Can-U-Canoe Riverview Cabins
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Econo Lodge(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
US$74
Best Western Eureka Inn(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
US$93
Lookout Lodge(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
US$89
Edelweiss Inn(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
US$79
Best Western Inn of the Ozarks(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
US$103
BestWestern.com
The Lodge(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$177
US$172
The Trails Inn(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
US$62
Regency Inn(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$63
Eureka Matterhorn Towers(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
US$81
All reviewswhite riverfull kitchenbedroom cabinhot tubsparkling cleangreat cabinromantic weekendevery morningthree nightswonderful placedeckfireplaceseclusionozarkstubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We were recently married at CanUCanoe Cabins and dreams really do come true. It will be the memory of our lifetime. We wanted a destination wedding and were concerned since we could not travel in advance to plan it ourselves. The management, Carla and Louis gave us excellent customer service and were very caring about our event. Every detail was handled for us before we arrived, flowers, cakes, catering and decorations. We arrived to every detail being fulfilled for us. Our family and friends were treated with excellent hospitality and we will visit again for many years to come. If you are having a wedding and want caring and considerate service call Can U Canoe.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2013

What a wonderful experience. We were told about Canucanoe cabins by friends who stay there regularly. We stayed in the Roost cabin and it was magnificent! The view of the river below was truly amazing. The cabin was very luxurious and had everything to make our stay memorable. It was very clean and well stocked. They even provided firewood for us! The staff were so friendly and helpful, we called several times for information and they always answered the phone and helped with whatever crazy thing we needed! We will definitely stay there again and will tell all of our friends. Thank you Carla and Louis!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I have spent quite a few vacations in Eureka Springs and once I found Can U Canoe, there is nowhere else to stay. The service and attention to detail is excellent. The views are breath taking. Being just west of the city you get the best of both worlds. The excitement, shopping and hussel and bussel of people enjoy their vacation and then Can U Canoe is there with it cozy charming cabins, set in peaceful seclusion and natural beauty all around, just wonderful! I've stay here at different times of year both for a quiet romantic weekend getaway and a big family Thanksgivings. Who could stay could stay for just one day... It's always so hard to leave! My family and I recommend Can U Canoe to everyone, a little piece of heaven tucked away in the beautiful Ozark Mountains!

Room Tip: All the cabins are charming and unique and the big lodges are awesome for big families
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Chad A
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I have stayed in their cabins/home before, prior to new management. I have also referred others who have stayed, but I can't say I will do that again. Now more recommendations again. I must say I was very disappointed in the way they handled business, especially for repeat customers. My friends and I were going to rent Eagle's Roost for Saturday Feb 16th, just so happens to be my birthday! We were all looking forward to another stay and a girls night out. The cabin showed availiability for one night online. I called to reserve the Sunday prior and was advised they required a two night mininum because of Valentines Day. . I asked if the cabin wasn't reserved by Valentine's Day could I rent it then for one night, and was advised YES. When I called on Thursday the cabin/home was still available but then I was advised she couldn't rent it for one night. So on SUNDAY I was told I could rent it if it wasn't booked, but when I called on Thursday she said NO and changed her mind. I talked to her Friday and she was still holding out for two nights, she had all kind of inquiries. This was on Friday, really? I even offered to pay the cleaning. Here it is Saturday morning and its still not booked and is available. Sorry to say, I think this was very unprofesional, and poor business on her behalf and won't be back. Disappointed still.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jules72756
wetsuman, Manager at Can-U-Canoe Riverview Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

We truly understand the disappointment of not being able to stay for one night. We do have a two night minimum as stated on our web page. We have individual luxury cabins unlike hotels that are equipped for one night rentals. Valentine is a very busy weekend in Eureka Springs and the home was rented for a two day stay. In some circumstances reservations are made in advance. Valentine Day being a romantic weekend and everyone looking for that perfect romantic getaway many reservations are made at the last minute as was The Eagles Roost reservation. We are always saddened when someone is not happy with our service. We do strive for excellent customer service and have received many awards for our efforts. Can U Canoe is famous for its renewing and re-energizing atmosphere as well as its outstanding view. We do our best to make every visit for every guest extraordinary, as our reviews reflect. However, it still is a business and as with any business we have guidelines we must follow.
Again our apologies for your disappointment.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

As far as I can tell Canucanoe cabins benefits directly from the location of their cabins i.e. excellent view of photo worthy landscapes, certainly not their hospitality and desire for your business. My significant other and I are in the process of finding a destination location for our upcoming wedding, and on paper Canucanoe seemed the like the perfect location.

When I initially called for information I was met with a somewhat gruff individual on the line, not rude but certainly not welcoming. In that conversation it was clear to me that she was more interested in a profit than creating an experiene, (since I appreciate specifics) for example, when I mentioned what our event was a wedding her reply was "well if it is over 20 people then you will have to pay the event fee...", not "congratulations" or "that's great". p.s. Many other underwhelming examples from that conversation could be given but I will leave you with that one because in my opinion that speaks volumes.

Left in dismay of our conversation I marked Canucanoe off our list. Days lafter, after thinking about the situation I opted to give it another chance...afterall everyone has a rough day (which could have been the reason for the initial gruff/unwelcoming tone) and the location was so pretty. So, I decided to call back again, this time scheduling a time to tour the property. While scheduling the tour I noted that we would be driving in from out of town and if anything changed between now (time of phone call) and the tour we would be sure to call and let her know (I don't appreciate being stood up and certainly don't want to do that to someone else), to which she replied "yes, do, because I have to drive over there to meet you"...still gruff and unwelcoming!

So, tour day comes, we drive in from out of town and arrive at the cabin that we are supposed to met at and wouldn't you know we were the only ones there. I called Canucanoe and spoke with the same lady (I assume manager because she is the only person I have worked with), and she advised that she woke up that morning with a dead Hummer and she couldn't get out. Obviously not extending us the same courtesy that she expected of us and we were driving in from out of town and potential high spending customer! To make matters even worse, she didn't offer to reschedule or send someone else out to give us a tour.

Although we were appauled at the lack of customer service provided, we are thankful to Canucanoe for making our decision so easy. We ended up going just across the river to "Retreat at Sky Ridge Resort" where we rented their entire 150 acre property complete with 7 lovely cabins, an amazing event center that is fully furnished (tables, chairs, etc) and can hold in upwards of 120+ people (vs 54 at Canucanoe for $1000), two stocked ponds and AMAZING customer service - in fact Cindy and Shannon are so helpful and eager to create a memorable experience they are like complimentary wedding planners! We are definately walking away from Canucanoe as happy customers...happy and loyal customers of the Retreat at Sky Ridge!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple