“Good value and location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Colonial Inn

Colonial Inn
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Lynden, Washington
“Good value and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The host was very friendly. The room was clean and comfortable and the location gave us quick access to the town and surroundings.
The breakfast was very simple - cereal mostly. A bit hard for the gluten free traveler, but they did have oatmeal.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ventura, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have family members in Eureka Springs and stay at Colonial Inn when I fly in for visits. For my next visit I made reservation last night via internet. This morning I received an email that my reservation is rejected. I thought maybe I made an error on my Visa number so I called. Owner says he has rooms available but rejected my reservation because I have to stay for 4 nights (my reservation was for 2). Seriously? And my reservation included Sunday night, which we all know is a slow night for lodging.

In the past I referred friends and families to this inn. No more. In the past I stayed at this inn. No more.

I will go to the Alpine Lodge now, and I will make all future recommendations to family and friends to the Alpine Lodge. The Colonial is forever off my radar.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank K M
OKC,OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here 7-24-14 as a last minute check in. The owner was polite and nice and the room was exactly what we needed. Just a place to get some rest. There aren't a lot of frills and expensive touches and finishes, so if you're looking for that, this isn't the place. But the bed was comfortable, the pillows were comfortable, the room was in a good area and was comfortable. We would have stayed a second night if we hadn't already booked another hotel online. We will return!!

Room Tip: The king rooms are located in the main building and the queen rooms are in the annex out back.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank mmasmurf
Clarksville, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

When you choose to stay at the same inn year after year there has to be a reason. This is our 13th year to return to "The Colonial" and the experience has always been refreshing. We have always found the rooms clean and relaxing, the location is ideal for experiencing the sites near Eureka Springs, and most importantly the owners and staff make you feel like friends instead of guests. Small enough to let you unwind and large enough to give you elbow room. Thanks for making our family feel at home.

Room Tip: The apartment suite is ideal for the extended stay for the family.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our mother daughter trip and were very impressed. We stayed in 301 and it was cool and quiet and very clean. For the amount we paid it was a very good deal and the owners were fantastic. If you are looking simply for a place to relax at the end of the Day and lay your head down to sleep, no frills but very comfortable, this is perfect. I would recommend it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Marion, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was very impressed with how clean and nice the hotel was. The bed was comfortable and the staff was so very nice and helpful. There are many attractions in the Eureka Springs Area and our hotel staff was familiar with all of them and how to get there as well as the hours they were open. The hotel was minutes from downtown and minutes from the Passion Play. The breakfast is muffins and cereal. They also had coffee, tea and orange juice. Just what we needed for a quick bite before heading home. I know I will be staying again when I go back which I hope is soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed one night here. Not all rooms are in the main house picture that is shown. We had to go down stairs behind the main house where there is what I would call a motel. There is a reason why the price is so low. Outdated still using bed spreads and not cleaning them after each visit woke up with bites not sure from what???? Got out fast stayed in downtown for $20 more in a real hotel.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mike L
Eva G, Owner at Colonial Inn, responded to this review, 12 March 2015
Newly updated rooms! Fresh new carpet, bedding and new TVs.