“Terrible Experience...Would not Recommend!!!!”

The Inn at Rose Hall Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 69 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
oklahoma
“Terrible Experience...Would not Recommend!!!!”
Reviewed 22 October 2007

I am amazed at the good reviews of this place. The owner/inn keeper/wedding officiant is the most wretched person I have ever met! For primarily offering wedding services, I was amazed at how rude and cold the owner/inn keeper/wedding officiant, Zoie was to my mother and her fiance. My mother and her fiance got married here a little less than a year ago and it was the worst experience for them and everyone who attended the ceremony. We were not allowed to enter the premises until up to the five minutes before the wedding because they were churning out another ceremony. (It was as though we were at some cheap vegas hotel and forced to wait in line for our turn.) My mother was hoping to have a quaint and lovely romantic experience, but it was far from. When we accidentally entered the Inn 15 minutes prior to my mothers ceremony, we were kicked out and forced to change clothes in our car. The ceremony that was being conducted prior to my mothers was running late, so were were not permitted to enter and my mother and her fiance were confined to their room and not permitted to leave. Even though the couple had already finished and was simply taking pictures outside and we were no where near them and in no way of endangering their special day. When my mother approached zoie (the wretched inn keeper/officiant) she was completely rude and un-appologetic. My mother went ahead with the ceremony, but was still upset and the tension was thick. After the ceremony, my mom wound up checking out because she was uncomfortable staying in such close quarters with Zoie. (The Inn is hardly an inn, but more like a house and very creepy and awkward). My mother was charged for her full stay and not reimbursed for her inconvienance nor for the 4 days that she had already paid for but did not stay there. Bottom Line....this place is about making $$$. Once they have your $$$, they dont care if you are pleased. Apparently they dont want care about repeat business or good reviews!!! I could not believe that they completely ruined what should have been a beautiful day for my mom and her fiance. I pray that you will look around as you deserve better.

• Liked — Honestly,,,nothing!!!
  • Disliked — The staff and owner were completely deplorable
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank slglenn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Memphis
Reviewed 9 July 2007

My husband and I just returned from a lovely weekend trip to the Ozarks. We stayed at The Inn at Rose Hall in Eureka Springs-- this B&B is fantastic. The service was incredible, the rooms were so quaint and lovely, food delicious and the innkeeper is a delightful person. Every aspect of our visit was just perfect. We can't wait to return again soon.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank LchMemphis
Oklahoma
Reviewed 5 June 2007

My wife and I just returned from a weekend get away to Eureka, which we do once or twice a year. We found the Inn at Rose Hall to be one of the nicest and cleanest B&Bs in Eureka. The food was pretty good and the service was great. The innkeeper and staff seem to pay close attention to detail. We had a great time and would recommend it to others!
Patrick & Patty - Tulsa, Oklahoma

• Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
Heavener, OK
Reviewed 4 June 2007

This is a beautiful, first-rate bed and breakfast! We have stayed at lots of B&B's and this is one of the very nicest in the way of comfort, privacy and romance! We stayed in the Grand Tiffany room. It was spotlessly clean and lushly furnished. The bed was huge and so comfortable with extremely soft sheets and lots of fluffy pillows. There were homemade truffles by the bed and little ammenities such as cotton balls, q-tips, make-up towelettes in the bathroom and the most fabulous lavender scented soap I've ever used (I bought 4 cakes of it before I left!). There's a video collection and a collection of books in the hallway for guests to use. The breakfasts were gracious and yummy! There is a pantry on the first floor where you can help yourself to homemade goodies, pretzels, coffee, tea, etc. at any time. Zoie was very knowlegeable about the area and was full of ideas for fun things to do. We had a wonderful visit and will definitely be back! (See photo of a happy me by one of the stained glass windows in our room).
Robin & Greg Johnston
Heavener, OK

• Liked — The comfy bed, the huge jacuzzi tub, the little ammenities
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nittlechikens
Broken Arrow, OK
Reviewed 28 May 2007

I chose one of the wedding packages that the Inn has to offer, and I wasn't disappointed in the least. Zoie, the innkeeper, made everything stress free and perfect to the last detail. The ceremony was preformed outside in the garden area, and it couldn't have been more beautiful. The food was amazing, our room was beautiful as well as comfortable, and the Inn over all is a very peaceful, restful place. I know that my new husband and I will be going back for our one year aniversary.

• Liked — The quality of people who ran the Inn
  • Disliked — I enjoyed everything
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hollybrry
Kansas City
Reviewed 13 May 2007

My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary by staying at the Inn at Rose Hall. We had a great time. The room was beautiful and the breakfast was yummy. Zoie was very hospitable and had great recommendations for resturants and other activities. I would definitely recommend this to others.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NicoleKansasCity
Kansas City
Reviewed 7 May 2007

My daughter’s wedding and honeymoon at the Inn at Rose Hall was everything we had hoped for and more. Having worked at a Fortune 500 company, marketing to the hospitality industry, I have stayed in many 5 star hotels. The comparison to the Inn at Rose Hall is very favorable. The rooms were clean and tastefully decorated with fine linens and antique furnishings. The house and gardens were absolutely lovely, providing us innumerable “Kodak Moments.” Even the woman that processed my photographs asked me; “Where was this wedding – it’s beautiful?” I was very happy to tell her about the Inn at Rose Hall.

The arrangements, all made long distance from Kansas City, were done by phone and were amazingly easy considering all of the details and decisions that go into even a small wedding. We were given plenty of time for the bride to get ready in her room and left to our own after the wedding and cake service to take many, many spectacular pictures in the garden, the outdoor chapel and on the large veranda for groups.

The staff at the Inn were so helpful and kind, the amenities top notch, the food truly special and the stress and hassles that typically go with wedding planning so m inimal that I would recommend the Inn at Rose Hall for anyone wanting a small wedding done right.

• Liked — The Staff and the lovely setting.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family