“Did not end up staying. Worst Experience.”
Review of Enchanted Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Enchanted Cottages
Memphis, Tennessee
“Did not end up staying. Worst Experience.”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My fiance and I traveled to Eureka Springs at the beginning of January. I made arrangements with the owner to meet at 3:30 PM. There had been bad weather the night before, so we left a night early and split the drive (6 hours) in half. We arrived early, at 3 PM, so I called the owner, and she very bluntly told us, "The cabin is no longer available." I thought my fiance was going to burst a blood vessel. She said the pipes had frozen, and she'd lost our numbers (somehow both of our numbers and our emails). I asked her if she knew of any place that we could rent, and she said she'd call around and ask her friends. So we hung up and had to drive back down the mountain to get service and regroup. A few minutes later she called back and offered us her other, larger cabin. She said her husband was there, and we should go stop him, and that we could stay there. So we drove back up the mountain, but we were both very confused as to why she did not offer this cabin to begin with. When we got there, I got out and looked around. It looked decent, but the situation just felt fishy, like the place possibly had not been cleaned. I felt the water in the hot tub. It was only luke warm, though it may not have yet been programmed. We were already so mad that we decided not to even chance it. We ended up at Beaver Lake Resort. It was less expensive, and the most amazing time. The thing that really gets me about this situation is that I believe the owner did not think we would show up due to the weather, so she decided not to inform us about her cabin because if we didn't show, she could still charge us. Had we not found the amazing place that I should've booked to begin with, it would've been a complete disaster. I was worried to begin with about the bad reviews. But save yourself the time, money and heartache and go with someone else.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kristen D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I absolutely loved this cottage! We stayed in the bird song cottage. It was like a fairy tale. It was very cozy. Barbara came to meet us to find the cottage gave us a map of restaurant's and things to do in the area. There was a pathway trail that you walk down through the woods and then you are right by downtown. You don't have to walk very far or drive. Close to downtown. It was worth the money and very relaxing. I even met a friend who told me their was an independent movie filmed there. So go book it now! You won't be dissapointed!
I enjoyed bird song cottage. It was a magical get away just like a story book.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sela B
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 October 2013

First of all this was listed as a Bed and Breakfast. It is NOT..Unless you count the eggs in the fridge.A very remote place and not close to the Town at all unless you are young and active ,A Very Hard place to fine and very Very Rustic, I f you are looking for comfy/ cosy this place is not for you i dont care what others write .I Was sooo dissapointed when we arrived ,$189..a night????really !!!!!Iin Oct....what a rip off, Ruined our whole trip and my Husband and i had a very stressful year and so looked forward to this trip .He works Hard and finally we get away for a few days it was so wrong of Her to list this this way and have the nerve to charge that much ,I never want to go back to Eureka springs.,We never even got to meet her Just found the cottage unlocked and left it that way.If it wasnt for the Hot tub.I would have cried ...

Room Tip: yes dont go here.
Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BanburyJane
Ottawa, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Had been recommended the cottages by a friend. We stayed in the Birdsong cottage in June. We plan to go back in October. Between the relaxing, quiet, private cottage, the shops and down town area to stroll it was a great getaway. Can't wait to go back!

The website says it is a bed and breakfast so that was disappointing but otherwise great!

Room Tip: We chose the Birdsong Cottage because it had a king size bed, private hot tub and a large jetted tub...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 10 May 2013

My husband and I spent a couple nights in the Hideaway Cottage. Its was a nice place to stay but pretty small and not easy to find. Definately not convenient to walk into town unless your a lot younger than us and in better shape. The bathroom was tiny. Our host Barbara was very pleasant. If we decide to stay with Enchanted Cottages again we will definately choose one of the other larger cottages.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We stayed in the windchime it was awesome stress free very welcoming and hottub was hot. We will be going back this is our escape from everything.. we used the grill and the view was amazing thanks Barbara

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed 17 February 2013

My husband surprised me with a Romantic 2 day getaway to Birdsong Cottage for Valentines yesterday. 2-13-13.
When we arrived to the cottage we were both thoroughly disappointed and crushed.
For the amount of hard earned money my husband spent on this over priced cottage we expected it to have the floors swept, rugs vacuumed, dishes clean, nice comfy bed with nice pillows, bedding and towels that smelt fresh, ice cube trays filled, microwave clean, a "real wood" fire place, a clean working hot tub, a tv bigger than a computer screen with more than basic cable, and maybe something special for Valentines like a flower on the table. Not too much to ask, right? But sadly we arrived to find this old worn down, dirty, dusty, uncared for cottage, holes and cracks in the walls, a gas log pretend wood fire place, dirty floors, dirty rugs everywhere, smelly towels, dusty dishes, dirty glasses (with lip rings) empty ice trays, dirty hot tub (water was warm not hot) and the jets would only stay on for about 3 min and not come back on, cottage somewhat warmed with a space heater, 2 small flat pillows on a huge king bed that felt like a hard board, smelly blankets. I could go on and on... Needless to say we will never come here again and we are both dreading to have to sleep in that bed again tonight but have no choice.
Also, almost forgot to add, the BBQ grill was rusted at the bottom and while my husband was grilling filet and lobster tails last night the grill started dropping hot coals on the ground and started a small fire. After we ran to pour water on the flames and hot coals he noticed a hole had burnt through the old rusty grill. Ruined our expensive dinner. Just lovely... Not!!

Melissa Adams