“Peaceful Place to Stay”

Sherwood Court Inn
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Peaceful Place to Stay”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

What a peaceful place to stay. Brian & Lil are really nice people. Made our stay really enjoyable. We will stay with them again when we visit Eureka Springs. The cabins are really charming. Close to town, but far enough away to really get some quiet time.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed there in Aug 2012 and still talk about! The owners are delightful, the rooms clean, the whole place is so friendly and charming, and very reasonably priced. The landscaping and gardens are wonderful, lots of artistry and little things to look at. And then there's the little old lady box turtle who comes for continental breakfast every morning (photo). Can't say enough about it, a very special place.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank John P
Clover, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed at this property with my parents and grandfather on an impromptu trip to ES last week and it was a darling little cottage with everything we needed! It's easy to find, clean, and Bryan and Lil were easy for my Mom to work with in regards to accommodating my grandfather's needs. The room was a bit "cozy" for four adults but since the addition of my body was a last minute change of plans we made it work. I plan on staying here when I return with my husband and kids and recommend it to others!

Room Tip: Each cottage has it's own personality so check the website for pics and descriptions, we used th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BeccaAir
Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed in one of the regular rooms in October, 2013. It was roomy, comfortable, CLEAN, had a refrigerator, microwave... all the necessities. I believe there was also an ironing board and iron, but I did not need them. I did not get to meet Bryan, but Lil was one of the most pleasant innkeepers I ever met. I emailed in advance to ask where I could swim in a heated indoor pool and Bryan responded within minutes with directions. The hot water was a little slow getting to me, but it was definitely worth the wait. The only regret I have is not having my husband with me. He would have enjoyed the beautiful scenery and relaxing atmosphere. I plan to be back next year.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Renee' L
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay at Sherwood Courts. The owners Bryan and Lil were down to earth and like staying with friends. They kept our rooms clean, fire pit ready (with amazing 1 match start) and were good company at breakfast. Our kids loved the Turtle and the gold touch lamp in their own private room. We have no complaints, great location and hospitality.

• Stayed October 2013
Liberty, Missouri
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Clean, comfy, cozy, charming and great owners/innkeepers! This place is simplicity at it's best! All the important factors are here. Cleanliness, hospitality, cozy atmosphere, quaint, beautiful gardens. When we weren't on the go sightseeing and shopping, sitting outside visiting with the owners was like sitting in a home,y flower filled backyard visiting with friends,

Room Tip: Although it was just my husband and I traveling we prefer the rooms with two queen size beds because...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Staying at Sherwood Court was almost like staying with friends. Bryan & Lil made me feel so welcomed and at home right down to the homemade chocolate chip cookies upon arrival. I love the nostalgic feeling of the 50s and the whole property was in pristine condition for being 60 years old. The grounds are lovely. I particularly enjoyed the porch swing under the arbor in the green belt behind the cottages. If you like high-rise luxury hotels, this won't be the place for you. But, if you like simple, comfortable and clean surroundings with a VERY peaceful ambiance, then Sherwood Court is awesome! If I ever find myself back in Eureka Springs, Sherwood Court will be my first stop!

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the four motel rooms; however, the cottages provide more privacy and quiet becaus...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo