“Best value for the price”
Review of Land O Nod Inn

Land O Nod Inn
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Pros
1. Room was bright and clean
2. Friendly, helpful and courteous staff
3. Good breakfast options: yogurt, muffins, pastries, cereal bread, fruits
4. Has a pool and swing set/slide and picnic tables around the area
5. Has a fridge and a microwave

Cons
Small bathroom but still adequate

• Stayed: May 2014
There are newer reviews for Land O Nod Inn

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my first time visiting Eureka Springs, so I booked this hotel due to the good reviews on TripAdvisor. However, my experience was just average. First, let me say that the customer service is top-notch! I emailed the establishment requesting an updated queen room, and the owner upgraded us to a King bed room with a flatscreen TV & microwave (no fridge though) FREE of charge! That really impressed me. I really liked the décor of the room (photo attached), not your traditional stale hotel. However, the cons outweighed the pros. When we first arrived the room absolutely reeked of cleaner, very overwhelming. We didn’t request a new room since the owner had already so graciously upgraded ours. Any Sprint phone users will have horrible service, and I initially thought there was no free wifi since it was secured with a password. However, per review of the website wifi is free, but we were not given the password upon check-in. So it’s my fault for not asking. The worst part of our stay though was the rock hard bed. I stayed at two other hotels on this particular trip and none of the beds were as firm as this one. This is the primary reason why I will not stay here again. Lastly, the breakfast was mediocre. No fresh fruit or individual cereal boxes like featured in the photo (yes I know I can’t expect the same food items featured in a picture, lol!). Just letting you know it’s not worth factoring into why you choose this hotel. Despite the great customer service in the beginning, I still would not stay again due to the smell, bed, & breakfast.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MO_Traveler09
Land O, General Manager at Land O Nod Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for your constructive comments and feedback. We are sorry to hear that your stay at the Land O nod Inn was anything less than 100% satisfactory. I did research your reservation and see that, as mentioned, you were upgraded to one of our “King Rooms”. Unfortunately, that room had not been fully updated with one of our luxurious Euro-top mattresses. We are in the process of remodeling each room on the property, and all remodeled rooms are being updated with a brand new Euro-top Luxury Mattress. These new mattresses have been receiving “rave reviews” and comments from other recent guests. If you ever decide to give us another chance, I personally guarantee you will be accommodated with a very comfortable Euro-top Mattress.
We do strive to offer the highest level of excellence and customer service to all of our guests, and as you mentioned, our “customer service is TOP NOTCH!” I assure you that if our staff had been aware of any issues that were less than satisfactory, arrangements and compensation would have been immediately implemented to better accommodate your preferences. Alas we have not mastered the art of mind reading, but strive to be as perceptive as possible to each of our guest’s personal needs. I apologize that you perceived a smell of cleaning agents upon check in. We do pride ourselves on featuring some of the cleanest rooms in town, and several products (some of which are pungent in smell) are required to provide that standard of sanitation.
Our breakfast buffet usually consists of everything displayed on our website. We provide a variety of toasts, bagels, pastries, muffins, hot & cold cereals, yogurt, milk, juice and a variety of flavored and non-flavored coffees each morning. We also try to provide a daily selection of seasonal fresh fruit. I do remember that we were offering the options of red & green apples, oranges and bananas that day. Unfortunately, the local market did not have an acceptable selection of ripe grapes and strawberries, so we were unable to provide those items at that time. We do provide those and other options for our guests whenever locally available.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is a great value budget hotel, it's extremely clean, welcoming and comfortable. The check in man was so helpful and a map of Eureka was provided and advice given about where to go and what to do was offered. I would recommend this place for all of this and also location which is within walking distance of several bars and has a trolley service right outside the door.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mrscryney
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Love this place! My kids love this place! We really enjoy being able to cook out on the hotel's propane grill (they provide everything but the food ;-) ) while the kids play on the playground or go swimming. They have plenty of picnic tables for a nice picnic. The newly updated rooms are wonderful; nicely decorated, awesome cozy beds, and big fluffy towels. This is always our first choice to stay when we visit ES.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Very clean! No soft water, but you do get the other basics. The bath towels are quite large! The bed was a little soft, but it was very quiet. Continental breakfast was good with fruit, breads, Danish, etc. $75 for queen beds/ night. The desk staff were very friendly as well.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 1 March 2014

It was off season and there were only two guests there and we were one. The room was amazing comfortable and so clean. I had coffee on the patio and felt so much peace. Aaron the desk clerk was wonderful I felt like he really cared about us. The continental breakfast was fresh and good. They are not pet friendly but they let us bring our Babies. The price was reasonable we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed in one of Land O Nod's 2 bedroom suites. It had 2 queen beds in the main room, a bathroom, and another bed in a separate room. We had a porch with 2 rocking chairs. It was a very cute hotel. The front desk was really friendly/helpful. Breakfast was small but good. Mainly pastries, cereal, and fruit. Overall it was a quiet stay and very relaxing. I will definitely stay there again next time I'm in Eureka Springs!

Stayed: January 2014