“Decent”

Mud Street Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The cafe is beautiful - very cute. Maybe we were there during a busy time, but the service was rushed; we waited about ten minutes before someone came to our table. I got the turkey sandwich, it was so-so. Bloody Mary's are great. I wouldn't mind going back, but the next time I'm in Eureka, we'll probably try some place else for brunch.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,598)

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Great atmosphere, and even better food. Our breakfast was delicious, I had the ham, and it was very good with large portions. Also they don't use water injected ham either! The potatoes were very good as well. The only downside was that they are closed on Tuesdays and Wednesday's, at least while we were there in November. Would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We actually went twice on our trip, once for breakfast and coffee and then just a coffee to go when were leaving town. The service was great as I've found with most places in Eureka and the breakfast was really good. I like the way they do their hashbrowns and eggs are eggs I guess but it was good. The coffee is really good though as we both got the Alpine Mocha I believe it's called, with Almond syrup and white chocolate and oh so good. I love iced coffees and this was up there with some of the best I've had and so good we went back the next day on our way out of town just for a coffee. Such a unique place as well being underground and cool decorations and history. Go for a coffee or breakfast and you won't be disappointed at all.

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went here twice for meals within a 24 hour period. We had lunch, which was great! I had a cheeseburger and my husband had a veggie burger. They both had lots of flavor. Definitely one if your better tasting burgers. We also came back the next morning for breakfast. We heard great things about the pancakes. They were good, but nothing too special. People were lined up outside as we left, so it has definitely made an impression on many. The service was really good. We got our food rather quickly considering there were no tables available and a very small kitchen. I was impressed with that, since the food was fresh. The seating is very tight so if you aren't good with crowds then you may want to steer clear. All in all, this is a great place to eat. We will go back!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We ate at this restaurant twice on a recent trip to Eureka. Both times we were there for breakfast. The first time it was a Thursday morning and it was laid back and we got right in, food was good, etc. The next time was a Saturday morning and there were people waiting up the stairs (the restaurant is in the lower level of a bldg). It was so crowded that we had to push down the stairs and couldn't find anyone to take our name to put us on a list. All of these people on the stairs HAS to violate fire codes. This is a cool place with a great atmosphere and decent food, but they need to figure out how to accommodate so many people. When we were finally seated it was right by the crowd waiting and two ladies stood right behind me waiting to be seated with their backsides at my head level. Not the most appetizing when trying to enjoy a meal.