“Carnivore's delight”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 November 2013

In spite of many prior trips to Eureka Springs, and numerous recommendations, we had never made the time to try this restaurant. All of the hype was accurate - this place serves great steak (I had the filet) and the 3 others in our group all had the primerib. We were told to ask for either of the Brent's as a server and we did. Brent did a fantastic job - even found us a great bottle of wine! The cozy interior was welcome on an unseasonably cold evening. Do not miss this place!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My wife and I spent the week-end in Eureka Springs on 11/8 - 11/10/2013. We had a couple of good meals, but the prime rib (house specialty) at Gaskins Cabin Steakhouse was absolutely over-the-top. We travel quite a bit and love to find and experience good restaurants. This was the best prime rib we've ever had, bar none! It's reason enough for us to take the 5 1/2 hour trip fron Memphis, it's that good. The owners & hosts, Bert & Lisa, only added to the dining experience. My Cost Per Person rating below ( $$$$ ) is based on the fact that we had a couple of cocktails before dinner and a good bottle of wine with dinner. I would think you could have a meal there and save a few bucks from our meal. This is the first time I've ever felt compelled to review anything online. We're fans!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Our last night in Eureka and it was a toss up as to Gaskins Cabin Steakhouse (recommended by our hotel waitress and her husband a Eureka Springs Police Detective) or another restaurant on Hwy. 23 just south of Eureka. Both had interesting menu's but based on tripadvisor and the local recommendations we chose Gaskins. We found the restaurant to be everything they said it would be and more. The service was excellent and the food was cooked to perfection just the way we like it and the portions were large. If hungry for a perfect steak or prime rib this is the place you need to visit.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My wife and I recently went to this little gem for our five year anniversary dinner. We found it online and thought if the food is half as appetizing as it looks on its website, it would be a place to remember. I'm glad to report that we were not disappointed. We were greeted and walked to our table by the owner of the restaurant, Bert Jones. I told him that I heard this place was just as good as Ruth Chris, and he replied "I hope you aren't too hard on Ruth Chris after tonight." At this point we were thinking this guy is talking a big game, but once we got our food... Holy Crap, this place is the real deal. My wife had the New York Strip with Fettuccine Alfredo. I took a bite of both and it was probably the best flavor steak I have ever eaten, and who knew that a little steakhouse could make such great pasta! I had the Prime Rib, which was amazing, and we finished our evening off with the best Pumpkin Cheesecake you could imagine eating. If you are in Eureka Springs and looking for some good eats, make a little extra effort and head north of town about three miles and stop at Gaskins Cabin Steakhouse. Great Food, Great Atmosphere, Great Hosts!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Had great service and a great steak. One of the best ribeye steaks I have ever had! Totally recommend.