“Rustic and beautiful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Lake Lucerne Resort
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Rustic and beautiful”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed in Baywood cabin for 4 nights in mid-December. The cabin was perfect--clean and quiet with 2 bedrooms, a jacuzzi in the bath, a fully-equipped kitchen and dining room, and a working fireplace. It's just a 100 yards from the private lake (lots of birds and geese, but a great place to read or just relax) and just a short drive from downtown Eureka Springs. Faryl was very accommodating when I had to change cabins at the last minute. I had no trouble with cell or 3G service from my cabin.

Room Tip: Some of the cabins are right on the lake, with decks overlooking the water. Others are in the woods...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Alan G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Mission KS
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was my first time at Lake Lucerne, although I had stayed in town at the Peabody previously. Since my experiences at the Peabody and owner Faryl Kaye were very positive, I decided to give the cabins a try. I'm so glad I did!!! The stay was wonderful and relaxing. Listening to the geese honk and the birds chirp was just what I needed My cabin was clean and well appointed. I absolutely loved staying there and waking up with sunlight coming in through the windows. Very well priced for a complete cabin with your own private lake. I will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Kingfisher the first 2 nights and historic cabin 2 the third night. The Kingfisher...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 18 November 2013

If you are looking for a quieter, more spacious option in the Eureka Springs area with a good combination of local flavor and amenities, the Lake Lucerne cottages are definitely a good choice. The innkeepers have managed to put together an above-average offering that is quiet, comfortable, and reasonably-priced. We stayed at the Becky Thatcher cottage, right on the lake for four days and found it an ideal home base for our week in the area.

Positive Qualities:
1) Plenty of room for two, or more.
2) Good place to cook/eat in, camp for an evening, or just chill out.
3) Very quiet and peaceful. The lake scene is right out of a painting. NICE!
4) The bed was of very high quality. This is ALWAYS a show-stopper for us.
5) Wireless access was surprisingly good. Again, a show-stopper if not provided.
6) Great location if you prefer not to be in the middle of everything, but need convenience.
7) For what you get, the price is VERY reasonable.

A Few (minor) Opportunities for Improvement:
1) A few too many "DON'Ts" published around the cottage. I understand the need, but
it's just off-putting for those of us who will respect your property regardless.
2) Plush bathrooms are not a necessity, but a few simple improvements (like better
showerheads, quieter fans, etc.) would go a long way to addressing some "expectation
gaps".
3) Window shades on the east/south-facing windows. The sun blazes into the lake-facing
bedrooms in the morning.

Overall, this was a wonderful place to spend our 25th-anniversary. We heartily endorse a stay there and would love to visit again!

Room Tip: There are alternatives for everyone. I would have loved to see the other cottages up close. The Be...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bruce K
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband and my dog stayed in cabin #2 the weekend of Nov. 1st and it was perfect! Loved the cabin and the lake is beautiful! It's very close to downtown but you feel like you are very far away because it's tucked back in the trees. The cabin was very comfortable and we loved the wood burning fireplace and the jacuzzi tub. I'm so thankful that they have some pet friendly options because we like to take our dog with us sometimes and it can be difficult to find great places that allow pets. I could not have been happier and we are already planning our next trip there and will stay at Lake Lucerne again!

My only concern was that we did not recieve cell service there and I kept wondering what we would do if we had an emergency. That's just how my mind works. I wish they would put in a land-line or something just in case we needed to call 911 or had some other emergency. It won't keep me from going back but it did cross my mind.

Room Tip: Cabin #2 has a great view of the lake!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank emily d
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We have visited Eureka Springs several times, but our trip in June was the best ever due to our stay at the Becky Thatcher. There were five of us, and the Becker Thatcher was the perfect fit .The cabin was immaculate, the furnishings adorable, and everything we needed was provided. We all loved sitting on the decks watching the lake and the wildlilfe. The grounds are very peaceful. I loved the looking at the photos that showed the history of the old resort. This is a charming place and we are looking forward to visiting again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TrailingR0se
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I Stayed In The Buchman Cottage. It Was Adorable! Clean, Welcoming, And Secluded. This Cottage Is A Little Further From Downtown But It Was Not Stacked On Top Of Others Like Some Cottages Are. Stress Free Parking For Multiple Vehicles. Private Drive. The Management Was So Accommodating!They Were Glad To Help With Any Questions I Had. Overall,I Had A Wonderful Week Stay!

• Stayed July 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Just got back from here and I did NOT want to leave,Very good size, clean, the decks and porches where so nice, the bed was comfy, pretty private, has cd/radio, cable everything. I felt so much peace and quiet here, geese not loud at all, very green out, so pretty view here, mornings and evenings on deck are breathtaking along with nature!!!!!!!!!!easy to find and once leaving any hotel, show etc you will go here and say to yourself this place is nicer then any place I BEEN IN TODAY! Wifi is good in kitchen here, arrived to book of Welcome with info in it, bread, etc very nice you will love it! If I had just one thing to add and complete this would be a hot tub on the deck so nice here,(STILL HAS A GOOD SIZE JETTED TUB INSIDE THOU BIG) with this being said from a las vegas local WHO flew in there take my word, also I'm sure any of them are just a nice, if wondering you choose right here>>>>> stay here, so close HWY 62east and 23 south just so close to everything yet hidden! Furnished well also, I look forward to going back! cell reception I had none, BUT short drive 2m a gas station and you get reception and around eureka of course, If you need any special things just ask the owner she was the Best! All Thanks!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo