“Great Mistake”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Eureka Springs
The New Orleans Hotel
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Branson, Missouri
“Great Mistake”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We booked reservations at Basin and they didn't have it. We went looking for another hotel. This one is right on the main street. We got a room over looking the main area of Eureka Springs, with a outdoor exit right by are room. It has wide screen TV's, red velvet couch and a huge bathroom in our rooms, robes included. The staff was great and friendly. The breakfast was fresh and a mus if you didn't have breakfast plans. The room as clean and had great charm.

Room Tip: no elevator. Rooms on the front overlook main street.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Angmun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Usa, Japan
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Our recent stay at the New Orleans was well worth the money. The Hotel is historic but not outdated. The room was up to date and very comfy. I wish I had the bathtub our room had in my home. It was heaven. With the hotel being downtown, we were concerned about parking but were very pleased to find that they do indeed have valet parking and the valet was very nice and helpful. The gentleman that checked us in was very pleasant as well and very knowledgeable about where to eat and shop. The only complaint I would say I have is about the older gentleman that works the late evening shift. His voice is very loud and carries. We were enjoying the balcony before going in for the evening and wasn't surprised to hear someone talking loudly and using foul language on the street that late at night due to the bars closing, however I was surprised to discover it was a hotel employee. I won't go into what we heard but it was highly inappropriate and we returned to our room for the night. It won't stop us from staying at the New Orleans in the future, however, I doubt I will take advantage of the balcony next time.

I would give five stars for all categories, however, with the issue concerning the balcony, I feel the service lacked as this gentleman should have been more professional and been aware of his surroundings regardless of the time of day or night.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra for the full suite. It is well worth the money.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LooLoo1950
Reviewed 15 January 2012

This was absolutely the best value for location in ES. I have stayed in ES before,but this was my 1st time at the New Orleans. We always stay downtown, and this was perfect. It is old-timey southern, but the rooms are wonderfully up to date. The staff is second to none, and the continental breakfast was very high quality, not your run of the mill donuts. We won't stay anywhere else! The staff was awesome! Thanks New Orleans Hotel for making the 1st day of 2012 great!

• Stayed January 2012
5 Thank Rockford20
The South
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My wife and I had our second stay at this great hotel over the New Year's holiday weekend. First, let me say, our reservation had been pushed out from November due to a family scheduling issue, and never did they try to cancel us. Instead, they worked very hard to help us find an opening for a visit.

This hotel is 120 years old (or so), so it has much character...it's one of our favorite features of the place. Well, that and the luxurious accommodations. We chose the jacuzzi suite again, and again, we weren't disappointed. Not only is the room entirely up-to-date, but it is such an oasis.

Many thanks to the staff for helping to make our weekend a true getaway!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suite!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kevster28
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 9 November 2011

this hotel is a five star all the way around. service is over the top. love the staff. the bellhop was probably my fav. will return many times!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank patea s
Mid South
Reviewed 6 November 2011

My husband and I had never been to Eureka before and booked a room at The New Orleans based on recommendations from this website. We loved it! Yes, it's an old building but that's part of what's neat about Eureka. The hotel was clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable, and it's one of the best locations in town. The staff is wonderful too, so helpful and friendly. They gave us recommendations on where to eat, where to go to watch the Hogs play, etc, and everywhere they sent us was great. If you've got a question, ask them! They really love their town and want you to enjoy it as well. My husband and I enjoyed our little weekend getaway to Eureka Springs, and we will definitely stay at The New Orleans again.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank mkem1234
OKLAHOMA
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Hubby and I visit Eureka Springs twice a year when we can get away.
Because we waited so long to make a reservation, the only room left
was a king bed option with a jacuzzi. Mind you, we're usually thrifty people,
so the luxury of a jacuzzi was not our style. After pacing Eureka Springs
and putting quite a few miles on our feet, we quickly changed our minds.
Since returning from our trip, my husband insists we install one of our own.

We've stayed in many hotels in and around Eureka, so after hearing several
other visitors speak of their experience at the New Orleans, we thought it was
our turn to try.

The room was clean and inviting, and the bed, oh my gosh, it was huge
with so many pillows. Complimentary bathrobes, giant bath towels, so nice
to have luxuries we aren't used to in our daily lives. Television, microwave,
coffee pot with cups, coffee and the works, complimentary drinks in the refrigerator.
Comfy and cozy.

So, what are the downfalls, you ask? Only because you asked. Since the parking lot is small, cars are parked one in front of the other. You will need to leave a key with the front desk, enabling them to move your car in case another guest would like to use their vehicle. Not an issue during our stay, but worth a mention, as you cannot simply walk to your car and leave unless you are parked in the back row.

Elevator. There isn't one, though the hotel employees will haul your bags if needed. A gentle reminder, these folks drag your heavy, over-stuffed luggage up and down the stairs all day. Plenty of stairs. Be nice to them. Tip. And try dragging a few bags up a few flights yourself. It will quickly show you how out of shape you may be.

I could be mistaken, but if I remember correctly, we were in room 114. The sleeping was great other than the fact that we were apparently just above a cocktail lounge where people tend to hang out on the outside of the establishment until the wee hours. Not a problem if one is partaking, but a bit annoying to wake to the echoes of laughter and drunken cackling. But hey, this isn't a sleep resort. It's Eureka Springs!

We won't even address the few minor issues of wall blemishes and such. The hotel is old. You are not staying at a 2011 model, which would explain the toilet flushing issues, which were quickly resolved.

So there you have it. If you want to indulge just a bit, this is your place. We'll be back!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple