“Second stay def NOT as good as first :(”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was our second stay here in 2 yrs & this time I was a little disappointed. The pool & hot tub were extremely dirty. We had a room on the first floor & the tub backed up when taking a shower. We had four people in our room & it took us a little over 2 1/2 hrs for everyone to shower. The water pressure was also very low. When we said something to the lady at the desk she just said its been like that for awhile. The room was clean & beds were comfortable. I def was NOT impressed. All in all the motel next door is cheaper & nicer I'd recommend staying(if vacancy) there instead of paying $73.14 for a room here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 June 2014

this was our second time staying here and were once again pleased and enjoyed our stay. tv did go out but desk staff (Patty i think was her name) had a new tv hooked up and running with-in minutes. she was also very very nice and helpful with local sites to see and directions. free breakfast was very adequate, only wish they offered decaf coffee as well regular. pool area very nice and hot tub felt great after a long day of sight seeing. room was very nice and nicely appointed. beds and pillows very comfortable. will stay again when in area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here just one night. We all so needed the rest. My mom and aunt had just arrived from VA the day before. The room was clean, old school tube tv, hair dryer, mini fridge and iron. Bed and pillows were comfortable. That night was so frustrating! We had room 210 right in front of the balcony/deck think. There was about 10 very intoxicated people out there. It was lit and had tables and chairs so they stayed out there until around 12:30. I had been sick all day and all I wanted to do was sleep. My mom asked them to "take it down a few notches" they weren't yelling anymore but they were still 10 ft away from the door being drunk. Now I know what kind of cereal they all like and their worst hangover experience :) At first I thought it was cool that we were right in front of that balcony because we could eat breakfast out there and stuff. They really should turn the lights off, block it off or ask people if they mind people outside their door. If you are trying to get any real rest do not get rooms 209-210! If you plan on staying up and drinking well then these are quite possibly the most perfect rooms for you. The lady at the desk was a sweetheart. Breakfast included, 2 cereals, waffle maker, bagels, juice, fruit and coffee. I would stay here again, that particular situation was undesirable...I was already grumpy and sick. Overall a nice place.

Room Tip: Rooms 209-210 are directly in front of an outdoor patio hangout area that stays lit all night. Not f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I own a restaurant just down the road and booked a room for three nights during Springtime in the Ozarks for an out of town friend. When we checked in Chris and Howard were very welcoming, friendly and professional. The room was newly remodeled and very comfortable and clean. My friend who stayed there enjoyed it very much and really enjoyed the jacuzzi. I recommend this hotel to all my friends and family who come to Eureka Springs.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel during a snow storm in December 2013. The staff was friendly and very knowledgeable. The room was very clean and looked as if it had recently been updated. The mattress was firm and comfortable and the staff was nice enough to give me extra pillows. The price for the quality of this hotel was superb. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CafeAmore
Reviewed 21 November 2013

They went out of their way to help us out, after another hotel had lost our reservation. Even cut us a deal on the last two rooms they had. Super clean, newly remodeled. I will stay there next time. The staff helped with restaurant recommendations and how to get around town.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Patsyann46
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We payed $104. for a Sat. night. Based on the reviews mostly being good & it was a weekend night we thought it would be ok. This place is way over priced. It is in need of serious updating.
The carpet was so stained and gross we never took off our shoes. The bedding seemed like it had been washed but had stains on it. We slept in our clothes. That being said the staff was very nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandd d
Dakoda B, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

As a General manager it is imperative that I directly respond to any review that is so completely in contrast to the overwhelmingly higher percentage of reviews that we receive to the contrary. I was shocked to read this review for exactly that reason, we so very seldom receive anything like it. We pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our rooms, and we believe our housekeeping staff to be of the highest quality. I only wish that you had informed us of these concerns in person, I would have immediately corrected any problems that you believed were wrong with your room. I cannot imagine how this could have happened, it's so far from the feedback we receive from our valued guests, but since reading this review, the owner and I have personally done a thorough quality check on each room and had any room, no matter how small the number, that was even slightly questionable, deep cleaned including having professional carpet cleaners in to take care of even the possibility of this problem repeating itself. Please accept my deepest apologies that you had an unpleasant experience, and I would love the opportunity to have you back and prove to you that this was a once in a million failing on our part, and thus give us a chance to earn your business back. Also, thank you for rating our customer service so highly, that is another point that we pride ourselves on.