“AWESOME VIEW”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Arkansas White River Cabins
Ball,La
“AWESOME VIEW”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

We had a great time on our trip. The cabins are very clean and have the best view around!! Will definately be going back and staying there again!!! The cabins have Dish and a DVD player. Its very quiet there and has everything you need to cook. The beds are very comfortable and bathroom has good hot water. I would definately recommend to anyone to stay there. The price was great!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank roddevo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My wife and I have travelled here on numerous occasions just to getaway! Firtst time being our wedding honeymoon and has returned several times since then.........Very clean excellent views as well as awesome owners......So cozy and relaxing........just the spot for a romantic getaway in the mountains......even tho its fairly close to Oklahoma when we are there we feel like we are a million miles from home........HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED & INEXPENSIVE!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PastorStokes
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Believe the bad reviews at your own loss. The White River Cabins has by far the best view anywhere near Eureka Springs and the cabins are clean and nice with beautiful wood floors and walls and a fully equiped kitchen with a full size refrigerator, stove and microwave. A small TV with Direct TV is also provided.

I have stayed her 4 times and will be again soon. The owners are originally from the Midwest and are very nice people. We've never had any issues with them or their daughter who cleans the cabins. Perhaps the only other place that rivals the view is the Can-U-Canoe about half a mile up the road but you will pay 3 times the price there. In my opinion, the view of the White River and the Ozark Mountains from this property is better than anything on Beaver Lake as well. It's such a beautiful blue/green river usually with some beautiful fog in the morning and stunning sunsets in the evening (see pic). I've even seen a bald eagle resting on a tree by the river (see pic). You can watch canoes slowly paddle by during the day. According to my GPS, the cabins are about 270 ft. above the river.

There are 5 buildings with 7 cabins. Two of the units have an upstairs and a downstairs that can be rented individually or can be combined by opening a door to a stairway. The door is locked of course upstairs and downstairs if you are not combining the two.

My recommendation for the best cabin is the Cliffside. It has a nice sized porch overlooking the White River and does not have a unit above it, so you won't be hearing any footsteps. It doesn't have an enclosed bedroom, but why would you need one?

Arrowhead and Trial of Tears have just as good of views as Cliffside and large nice porches. The negative here for Arrowhead is if someone is above you. Both cabins have identical floor plans. I've stayed in Arrowhead 3 times and never had a problem. Perhaps the no children requirement helped out. They have an additional bedroom that can be opened up if you have more than 2 people. There is an additional cost for this room. These two bedrooms are enclosed with a door.

Valleyview is very nice with a big porch and an amazing view. The negative here is if someone is above you. With this unit however, the porch for the unit above is not directly above you so this eliminates some of the talking you may here above you if you are staying in Arrowhead.

Hideaway is nice and has an excellent view from the porch, but it's a small porch. Your window view is not as open as the other larger cabins (see pic), but you also pay less for this unit.

Sunset and Cherokee Lodge are nice, but do not have river views. There is a nice viewing area nearby with a bench (see pics). These though will also cost you less money.

As I said, the cabins are kept super clean. The furniture is a little dated, but nice enough considering the super low cost. There is no fan in the bathroom so it can get a little steamy and the stand up shower is rather small for a larger person. For the units with enclosed bedrooms, the bedroom is small but you won't be spending much time there anyway. Most of your time will be sitting out on the porch staring at an amazing view. They do provide patio furniture. No smoking inside the cabins. There is plenty of air conditioning for the summer months.

These cabins are only about 6 miles from downtown Eureka Springs and only about 3 miles from excellent hiking, mountain biking, and swimming at Lake Leatherwood. It's also close to the town of Beaver and the Little Golden Gate Bridge (see my review of this bridge). Beaver Lake is just upstream and is only a few miles away to the dam with a park, picnic tables, and swimming. Blue Spring is maybe a mile down the road and is worth a visit if you don't mind paying the entrance fee.

Other attractions I would recommend is downtown Eureka Springs, Terpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge, Blue Spring, Thorncrown Chapel, and a show at the Ozark Mountain Hoedown (I haven't been to the Pine Mountain Theater yet). Go see the big Jesus statue at Christ of the Ozarks. Even if Jesus is not your thing, there is a nice overlook of Eureka Springs nearby. Branson Missouri is only about an hour away and makes for a good day trip from Eureka Springs. If you are into rock climbing, Horseshoe Canyon Ranch is also only about an hour away. I wouldn't bother with Pivot Rock.

Overall, for the money, you can't beat it. I won't stay anywhere else. This is the main reason I come back to Eureka Springs over and over. THE VIEW IS THE BOMB!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Climb_Big_Bend
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We really enjoyed the 4 days we spent at White River Cabins. It was so quiet and relaxing. We spent several hours sitting on the deck and watching the river and wild life. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The cabins are very clean and the beds were comfortable. We are looking forward to returning this fall.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tulsasadie
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I received a call shortly after are check out from the maid yelling at me over the phone that we where never welcome to the cabins again b/c we left a light on and some dishes in the sink. She even called us "disgusting", she said that she had never seen such a thing in 20 years!! I was very upset by this conversion as you could imagine for several reasons, but my number one reason is that the we left the cabin in GREAT shape! I picked up the towels, took out the trash, even semi-made the bed before we left. Truthfully, even if we did leave some dishes, or left trash out, or left a light on... if you pay $100 a night for a cabin i believe you are paying for the services of cleaning the cabin. I'm also very upset that the owner give my personal information to the "help" and had allowed her to call me speak to a me in that manner. DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET VERY RUDE PHONE CALLS FROM THE MAID!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
16 Thank HarlowGraves
dallas
Reviewed 7 September 2010

The location is amazing with an insane view of the White River below. We stayed in the Cherokee Cabin and it was small and quaint. It had a very musky smell, but the place was very clean. Only ten minutes from downtown Eureka Springs, which is the cutest town with some of the nicest and friendliest people you will ever encounter. The downsides are that although advertise internet you can forget about it, I could pull up one site before it froze and then would just not work. Don't expect any extra towells, soap, pillows ect. You can tell they are on a very tight budget, even fixing the ac so you can only turn it up so high. You can also have no pets, no kids under 16 and no guests...not even for a bbq. Also the customer service is kind of lacking, my boyfriend lost his cellphone and called to see if they found it and the guy said they were cleaning it right now, when my boyfriend asked if they would call him if they found it they said no, that he would need to call back., I'm sorry but that I think is just rude and completely lacking in customer service, or even just common courtesy.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank countrygirl041
Reviewed 16 July 2010

The manangement was unfriendly unaccomadating! Owner barged in cabin without any notice!! Don't plan on having any guests here even just to say hi ??? No guests allowed!! Need I say more??

• Stayed September 2010