“Excellent Music and Singing”

Ozark Mountain Hoe-Down
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Mike Nichols has returned to the "Ozark Mountain Hoe-Down" After 15 years! He has brought along with him his beloved characters "Tator (Chip) Patches" and "Uncle Posture Pedic". Mike has also assembled an amazing cast of, Performers, Pickers, Singers, and Entertainers, who are among the top Talent in the country! This is a Family Show that provides Good Clean Family Fun! Designed for ages 2 to 92! This is a must See Show!! It truly is the Hottest Show In the Ozarks!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We wandered in not knowing what to expect, but had a great time. The George brothers and their band were excellent. Because the music was so good I found myself wishing for more music and less talking! There were a couple of off color jokes, but nothing offensive. They are pros and put on good show and worth the money in my opinion.

3  Thank TexasMDA

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I read the reviews before deciding to go to this show, most were favorable so I thought we would check it out. For the price of tickets to this show I was expecting something a little more professional. I felt amateurish to me. No one seemed to be working the sound or lights. It was too bright on stage with florescent lights and sometimes the mics were to low. Maybe it was because this is the end of their season and the house wasn't full that it appeared stripped down from what I read in the other reviews. Hoe-down makes me think of banjos, fiddles, etc. Some of the pictures show that but we saw none of that. It should maybe be referred to as a variety show rather than a Hoe-down. I really felt like walking out at intermission but stayed since the tickets cost as much as they did. The couple who sat behind us had seen the show before and also said it felt stripped down and that there were fewer performers on stage than the last visit. Would not go again and will not recommed to family or friends.

3  Thank Nerzie
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This show has lots of comedy. It needs more music. All in all, it was a fun way to spend the evening.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We don't miss this show! Every time we go to Eureka Springs we see the Hoedown! These guys get to know their audience! Absolutely love it!

2  Thank NanaterryG
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The show is well worth seeing. You will bust a gut laughing!! Our 5th time to Eureka and we would never, EVER, miss seeing P Nutt and his Brother Dwayne at the Hoe Down. Also a must see is the Great Passion Play, and the Holy Land Tour, and eat at the passion play, it is Great!!!!
Debra Norris-Williams