“Horrible!”
Review of Stonegate Lodge

Stonegate Lodge
Ranked #32 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed 22 December 2012

We were mislead by the looks on the internet. Upon arriving we walked into an absolutely disgusting room, there was hair all over the bathroom and beds. We asked for a refund and were originally told that we would only have to pay 25 dollars since we had already checked in, and were told we would have to pay 60. The lady belittled us and yelled at us. This hotel owes us 60 bucks. Absolutely horrible!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Megan-Fielder
anemone400, Front Office Manager at Stonegate Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Thank you for your review. It is nothing wrong with hotel's rooms. Our cancellation policy is 48 hours and after that the customer will be charged for the hotel room.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

My husband and I were guests at the Stonegate Inn Oct19-21,2012. Our room was minimally clean. The breakfast consisted of Walmart snack cakes and coffee. The earliest you could get coffee was 7:30am which being an early riser I consider late.. The breakfast area was one table with 4 chairs and was situated in the lobby filled with 100's of stuffed cats. I asked the proprietor how often she had to dust all the cats and she said in 7 years she had never had to do so since she kept the floor clean and that if you kept the floor clean dust never collected on the cats! Really?

My last morning I walked up 3 flights of stairs to the office. It was still dark.and the stairwells were un-lit which made me feel uncomfortable as well as somewhat unsafe. When I entered the office I suggested to the owner/husband that he might like to turn on the lights to make it safer. He replied that the system was on a timer and that since season was almost over there was no reason to change it and asked why people had to always complain so much. I said that he might have a problem if someone fell or was attacked in the dark. He again said there was too much complaining. I replied that it would seem that he would want to take care of his guests. He kept complaining about complainers and when put up my hand to signal I had heard enough, he told me to just take my coffee and go to my room!

Yikes, could he have been more rude? I might add I am a 67 year old woman and do feel my request was not out of line. His behavior was!

Jacie Minick

Room Tip: . Some people will like it,others won't..I' say Here's a tip....choose somewhere else to...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank zummer
anemone400, Manager at Stonegate Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thank you for your review. Our Continental breakfast is served from 7.30 Am to 10.00 Am, we have a big sign about this outside by the door. Continental breakfast included coffee or tea and pastries.Pastries need to be individually wrapped. We are living on the Ozark Mountains area and we have no bakeries here, all stores are miles away. It is not so many chances than the big cities have.Our cat collection has been only 2 years and they need to dusted every week. Our lightsystem is on the timer and it goes on and off by the sunset and sunrise. We try to make all customers happy, but still is complainers.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Observations about Stonegate Inn:

1. Clean, fresh smelling sheets
2. Clean, new, fresh smelling towels/washcloths
3. Friendly owners
4. Check out is 10:00 a.m.
5. plenty of hot water and pressure good
6. cats in the office. If you are allergic, steer clear as the cat smell is "strong", especially when the heat is on.
7. Very friendly large dog with an owner (male) who likes to walk him/her on a leash to interact/greet customers. If you fear dogs, or are allergic to them, steer clear as the dog likes to "sniff" you everywhere.
8. The soft drinks are "help yourself" for $1 in the office refrig, and snacks are also kept in the office for purchase
9. Owners make sure, if you have a front room, that you also have frontside parking space
10. Like most hotels in Eureka the rooms show wear and tear
11. There was no hair dryer in our room
12. Refrig/microwave in our room, but the refrig did not cool very well even after adjusting control.
13. Bathroom was clean, especially under the commode lid where I always check
14. Only toiletries in room are bath/basin
15. Llimited plug ins
16. One only room key
17. Heat/cool worked perfectly as it was 80 degrees when I arrived and two days later 31 degrees
18. Rates were approx $100 per night which included tax

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Me and a large group of friends reserved rooms for the blues, bikes, and bbq weekend this year. Unfortunatley my friend lost his life Thursday, most of us cancelled our rooms but they needed 48 hours notice. So canceling our rooms on Thurs. before checkin would leave Sat. that we would'nt have to pay for. But instead they charged all of us for the whole weekend and still rented out the rooms. To me that is bad business no compassion and then double dipping on the rooms and still charged my late friend for his room!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Michael R
anemone400, Manager at Stonegate Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Thank you for your review. The cancellation policy of a group reservation is one week for a whole group. Individual customers for 48 hours. Hotel never got any report or any official statement of the incident. This group had reservation for 3 days at the hotel. Hotel got only a lot of cancellation phone calls very late on the arrival day and nasty, treatening phone calls weeks later.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

My husband and I decided at the last minute to go to Eureka Springs for the Labor Day weekend. We found this motel online and booked it. It is an older place but very clean. The owners (and their dog) are very friendly. The cleaning staff was very helpful and offered fresh towels even though we did not have them clean the room. The shower was great, good pressure and temperature. The beds were hard, but we are used to our feather bed. The second night we slept better.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda D
Reviewed 6 September 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed three nights. Owners were friendly and so were most of the guests. The hotel was clean inside and out. What I liked best was that most of the rooms had a table with chairs on the outside. The hotel is also located close to the main tourist district.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family