“home base for Eureka & Opera”

The Inn at Rose Hall Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 68 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The Opera of the Ozarks is a great experience, upcoming talent for incredible prices. We enjoy the Met but Eureka Springs has a noteworthy innocent beauty. The problem has been where to stay. In many ways time has passed by Eureka, many properties are way beyond anything resembling acceptable. The Inn at Rose Hall makes going to the opera a better experience, she makes going to Eureka a better experience. Nothing is open after the opera, perhaps MacDonalds if you rush, nothing is really open. Rose Hall provides a treat and would likely offer more if we had asked. The ambience of the Inn reminds us of being at home with beautiful gardens and fine furnishings. But a nice physical plant without the right host is a travesty. Rose Hall does it all quite well and properly, wonderful staff whose wish is to make your stay special. This spring we stayed at the Essex House for the Met, it was a nice experience. Rose Hall was more fun.

Room Tip: Choose a room with stained glass windows, wonderful when you wake up in the mornings
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edward M

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I love B&B's, but they're a mixed bag. This place is the gold standard. From my first contact with the innkeeper, to the moment we headed home, this was stay was pitch perfect.

When I looked at their website during the planning stage, I knew I'd found something good. I was traveling with a friend, so I was happy to find someplace where we could share a room, but not a bed. The Treasures Room has a queen bed with a twin tucked into a corner - just what we needed. I confess, I was a little flaky this trip. At first, my friend's son was going to travel with us, then he wasn't. Then we decided to stay an extra day. Zoe and Rita handled all the changes with aplomb.

The Inn is convenient to everything, but not in the middle of the craziness. It's a little tricky to get to, but Zoe's directions took us right to the front door. The curb appeal is nice, but when you open the front door, you find paradise. The color palette is warm and restful. The decor speaks to Victorian, but answers to comfort. Everything was pristine and of the highest quality. Very clean, no clutter and so very friendly.

Rita took us back to the kitchen to transact the business where some of their famous cookies waited for us. Rita and Zoe were quite interested in what we were going to do during our stay and when they found out we'd be visiting Crystal Bridges, they offered us a DVD to watch that introduced the museum.

Our room was perfect. The upholstery and linens were top notch. Big wing back chairs cozened up to the fireplace. Fluffy white terry robes waited in the amoire. The twin bed is tucked back in a nook, so it's not in the way. The bathroom is modern and large. A very inviting room. We had plenty of room to unpack for our three day stay and to tuck our luggage out of the way. Dragging our luggage up the beautiful wooden staircase was a bit of a challenge, but the stairwell looks so good, it's a small price to pay.

Breakfast the first morning was a dream - Strawberry Crepes. As we ate, Zoe made her way around the room, offering directions to wherever you were headed, reviewing the local restaurants and steering you away from any mistakes you might have included in your itinerary. She's a perfect hostess.

The second morning we had a Mexican Egg Casserole. I don't usually do eggs, but for something eggy, it was good. The third morning was some kind of apple pastry something. Again, very good, in spite of the fact that I don't generally eat apples, especially baked ones. I just pushed the apples to the side and ate the gooey pastry with relish. Don't come down to breakfast if you're on a diet!

Zoe and Rita oversee a gorgeous property, but the best part is them. Rita takes extraordinary care to see that you're comfortable and Zoe keeps your vacation on track. When they found out we were going to the Passion Play, they urged us to take the blanket in the amoire, in case it got cold. That's not your run of the mill inn keeping. You can trust their recommendations. I tend to be suspicious, but before the trip was over we learned that Rita and Zoe would steer you right.

Eureka Springs is one of my favorite little towns, but it had been a while since I visited. Now I know I'll be coming back with greater frequency, just so I can stay with Zoe. Here's the best news. If B&B is not exactly your thing, her daughter runs the Peabody House, a historic hotel and together Zoe and her daughter manage a collection of cabins throughout Eureka Springs and around Lake Lucerne. No matter what kind of accommodations you'd like to have in Eureka Springs, they can take care of you.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for the Memorial Day weekend. We were in town for a wedding and it was also our anniversary. This was our first B&B experience and we absolutely loved it! The place was lovely and our room was so cozy and comfortable. I loved getting to visit with Rita every day and seeing Zoie in the mornings at breakfast time. These ladies are just lovely and are definitely what make this place so fabulous! Oh and breakfast! Can you say YUMMMY!! This was truly the best vacation we have every taken in our 5 years together and the best nights sleep I've had in a long time. I woke every morning feeling rested and refreshed. We will definitely be returning to this fabulous Inn! If you are going to be in Eureka Springs you MUST stay at the Inn at Rose Hall.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gigglingbird
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Using Trip Advisor panned out on this stay. Rita made our stay comfortable, even getting an oil filled heater for my cold-natured mama! The room was large and sunny, very pretty. The pictures don't do it justice. The cookies every afternoon were simply scrumptious too. I like my afternoon tea, and when Rita noticed, she brought out the electric kettle for me. I very much enjoyed just sitting in the porch in early mornings with my coffee and the afternoons were pleasant out there as well. Breakfasts were flavorful and full of protein with large portions. The beds and bedding were very comfortable and we slept well. Zoie made excellent recommendations for restaurants and we had great lunches at the tea room and Mud Street cafe. Also, we would have missed the olive oil and vinegar tasting room where I bought a ton of stuff without her info. This was a good value and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cremeens
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My husband and I spent a wonderful weekend in Eureka Springs at the Inn at Rose Hall for our first wedding anniversary! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay - great food, high-end amenities, caring hostesses - and our time in the lovely town of Eureka Springs! We found plenty of things to do and will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: We stayed in Treasures!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Our first visit to Eureka Springs was a wonderful experience, in part, and thanks to our stay at the Inn at Rose Hall B&B. Upon arriving, we were greated by a friendly host, offered wine, and home made cookies baked that day. This was followed by a relaxing tour of the house and our individual room. The house is beautiful and in sync with the Historic Victorian town, yet offers all the amenities of modern day comforts needed for an enjoyable stay. Both hosts/owners were extremely helpful regarding where to dine and equipped us with a very detailed map of the area with highlighted sites worth checking out. The Inn is in an ideal location, a short walk will take you to one of the main historic streets where all the shops of your choice are located. We made the most of our short trip thanks to the superior hospitality and the helpful information provided by the owners about Eureka Springs and surrounding area. We will definitely return upon our next visit and stay at the Inn at Rose Hall.
From the Gibson's

Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Scott G
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We went for two days and it was great. The breakfasts were creative and very tasty. Rita knew everything you'd need to know especially for first timers. She was very friendly and accommodating. We stayed in the Gallery Room and it was great. Close to town and the attractions and convenient to get to. Rooms were peaceful and cozy. Weather it's the fireplace or opening windows for a nice breeze the rooms are very comfortable. Even it we'd stayed in tents just to have Rita's breakfast was worth it!!

Room Tip: The Gallery Room is great but there's 2 steps between the batroom and the bed that could be a tr...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple