“Very deceived!”

Ranked #33 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Tulsa
“Very deceived!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband and 2 boys booked a room to stay at Stonegate Motel in the beginning of August for a couple days vacation before school started. I had to use my CC to "book" the room and when we arrived a few days later, my husband went in the office on site and paid the (female owner) in cash for our room for 2 night stay. We thought no more about it.....while we were there, our room's air conditioner unit was leaking water/moisture all over the floor/carpet. We even didn't bother the owner with changing out rooms. She offered but we told her we'd just hang in and deal with it. After a couple of weeks, my CC was debited 65.00! I called her immediately and she remembered us as I am in a wheelchair and a double amputee. When I addressed the issue of my CC being debited, she got all excited and kept saying "she didn't do it!" I told her I would reverse those charges as they were paid in cash. I even tried to explain to her that "she" took my CC # to hold the reservation! Then a month after that charge was disputed, I rec'd notice that they rec'd documentation that the charge was valid!!! The only thing they would have gotten was my CC# for the reservation......but I never signed anything!!! Now I have to dispute with her again. They seemed nice to us while we were there, but they do not want to do the right thing with showing we paid in cash when we arrived for the 2 days which we paid 130.00 total! The bogus charge of 65.00 is only one night's charge....but we stayed for 2. They are trying to get an additional 65.00 from us! I would not recommend staying there....pay the additional few dollars and stay in a well known hotel.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Dona P
anemone400, Manager at Stonegate Inn, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for your review. We do not steal from anybody, we only charged, what they need to pay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Prairie Village, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

"Stayed" over labor day weekend. Left after the first night because of bed bugs crawling all over the carpet and bedspreads. The owners blamed us for bringing the bugs into their motel. Charged us for three nights, despite only staying one night, because of their "cancellation" policy, which they never could provide a copy to us. We left and cut our losses with them. Please be warned. Do not, under any circumstances give these people your money or credit card number, as they will refuse any refund once you discover how disguting their motel is. Stay in a tent. Sleep under a highway overpass. Find a park bench. Anything would be better.

The owner will now come in to defend their attrocious motel and their despicable actions towards us and that's fine. Just be warned about them. I have nothing to gain or lose by you listening to me. They do. Look at their responses to other people's complaints. They always blame it on their guests and never own up to a single problem. That should tell you something right there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Eric B
anemone400, Manager at Stonegate Inn, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for your review. Stonegate Inn is family owned and very clean hotel. We do everything to satisfied our customers and to make people happy. We have policies to go by. Our families have been in hotel business over 50 years. These people, who wrote this review should pay all the problems and expenses, what they created to us. They are good people, but they visited or stop somewhere on the road and brought the bugs to the hotel, because in this room we never has had any bugs before them.

Travellers are raving about these Eureka Springs hotels

FAYETTEVILLE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great place for the $$$$. Very clean with very comfortable beds. Very solid built and VERY quiet right in the middle of everything. Will stay again every time I am in the area. Hot tub is super nice and CLEAN.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Great place. Great people. Hot tub was excellent. Room rate was great. Glad we were around back so our bikes could be by our door. Everything was clean and neat. We highly recommend this place. Not owned by a bunch of people who don't speak English.

• Stayed September 2013
Emporia.Ks
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Dirty. The refrigerator, the beds sheets were dirty, room was very dusty and I was most displeased.

Management was alsovery un professional.

The office even smelled bad which really should have sent us down the road.

That sums it up. Even though they were full, it had to be folks who did not realize what that they were getting into

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Flyfishkansas
anemone400, Manager at Stonegate Inn, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Thank you for your review. When these customers checked in their room , the room was clean and they were happy. After 3 hours later lady came from the room and yelling, that it is dirty and dusty. We went to see , she has put a ketchup and a dirt herself to the floor and to the sheets, because they were eating at the room. Their rooms took 2 hours to clean for housekeeping.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We decided to come back with a couple of our friends as we had went in cold months and wanted to come back and try out the area in warmer months. The staff was still just as they was before kind and caring yet could really crack a joke and tell us some stories about the area. Thunder had really grown alot she was so beautiful and was so much fun playing with her. Boom boom was so sweet he seems to watch over the place as if he knows who is there. we enjoyed seeing alot of sites in the area and so many trees and flowers of all kinds in bloom. Our rooms was clean and the staff cleaned them the all 4 days that we stayed . we had the adjoining rooms upstairs this time and could sit out on the long breezeway and see alot of the area. Such a beautiful place and we already told the owners we will be coming there every year and we want our same rooms back. they are very much accomodating and helpful.the pool was so refreshing and we even watched as some of the other people played darts and there was even a game of cards going on seems like everyone is really layed back as they called it . So much fun. Cant wait for next year and got to see the deer and ground hog and took some great photos.

Room Tip: if you have more than 4 people in your party ask for an adjoining room as you can be sure to be clos...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Cabot, Arkansas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

When I bought the express deal on Priceline then read the reviews- I was nervous.
-The room we had was clean. As matter of fact the mattress still had the plastic cover on it.
-The room was quiet and the A/C looked new and worked GREAT.
-Wifi nor the cell phones worked in the hotel. If you stepped outside they would work though.
-Eureka Springs is full of quaint outdoor hotels. Most of them are 2 stars. If you want 3 star stay in Fayetteville or Rogers..
-The place wasn't bad but, I wouldn't reserve a hotel online- I would just come to town and pick based on your needs.

Room Tip: We stayed on the backside. It was nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple