“Perfect if you want to get away from everyone and everything” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bear Mountain Log Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bear Mountain Log Cabins
Chongqing
“Perfect if you want to get away from everyone and everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

I actually looked up the cabins because I was feeling nostalgic. I went here about a few years ago with my (now) husband after we'd finished up a really stressful, local musical production. We brought the dog down, stayed at the Shaylene and basically holed up for a long weekend. We were able to go into town during the day, visit some parks, go canoeing and then stay in during evening to barbecue and do absolutely nothing. Awesome. I live in China now (have for 5+ years), and I've traveled all over the world. Despite this, I'm as fond of these cabins as anything 'exotic.' The next time I go home, I'm definitely renting a car and making the 6 hour drive down to the cabins.

Room Tip: Shaylene was the way to go. The balcony looked out into the woods and we felt like the last two peop...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mcjulie78

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sugartown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

We spent our honeymoon here and it was wonderful! Cabin is rather secluded, spacious, gorgeous and just all around amazing. The back porch is amazing as is the view from the proch! We even got to see a gray fox! It was much more than my new husband and I were expecting! Also just a few miles from Beaver Lake. Hope to be able to go back and spend our anniversaries there! I thought the service was great as were all the amenities. Would definitley recommend for a romantic getaway! D&D Garrison

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KeniaG
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2010

We stayed in the "cozy" cabin for 4 days. Authentic cabin with wonderful front porch and swing and added screened in large back porch with ample seating. The owners, Pat and George, are amazing people, extremely friendly with great sense of humor! They are very hospitable and the cabin reflected a great attention to even the smallest of details. We watched the deer come up from the woods every morning and evening to feed, great scenery for us city folk. The appliances all worked great including ample hot water for the 2 person jacuzzi tub. Pictures on their website don't reflect how nice this place really is, much more spacious than depicted. We didn't want to leave and can't wait to come back!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank marcandtraci_opks
Saint Joseph, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

I just had to comment on my short but unpleasant experience with this place. At the time, I was not using Tripadvisor, but now since I find it so helpful, I try to write reviews about places I stay/deal with.
My husb and I were supposed to stay at these cabins last December. I had made the reservation 1 1/2 months in advance. At that time, when I called, the lady I spoke with was rude and acted put out to even take my reservation over the phone. I let it go, thinking maybe she was having a bad day. Well, about three weeks prior to our arrival, I had to push our arrival date back by one week. I called to make the change and was treated so poorly by this same lady that I actually ended up cancelling the reservation. While I didn't stay here, I would certainly caution people as she seemed pretty hostile and uninterested. To this day, I would not stay here if it was the last place available in Eureka Springs. Also, she seemed to take pleasure in informing me that my credit card would still be charged $25.00 for cancelling. I can understand that most places charge a cancellation charge but usually if one cancels as early as three weeks, there is no charge. Not sure if this is their policy or if she just did it to be spiteful. Again, will never stay here.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank RN2009
Springfield, MO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

If you want a good nights sleep, bring your own sheets! While the cabin had a great view out of the screened porch out back, and the inside was attractive with all wood (pine & a lot of cedar) the sheets were actually rough with pilling (balls of fuzz, like on a well worn sweater). We ended up turning them inside out to get to sleep the first night, then we drove 10 miles to the supercenter in berryville to buy some sheets so we could get a good nights sleep. The firewood was not replaced after the first night as well. For $189.00 a night, I expected better service and linens!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 417Hiker
Plano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2009

Man, my black butt and my friends went up to this log cabin place in Eureka Springs on our motorcycles for the Bikers Blues & BBQ rally and had a blast. They even had a radio playing music in the cabin when we got there. I love "It's a small word", but the song scares me. What a great bunch if people. Oh yea, we got to ride their horses to- I promise that wasn't us that robbed the bank in town that weekend-. I am planning on bringing the whole fraternity up for our Alpha Phi Alpha 10 year reunion. Thanks y'all.
V-Diddy

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank flexvince
dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2009

We have stayed at Bear Mountain on multiple occasions starting in 2005 & lastly 2 months ago in 2009.
I was surprised to see the negative reviews & can only say that some people are never happy. We have referred many friends there & always had positive returns.
As to the location to the main road, there was NO noise in our cabins. We have stayed in other “more secluded” areas & been stuck on the gravel/dirt roads. We were close enough to the main road to get in & out easily without any disturbance to our vacation. There was no overgrowth or junk but remember you are in the woods. This is not a manicured golf course. Beautiful visas abound in all of the cabins we have stayed in.
The price was comparable to other locations not including Motel 6 & a real value when you consider all of the amenities. Soft, fresh towels, a Jacuzzi tub to soak it all away, a fireplace & wood with starters to get it all going! The sofa/futon is more comfortable than my own & the kitchen is stocked with all imaginable accessories. The breakfast in the fridge was a perfect way to get the day going without having to jump up & head out to a restaurant.
As with all satellite dishes ours went out once in a storm & George was happy & quick to rectify the situation. The whole 10 minutes without it was not significant since watching TV is NOT why we came to this beautiful location!
Pat was always available with venue/restaurant suggestion, directions & even coupons only available by staying with Bear Mountain.

Love it there & will be back. We feel like part of the family!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple