“5 STARS just isn't enough”

Beaver Lakefront Cabins
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I won't go into all the detail about the amenities of this place because if you're reading reiews you've probably read them over and over and over. They are all true. But all I can say is, this place is spectacular! My wife and I splurged for our 40th anniversary which was Dec 30th, and stayed two nights. The place was everything that others had said and more - the folks that thought all of this through and made the decisions as to what to provide and what not to provide - hit the target. The place leaves basically nothing to be desired. It was so funny, after about two hours my wife finally said "ha, I found something they missed - these two chairs should have been recliners". (We were in one of the upstairs 'rooms') So I went over and sat down in one of them, pushed back and lo and behold, it reclined. It just didn't have a handle or button to operate it so my wife thought it wasn't one. The only reason we still laugh about that silly thing is because there really was NOTHING else they forgot. Awesome place, nice folks. A bit pricey for my budget if I wanted to go there real often, but that's what makes it so special ;-)

I guess the ONLY thing I would change is they should install better wi-fi, which is totally possible with some repeaters mounted in the right places. The cell signal can't really be helped, but they could do some high-speed wi-fi with some repeaters. I admit, I'm an IT person by trade and it's not bad being totally disconnected sometimes from the world, but even some of the games my wife and I play on our smartphones and iPad requires wi-fi, as does texting pics of that beautiful place to our friends. So some decent wi-fi would have been a great addition. But if you're trying to decide on this place, do yourself a Nike favor - JUST DO IT! Thank you BLC!!

Room Tip: Wish I could remember the room 'number' but it was upstairs and on the far left (facing the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JonahPro
EricSS, Owner at Beaver Lakefront Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thank you for the review and compliments on our attention to detail. We consider it an important part of the business model, and in fact, just added stove top spoon rests because who wants to set the wet stirring spoon down on the stove when cooking.

But even better, I’d like to mention three important upgrades: First, the slow internet is fixed. Just a few days after these guests departed, we broke our contract and signed up with our 6th new Internet Service Provider in eight years. I think you’ll find our internet to now be satisfactory, and hopefully it will remain so until we can switch to cable. (For a frank discussion of life with satellite-based internet, please see addendum below.)

Secondly, we’ve just upgraded from our old, manual-start generators that required special hooking up to new, propane-based generators that kick in automatically whenever the power fails. Strangely, this provides a perverse incentive to actually look forward to the next significant ice or snow storm because, somehow, the simulations just aren’t as much fun :-) And finally as part of a significant remodel of the private lake view suites, all of the suites have new showers with thick glass doors, rain drop shower heads, and four-port body spray systems that will make you loathe to ever leave.

Thanks again for your kind words,

Eric Stacy
Co-Proprietor, Beaver Lakefront Cabins

Regarding the internet and because of our rural location, we’re forced to depend on satellite-based providers, and sadly, there is a familiar pattern to doing business with all of them. Company A launches a new satellite that’s faster than the competition or their old satellite, then they turn their sales forces lose, and within a matter of nine to eighteen months, they completely over-subscribe the new satellite and response time degraded to something close to dial-up. Sadly, you’ve usually been forced to sign a two year contract so when Company B launches their new, faster satellite, you’ll have to pay an early termination fee with Company A for the privilege of repeating the same forlorn experience with Company B. After thousands of dollars in installation fees—we have a veritable dish-forest out back--and at least a thousand more in early termination fees, I have little good to say about the industry . The salesperson for the most recent company claims they have a second satellite ready for launch when the first reaches its’ design capacity therefore our service won’t suffer. We’ll see, and hopefully we’ll get more than a season or so out of them. If not, we’ll go on down the road to the next, newest satellite until some grand day, in the hopefully not-too-distant future, we finally get cable.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

My wife and I had our first stay at BLC last weekend. It was everything we expected and then some. We stayed two nights, and wished we could have stayed longer. The cabins blend into the landscape beautifully, and are beautifully maintained and updated. We enjoyed the BluRay player and the SurroundSound. The bed was extremely comfortable, and we definitely recommend the Private Chef, Denise. She was very pleasant and the meal was outstanding. Beautiful views, nature, and peace. We will definitely return. As some others have said (and I would like to add at no fault to the owners), the county road that leads down to the cabins is a little rough and steep. We have a mid-size, front wheel drive SUV, and we were able to get in and out with no issue. Bring groceries and you will have no reason to leave unless you want to go into town.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian G
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We have spent 3-5 days a year here for the last 6 years. There is no place like it for solitude, romance and relaxation! The most amazing memories we will cherish forever. We thank you very much for exceeding our expectations year after year.

Room Tip: Have only stayed in the cabins. Read all the directions they provide and you will have everything yo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tricia Z
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We stayed in Cabin 5 for our honeymoon--it had great views of the lake and mountains. The cabins are very nice and very updated (cable and wireless). The cabin has everything you need including a full kitchen. Definitely splurge on the chef cooking dinner for you--it was phenomenal!!! Excellent food and she was very nice. The drive into town really isn't that bad and the peace and quiet of the cabin was worth it. Would definitely go back!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie J
Reviewed 8 January 2013

This is by far one of the best places I have been. The place is gorgeous, facilities perfect, and staff very kind and friendly. They have though of everything. The flowers I ordered were way more than I expected and the couples massage was great. I didn't even like massages prior to this one. Whoever says anything negative about this place has no idea what they are talking about. I agree that there is a one lane road to get to the place, but there are places to pull off and let each other pass. The only downside, if you call it a downside would be that all visitors use the same phone line and the internet connection is terrible, but we are in the woods to get away from it all. What did we expect. Thank you Beaver Lakefront Cabins for an excellent Anniversary. We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stacy S
Reviewed 21 October 2012

The property is very well represented on the website. No real surprises. We went for the suites (instead of cabins) and it (unit D) was very nice. I was expecting a dish washer but there isn't one in this unit - you are expected to wash the dishes you use. The bedding is excellent. A few missed details like cobwebs in the corners and lady bugs in the room (but I think that is common this time of year). Other details went above and beyond...snacks provided, plenty of trash bags, soap, and overall very clean. Do your research via website and reviews - they are very well organized and informative. Road to property is not paved...steep and bumpy in places but nothing that should stop you from visiting (unless it's snowy!) And we saw two deer and three squirrels right off our deck within two hours of arrival...awesome!

Room Tip: Unit D of the suites is on the lowest level and has a hammock. The deck of the other suites is above...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stayathomemom212
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Celebrated a birthday in July at Beaver Lakefront Cabins - drove 10+ hours from Wisconsin, and our guests drove in from Nashville. Beaver Lakefront Cabins was a spectacular destination to stay and relax - everyone at BLC was professional and nice to work with, from the reservations to our arrival and departure. BLC is a scenic 15 minute drive from Spring St in Eureka Springs; perfect to escape the hustle and bustle of Eureka Springs - BLC was our respite and solitute. We enjoyed the pontoon on Beaver Lake, toured the Dam and several of the sites on Beaver Lake - very nice. Thorncrown Chapel is on your way from BLC to Eureka Springs - beautiful and serene - I'd highly recommend. We dined at The Anglers, The Rowdy Beaver, Stonehouse, and best of all - Gaskins Cabin - if you are looking for comfortable hospitality and great food, served in the ambience of a 150 year old cabin - Gaskins Cabin is it - they lived up to their reputation of the Ultimate Dining Experience in Eureka Springs. If you love animals, take time to support the Turpentine Big Cat by going to visit and enjoy the tour, Natasha, our guide was very informative. The drive on N187 to Inspiration Point and over the Golden Gate bridge is scenic and a treat - take your time. Don't let the couple of miles of gravel road that you drive from 187 to access Beaver Lakefront cabins, scare you - it's only a few minutes drive for you to arrive at this peaceful, accommodating resort - thank you Team Beaver Lakefront Cabins for making our stay memorable. GIve them a call today to experience their wonderful hospitality and book a reservation.

Room Tip: Don't let the drive in scare you away. It's only a mile or so off the asphalt highway. Don...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple