacting me shortly but I have yet to hear from anybody. After the 3 days I will file a dispute with my bank. I can't imagine anyone to allow this type of a charge made against my account to stand. I better be right. I had never had a problem with any other Travel Lodge prior to this one but this visit could very well steer me clear of any Travel Lodge in the future. When I get back to Eureka Springs I will be surprised if they have much business at all but I suppose when everybody else books up and there is nothing else available people have very little choice and not knowing what awaits them isn't going to help them much. I paid over a hundred dollars for each night but felt like I had taken my girl to a very cheap hotel. This was the worst experience, service and stay at a Hotel ever. Eureka Springs was a cool place to visit and i will return but Beware of Eureka Springs Travel Lodge! Dis-satisfied Kansan.

Room Tip: Choose someplace else
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

4 Thank Ken T
Tulsa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Would recommend to anyone! VERY CLEAN rooms! Wonderful management! Incredibly accomodating! Will stay there every time we visit Eureka Springs!

Room Tip: Stay in the King room with Jacuzzi
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

BELIEVE the reviews about the manager. I hoped for the best after reading online reviews. However I had booked through Hotwire "surprise" route and was locked in once I booked. When I arrived about 1 in the afternoon no one was there. Had to push the intercom button to get someone to come to the office.
When she saw that I booked through Hotwire I was actually lectured about it. Told it was no good to do that and I should book through her direct. She makes no money that way. WHAT? Then don't put it on Hotwire then. She asked me what I paid when she found out I only paid around $45 she was really upset.
I was then given keys that didn't work and was told rudely that i probably put them with my cell phone and that why they didn't work. (I have worked in a hotel with these keys and have never heard this) She then proceeded to very rudely tell my husband, when she brought us new keys,there was no smoking in the room. I'm guessing because she saw him smoke outside when we arrived. By the way the rooms do still smell like stale smoke despite being non smoking.
When we arrived back at the hotel in the evening there was no parking at all. We had to park in a non space in front of a dumpster at the opposite side of the hotel. My husband is disabled and had to walk the length of the hotel and upstairs. There was absolutely no handicapped parking to be found. How is that legal?
There are a lot of places in Eureka Springs that I'm sure will not lecture me and make me feel unwelcome.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CiaraMarie01
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

Kisum, the manager made this one of the best experiences I have had while traveling in a long time. She was very attentive to the needs and wants of her Customers, she was always helpful and very cheerful. She made the stay so very pleasant... I just can not say enough.
Also, there was coffee, cereal, bagels, organge juice, muffins... everything needed for a very relaxing morning out on the deck. The rooms were clean, fresh smelling, and very accomodating through her excellent customer service. She should be commended for her outstanding meeting and exceeding our expectations.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second level to the back are right off the deck which overlooks the wooded area
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

I was there for 1 or 2 nights, 2 years ago, to enjoy the fall folliage in Eureka Springs. I stayed at this Travelodge and was very suprised to see that this place is very clean. On the back, there's a wooden balcony (no roof) where you can sit back and relax and from there, you can look at the beautiful scenaries (pine trees, etc) which might be on the back of other neighbor inn/hotels too ? The staff was friendly. The breakfast has bagels which was enough for a very decent price (~40 to 50 ?). Overall, very excellent place to stay, much cheaper than in the downtown of Eureka Springs and it is close by to the downtown. Only 1 connecting room which is connected to another room and one of those room has the logan main bear character decoration which the kids love it.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for the decorated connected room (if you go for 2 rooms) which has a picture o...
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled with family