“Take me back in time”

Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Still on our sister trip, we decided to spend two nights in Eureka Springs, Arkansas, and wanted to experience something different. Many of the hotels were full, but we lucked out (and I mean that) to get a 2 bedroom suite at the Grand Central Hotel on Main Street. We love this place! Built in 1880, and has all the charm of that era. High ceilings, antique furniture and a gracious front desk host. The first night we had dinner in the hotel restaurant, the Grand Taverne. It is named after The Grande Taverne des Londeres onParis, which was the first restaurant to offer me u items to be served to patrons at their tables. The chef here is THU BEST! Wow what a dinner. Once again a place I recommend and would return to. Be aware, if you want "slick and modern" you wont get it here... If you want olde ambiance, this is your place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon T
Dustin D, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Thank you for your review. We were happy to host you and glad you appreciate the Grand Central Hotel's unique olde style. Yes we are lucky to have such a great chef and support staff in the Grand Taverne. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Eureka Springs.

Take care,

Dustin

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Room large. Water pressure good. Nice little kitchenette. Saw owners multiple times. They never said welcome or thanks. Actually never said anything. There are much better lodging choices in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ARTravelers
Dustin D, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you liked the room. It was brought to my attention that you felt as if you hadn't been acknowledged to your level of satisfaction. We are all continuously on our way in effort to keep everything running and everyone happy, owners included. Please know it was not intentional for the owners to ignore you in any way. They were just trying to give you the privacy that most people appreciate. Yes there are many options in Eureka Springs, and we hope you can find the level of attention you expect at one of those options.

All the best,

Dustin Duling
Manager

Reviewed 11 June 2013

We found this hotel about 15 years ago and it was a great place to stay. Quiet and comfortable rooms and not the hustle and bustle of the other well known hotels in Eureka Springs. I do not know if ownership has changed or what, but the service is slipping. The power went out the morning we were checking out, so we stepped out to have breakfast since we couldn't finish packing in the dark. We got back a little past check out time, and the front desk seemed perturbed that we were checking out late instead of apologizing for the power outage that lasted for a couple of hours. The outage wasn't their fault, but the service level is. The cleaning staff was great and courteous the whole time, but the front desk could use some help. Skip the Grand Tavern, there are better places to eat in Eureka with a lot better service.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Zane131

Thank you for taking time to write a review. I'm sorry you didn't find the same level of comfort as you have in the past. The person at the front desk was not a member of our regular staff and shouldn't have been in a position to come into contact with guests. I am sure with the power outage, there was some level of chaos and confusion. A late check out was not a problem at all and I sincerely apologize about the service level at the front desk. I am sorry the power went out too, but we can only control so much. I hope you have great experiences in the future in Eureka Springs. It is unfortunate that you feel there are better options than the Grand Taverne with better service. Our Grand Taverne Trip Advisor reviews indicate otherwise.

Dustin Duling
Grand Taverne

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Enjoyed our stay . Clean room with every thing we could need. Every one was so nice. Only two things could have been better, 1-Room was dark, not enough light and you could hear all the music and noise from the dining room. But I could live with it. Had fun Sunday when all the electric went off so we left early. Patricia J

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I recently got married in Eureka Springs( April 20th!!) and had mine, my MOHs and my two flower girls hair done at the Grand Central, by Chris. She is wonderful! She was very friendly and helpful. Everyones hair was better than we could have expected!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My wife and I took a chance and went to Eureka Springs with no reservations, only a destination. We ended up at Grand Central Hotel. The room we got was a little more money than we wanted to spend but boy are we glad we did. The room was beautiful and clean. The bed was comfortable and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We plan to go back and this hotel is one of the reasons why.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I had a coupon for a discounted room and expected it would be nice but was blown away when I walked into my first class suite - it was marvelous - I'm fact, everything about this trip was more than I expected. The hotel is an amazing Victorian - restored and full of beautiful furnishings and memories. The owners are a wonderful couple and take great pride in their treasure. I found a book in the lobby that had pictures showing what it was before and it is obvious the love they had in bringing it back to all it's original beauty. It is pet friendly and one morning my dog got out of my room while I was out and spent time with the owners in the kitchen visiting with them and their dog they did not care at all - she put him back in my room and only told me about it later. This same owner was waiting tables and helping in the kitchen one night when there was a wedding reception going on in the restaurant which is in the lobby. The restaurant happens to be one of the best in town. I met the publisher of the newspaper in the lobby bar one night and asked him the best restaurant in town and he just pointed across the lobby. I loved my visit there and will absolutely be back.

Room Tip: I did not see a bad room in the hotel - I think there are only 14 - all beautifully decorated